No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not offended, I'd be really happy if GalaxyMan2015 makes it work.

Im ssoooooo happy VXGI works on 4.7 now

Thanks GalaxyMan2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
      Im not offended, I'd be really happy if GalaxyMan2015 makes it work.

Im ssoooooo happy VXGI works on 4.7 now

Thanks GalaxyMan2015
      A huge double thanks to GalaxyMan2015, may the force be with you

Comment

So... this one still Bugging me. I tried changing bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true to false and no luck. Any ideas?
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hey guys, quick question about VXGI. So right now without the second bounce Specular Tracing works, but not with quality viable for a project. However, setting surface materials to have an emissive value of 0.01 multiplied by the diffuse image approximates extra lighting quite nicely, but of course voxelizes all materials on screen. My question is if this is okay to do. My computer can only get about 18 fps with specular tracing by default, and that doesn't change with the emissive adjustment. Does the voxel geometry change when affected by direct light because it has to, or is it for performance reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            Did you backup ur NVIDIA directory prior to running setup.bat and then repaste it back over after? As running the dependecy downloaded actually overwrites some files in the NVIDIA directory that are required, and thats the error u get when that happens.
            Yes. I followed your instructions. I've Just tried to download and build everything a second time here to make sure and that error still happens.
            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

I had that too, I thought Im beeing dumb and gave up Figured I have to tear down the clone and fetch it again, but then there was another branch so..

The Merged branch workes fine.

Comment

I had that too, I thought Im beeing dumb and gave up Figured I have to tear down the clone and fetch it again, but then there was another branch so..

The Merged branch workes fine.
                I'm gonna try the merged branch, thanks

edit: I downloaded the Merged branch and used its NVIDIA folder to replace the VXGI one after running the setup.bat and now it builds all right. It looks like the VXGI git branch is coming with the folder generated by the setup.bat already...

But now when I try to start the editor, I get the same error that folks up above are getting:

Attached Files
                Last edited by rabellogp; 03-19-2015, 02:47 PM.
                Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Has anyone an idea on how to set up a bunch of materials for VXGI? When I try to have more than 10 materials set to be used with VXGI at the same time (through the property matrix), the engine just crashes. Should I be aware of any hardware or engine limitations in this regard? (I looked at my RAM usage, but not even half of it were in use when I compile the materials)

Greetings,
                  Dakraid

Comment

Does it really crash or does it just halt rendering and responding? If its the latter you could just wait. A long time. It will complete eventually...

Compiling shaders with VXGI on is like.. extra-superduper slow.

Comment

Does it really crash or does it just halt rendering and responding? If its the latter you could just wait. A long time. It will complete eventually...

Compiling shaders with VXGI on is like.. extra-superduper slow.
                      Nope, it's actually crashing. The thing is it happens irregularly. Sometimes it happens with 7 materials, sometimes with 12. Compiling the materials one by one is no problem.
                      I added the crash-log now (forgot to do that in the first post, sorry):
                      Code:
                      Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error: [File:C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 1519] 
                      Couldn't find Shader TVXGIVoxelizationVSFVXGIVoxelizationNoLightMapPolicy for Mate

KERNELBASE + 44461 bytes
                      UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterial::GetShader() + 518 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1519]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!TVXGIVoxelizationDrawingPolicy<FVXGIVoxelizationNoLightMapPolicy>::TVXGIVoxelizationDrawingPolicy<FVXGIVoxelizationNoLightMapPolicy>() + 109 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.h:996]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!ProcessVxgiVoxelizationMeshForForwardShading<FDrawVXGIVoxelizationStaticMeshAction>() + 585 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:2445]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!TVXGIVoxelizationDrawingPolicyFactory::AddStaticMesh() + 304 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:2521]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!FStaticMesh::AddToDrawLists() + 92 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenecore.cpp:298]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!FPrimitiveSceneInfo::AddStaticMeshes() + 420 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\primitivesceneinfo.cpp:139]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!FPrimitiveSceneInfo::AddToScene() + 263 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\primitivesceneinfo.cpp:181]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!FScene::AddPrimitiveSceneInfo_RenderThread() + 990 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:287]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!`FScene::AddPrimitive'::`28'::EURCMacro_FAddPrimitiveCommand::DoTask() + 369 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:484]
                      UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FScene::AddPrimitive'::`28'::EURCMacro_FAddPrimitiveCommand>::ExecuteTask() + 456 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:669]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() + 3125 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:428]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() + 77 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:271]
                      UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() + 189 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:282]
                      UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() + 63 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:385]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() + 102 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() + 93 bytes [C:\"Path_to_my_Engine"\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
                      kernel32 + 88525 bytes
                      ntdll + 175441 bytes

Comment

"Path_to_my_Engine" is from changing the folder name via copy&paste to not make it public here right? Otherwise I can't be of help on this one.

Comment

"Path_to_my_Engine" is from changing the folder name via copy&paste to not make it public here right? Otherwise I can't be of help on this one.
                          Yep, it's not relevant to know the twenty (not really) different folders my engine is in We will see, maybe Mike or someone else has an idea ^^

Comment

"Has anyone an idea on how to set up a bunch of materials for VXGI? When I try to have more than 10 materials set to be used with VXGI at the same time (through the property matrix), the engine just crashes. Should I be aware of any hardware or engine limitations in this regard? (I looked at my RAM usage, but not even half of it were in use when I compile the materials)

Greetings,
                            Dakraid"

I had some crashes before this build, so had to use property matrix in a new level without the objects used in viewport.
                            This one seems better since adjusted 64 materials in one go, but they were basic materials.

"edit"
                            Just tested again, and it crashed

I managed to convert a 110 materials asset in one go when not mixed with emissive omni materials, but it took a looong time (40min).
                            Last edited by Graute; 03-19-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Uploaded today: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...tree/WaveWorks

Working on merged version now. But bare in mind Mikand79 mentioned a resource contention issue between WaveWorks and Flex, so I may not be able to merge. Waiting for compile to finish so I can test.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Great job man Are you also going to merge with HBAO+?

Comment

Working...
                                X