NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
    Yes it was me talking to Mike who confirmed that.
    Ahh, I'm sorry. That means you already know more than me, I thought someone else mentioned that ^^
    I do hope that VXGI gets multiple bounces soon, but I guess we will have to wait. For now I just want to have 4.7

Greetings,
    Dakraid

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
      Ahh, I'm sorry. That means you already know more than me, I thought someone else mentioned that ^^
      I do hope that VXGI gets multiple bounces soon, but I guess we will have to wait. For now I just want to have 4.7

Greetings,
      Dakraid
      I think they better switch to 4.7 after hairworks :P 4.7 all in one =D
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

i wasnt able to run it under linux yet, which library gets its hardcoded dependency from cuda-5.5? cant you distribute its sources so we can build and debug ourselves?

Comment

Ive seen the WaveWorks in action an it looks truly amazing Now I hope its not long until they get FlameWorks.
          System
          ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
          Artwork thread

Comment

Hi Mike I saw Tom's Titan X demos today at GTC. They showed off the Unreal Engine 4 Kite demo and 2 Flex demos(balloon and red dress). Do you know if you can share these demos out to us or are they strictly private? Here is a link to the demos I am talking about http://www.twitch.tv/pcper/b/638116071?t=11m50s

Comment

The Kite demo will be released with UE4 4.8

Comment

i dig that red dress. noice

Comment

mike will flex.cu always be closed source? or are there plans from nvidia to at least open it with an agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by greboide View Post
                    i wasnt able to run it under linux yet, which library gets its hardcoded dependency from cuda-5.5? cant you distribute its sources so we can build and debug ourselves?
                    I'm afraid that's not possible at the present time. I will inquire as to updating the CUDA version.

Comment

Originally posted by greboide View Post
                      mike will flex.cu always be closed source? or are there plans from nvidia to at least open it with an agreement?
                      That's hard to say. We are working on the DX Compute port, which will be the preferred implementation when it becomes available. Our execs have made public statements in the past that all GW modules will be available as source under an agreement, but because FleX is still under development we haven't settled on the terms of a source license for it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Decoy11 View Post
                        Hi Mike I saw Tom's Titan X demos today at GTC. They showed off the Unreal Engine 4 Kite demo and 2 Flex demos(balloon and red dress). Do you know if you can share these demos out to us or are they strictly private? Here is a link to the demos I am talking about http://www.twitch.tv/pcper/b/638116071?t=11m50s
                        There is nothing holding us back from releasing those demos in principle, but please understand that they were only recently completed for GTC, and we don't have any distributable builds available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                          Ive seen the WaveWorks in action an it looks truly amazing Now I hope its not long until they get FlameWorks.
                          The FlameWorks simulation tech has been integrated into the Turbulence module, however the volume rendering solution is still TBD for UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                            That's hard to say. We are working on the DX Compute port, which will be the preferred implementation when it becomes available. Our execs have made public statements in the past that all GW modules will be available as source under an agreement, but because FleX is still under development we haven't settled on the terms of a source license for it yet.
                            nice, that's excellent news! this stuff is so exciting that waiting is the hardest part imho .

about distributing updated libraries that would be awesome, flex needs a bit more love on linux side .

Comment

These new Flex demos look absolutely amazing. Really hope this keeps getting worked on (especially DirectCompute version).
                              check my blog - cybereality.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike. Can you also answer if the balloon and red dress demo actually required 3 Titan X to run at good frame rates or were you guys just showing off?

Comment

Working...
                                X