NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    I'm afraid that's not possible at the present time. I will inquire as to updating the CUDA version.
    if you do so, please also ask then to compile with -fpic as i got an error of relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    i think we need this also in order to compile under linux

Comment

If people are interested, I have VXGI running in my own version of 4.7. I can easily transfer this over to 4.7.2 (or 4.7.3) and probably could get the others up and going and share through my github. (If someone hasn't already)

Click image for larger version

Name:	h7XoOfa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1070621
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
        If people are interested, I have VXGI running in my own version of 4.7. I can easily transfer this over to 4.7.2 (or 4.7.3) and probably could get the others up and going and share through my github. (If someone hasn't already)
        Nice! It would be great if you could share it, mate!
        Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
        Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
          +1, very Nice

Comment

+1

How long did it take you?

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
              Will do, I will move it over to my 4.7.3 build probably tomorrow.

Originally posted by Atle View Post
              +1, very Nice
              Cheers.

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
              +1

How long did it take you?
              Couple of hours, it was pretty smooth really, just some small rendering changes to cater for. Not sure how complex the others will be, but hopefully I can get them all going by the weekend sometime.

Comment

+1 GalaxyMan2015 !

Comment

+2 GalaxyMan2015 !

Comment

Wow, the Flex water balloon is amazing. Can't wait for the end of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30642[/ATTACH]
                      Can you share this sampel please? It has colour bleeding: red mixed with blue to get purple !

Comment

That's just emissive materials

Comment

As darthviper said, its just two emissive objects, they are the only lights in the scene. But I can include it none the less

Comment

Okay as promised, here is VXGI integrated into UE4 4.7.3: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI

So, the process for installing, I think should work, is the following:

1. Download the source from the VXGI branch
                            2. Make a copy of "Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA" folder and paste somewhere
                            3. Run setup.bat to download all the UE4 dependencies
                            4. Overwrite the NVIDIA directory from above with the one you backed up (the dependency install overwrites changes required).
                            5. Generate project files and compile

Inside "Engine\Samples" I have provided the sample from above, its not complex or anything, but has all the basic barebones required for VXGI to work. If it asks to upgrade the project, just ignore and open (doesn't need to be upgraded)

Name:	CJJOGW1.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1070684

EDIT:

Also I should mention, if you do get a crash trying to use my version. Then open the BaseEngine.ini and change "bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true" to "bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false". Apologies I forgot to change this back when I was experimenting.
                            Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 03-19-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Is anyone getting this error? UE4 source and normal 4.7 from launcher working just fine. But VXGI giving me this error. Cant get any log or something like that.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1070685
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                                Is anyone getting this error? UE4 source and normal 4.7 from launcher working just fine. But VXGI giving me this error. Cant get any log or something like that.
                                You should be able to see where the actual error is coming from, in the log files that are generated. As that error is typical when trying to launch the CrashReportClient.exe - Well its typical for me on my Windows 8 machine. So check Saved\Logs and see if there are any log files for you to examine, and paste any stack trace u can find.

Comment

Working...
                                X