NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    So with r.VXGI.range being removed and replaced with r.VXGI.MapSizeX (any Y,Z)... Performance kinda stinks. What I mean is, to get lighting in a respectable range, you have to crank that up. As soon as you have a map size of 128 or higher, *poof*, there go your frame rates. I've juggled between various settings combos with r.VXGI.MapSize and r.VXGI.VoxelSize. With a respectable frame rate of ~60 in a basic scene with a single directional light blasting through windows (demo scene from volumetric lighting), I'm using a map size of 64 and a voxel size of 64. Lighting only seems effective at around 40 meters. It goes dark beyond that.

Are there any magic numbers to tweak that won't effect performance too much? I know I'm dreaming, but hoping I'm just missing/forgetting something! That quality is acceptable with those current settings for an interactive game scenario, but I'd like to lower the voxel size a bit. Of course, when you do that, the distance of lighting drops drastically. I'm afraid of raising diffuse tracing intensity, because it might blow out other things in the PBR pipeline. I'd rather not have to change the typical way of authoring assets.

[edit]

Derp on my part- even if one cranks up the diffuse indirect lighting intensity, it has no effect on lighting distance.

Also, I came across this thread over at Nvidia:
    https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...ambient-color/

Is it possible to wrangle this up in a material?
    Last edited by Derjyn; 05-25-2018, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey can someone here please help me with Nvidia volumetric lighting? I have the engine built fine, no problems there, Just can't get good settings with accurate beams! Does anyone know any settings for an effect similar to fallout 4? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0lento - Sure, thanks for info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed that Nvidia pushed 4.18 and 4.19 versions of Volumetric Lighting into github:
    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...cLighting-4.18
    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...cLighting-4.19

I've merged Nvidia's 4.19 VL into:
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.19-GameWorks
    Now this repo contains Blast + Flow + HairWorks 1.4 + HBAO+ 4 + TXAA 3 + Volumetric Lighting + VXGI 2. I've removed the previous additional 4.19 merge with VL (from 4.17) as it's pointless to keep two identical branches up-to-date.

Originally posted by Gomo View Post
    I believe it is not your recent revision - I see I downloaded it on 30th of April.
    There were some fixes for TXAA after that date so you might want to try newer version. Also note the mention above, if you need to update, use the 4.19-GameWorks branch instead as it contains now the same tech as old -VL branch.
    Last edited by 0lento; 05-23-2018, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post

What do you mean by 'in rendered video' ?

The branch i'm sharing on github are focused on stability and their ability to package games.
    Again, i won't include TXAA which didn't improve significantly over Unreal AA in my tests, and i most likely won't include NV Volumetric light as it hasn't been officially updated since 4.17 and it took me extra work to have it work and package properly in 4.18 alongside other Gameworks solutions.
    Unreal Engine volumetric solution is already amazing for my needs on my current project (there weren't any volumetric light in Unreal Engine back when Nvidia integrated its volumetric light solution)

""Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
    Maxime.Dupart is your hairworks okay? i mean. Hairs are not showing in rendered video. But in viewport i can see them allright."" Question was this.

I'm really sorry. Building whole city is hell of a work! i got lost in my work.
    I rendered video using sequencer. In majaladon or other demos or rendering just fine. But in my level they're not showing up. For a second. I thought it was bounds scale problem. But i guess not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    Gomo was that some example map? If so, which one? I tried TXAA with some but not all. Also was this on recent version of my repo? There was issue with TXAA before that it crashed on forward shading enabled, this has been fixed a while ago on official TXAA branch and I've mirrored the changed to my branch so that shouldn't happen anymore.
    0lento - It was on my test map.
    I believe it is not your recent revision - I see I downloaded it on 30th of April.
    I have forward shading disabled, but this project was initially set for mobile but then I've changed a lot of settings to be sure VXGI will show up (for some reason I had problem with that) so maybe it was some random rendering setting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gomo was that some example map? If so, which one? I tried TXAA with some but not all. Also was this on recent version of my repo? There was issue with TXAA before that it crashed on forward shading enabled, this has been fixed a while ago on official TXAA branch and I've mirrored the changed to my branch so that shouldn't happen anymore.
    Yes, I seem to have encountered several [Line:133] errors when I use the engine, but I don't record the details, and then the engine will collapse and disappear. At first I didn't notice, but later I found that Epic's 4.192 does not exist. It seems that it appears in Gameworks?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gomo View Post
    I've got this crash when opening map:
    Assertion failed: IsViewportValid() [File:N:\UnrealEngine-4.19-GameWorks-VL\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess/RenderingCompositionGraph.h] [Line: 133]

When I try to load map as a sub level I've got this:
    Assertion failed: Status == NV_TXAA_STATUS_OK [File:N:\UnrealEngine-4.19-GameWorks-VL\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands.cpp] [Line: 2295]

I recently changed AA to TXAA so that is probably the cause.
    - I've just disabled TXAA - that was the cause

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by videoprice View Post
    Hello dear 0lento, The flex 1.2 is out now!
    https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/FleX
    Oh, I'm aware of that, I've been testing their SDK months ago. But like SteveElbows mentioned, it's the Flex SDK, not the UE4 integration. Also since this only exists in Nvidias GameWorks repo and not in their UE4 fork, I'm not allowed to distribute the Flex 1.2 SDK source code myself due to the licensing limitations. As soon as the UE4 integration comes live, it's bound to UE4's license and there's no such limit anymore.

We are waiting for UE 4.19 Blast 1.1.2 + Flow 1.0.1 + HairWorks 1.4 + HBAO+ 4 + TXAA 3 + Volumetric Lighting + VXGI 2 + Flex 1.2 + WaveWorks
    Regardless what happens with Flex, I will not merge WaveWorks myself for two reasons: doesn't work on AMD and Intel GPUs + it had shader conflict with Flex in past.
    Last edited by 0lento; 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

That is just FleX itself, not the UE4 integration of FleX.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Few has asked this already, I'm still waiting for official Flex 1.2's UE4 integration to appear before I merge it. It's coming so it would be pointless for me to manually fix the old 4.17 integration to work on 4.19 as it would still use the older Flex. Flex 1.2 is especially interesting as it features plastic deformation now so it's definitely worth the wait.

We are waiting for UE 4.19 Blast 1.1.2 + Flow 1.0.1 + HairWorks 1.4 + HBAO+ 4 + TXAA 3 + Volumetric Lighting + VXGI 2 + Flex 1.2 + WaveWorks

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by videoprice; 05-21-2018, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xingcheng View Post

Excuse me,How can I get your limit?I can't look your GitHub.
    Hey man! I don't understand your messages, please try to explain more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got this crash when opening map:
    Assertion failed: IsViewportValid() [File:N:\UnrealEngine-4.19-GameWorks-VL\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess/RenderingCompositionGraph.h] [Line: 133]

When I try to load map as a sub level I've got this:
    Assertion failed: Status == NV_TXAA_STATUS_OK [File:N:\UnrealEngine-4.19-GameWorks-VL\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands.cpp] [Line: 2295]

I recently changed AA to TXAA so that is probably the cause.
    - I've just disabled TXAA - that was the cause
    Last edited by Gomo; 05-20-2018, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, is there a way to make lightning affect the water surface in WaveWorks? Lightning set up doen’t make any changes to how the ocean looks like.

Thank you!
    Last edited by script526; 05-20-2018, 06:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xingcheng View Post
    Excuse me,How can I get your limit?I can't look your GitHub.
    To get access to any UE4 fork, you need first to link your github account to your unreal engine account:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github

Leave a comment:

Working...
X