NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey guys. I tried downloading this: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.19-GameWorks
    I build it and the engine started, but there is nothing of these features when i start.
    FYI this is my first time building with Visual Studio.
    Maybe i am missing something?
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this.

Thanks for reply guys!
    Last edited by BP_Herbert; 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I'm having some issues with my engine and I have tried rebuilding my engine and the light mass also multiple times I have tried 2017 visual studio and 2015 and I keep getting this error when trying to build the lighting swarm failed to kick off I need some help please and thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
    hi guys some test VXGI 2.0 VXAL
    https://youtu.be/GjpFL0g-GhU

voxel size=1
    mapsize XYZ=128

some trouble with contact shadows. need advice :/

VXGI 1.0 test
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts76Y_828Hk

Nocturness I put in a fix for contact shadows for VXGI1

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/438

Not sure if it still applies but it might.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://github.com/niexuchina/Unreal...9-HairWorks1.4
    HairWorks for UE4.19.2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post

I replied to this question before:

I wish Nvidia would give some estimate for this. If new Flex is not coming for 4.19, I might as well throw the old version in myself.
    I'm sorry, I missed this message! And thanks for the answer!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hairworks doesn't show up properly in planar reflections atm. It would be nice of someone could look into that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweeeet! Great news, thanks for that update Alexey!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by catalejo View Post

Yes nvidia!!!!! is Flex 1.2 coming to 4.19? please let us know!!!
    I've asked internally, and the answer is: "Yes, we have the integration done. Just doing some testing before we push."

Leave a comment:

• replied

I wish Nvidia would give some estimate for this. If new Flex is not coming for 4.19, I might as well throw the old version in myself.
    Yes nvidia!!!!! is Flex 1.2 coming to 4.19? please let us know!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MiroYar View Post
    0lento
    Helo, why do you no longer support Flex in your assemblies? I used your build in version 4.18.3, everything worked stably. I do not know for what reason, but other people's builds of versions 4.19 heavily load the system.

I'm still waiting official Flex integration to drop myself. It's not difficult to merge the old version, it's just bit pointless if Nvidia is releasing improved Flex 1.2 soon for UE4 (which I hope they do as Flex 1.2 SDK itself has been out for two month or so). No official word if they are doing this however.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0lento
    Helo, why do you no longer support Flex in your assemblies? I used your build in version 4.18.3, everything worked stably. I do not know for what reason, but other people's builds of versions 4.19 heavily load the system.
    Last edited by MiroYar; 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

If it's a regular UE4 plugin which you can install through Epic launcher, you will see the plugin in UE4 binary installation folder under plugins/marketplace. Like mentioned for the substance-plugin, you can just add these into your own project by copying the files from that Marketplace folder into your projects Plugins-folder, make sure you have at least some c++ class (if you don't, add some c++ dummy file), then regenerate the solution file so you'll get the new plugins included in the build, then just open the solution file and build the project, it will build projects plugins at the same time.

That is, as long as the plugin comes with integration source code (haven't seen a plugin that doesn't have that but then again, I've never used Datasmith).
    Hi, I've tried to build a plug-in in your way, and many other plug-ins can be built in this way, such as substance-plugin, and they can all be rebuilt. But Datasmith is made by EPIC, and in the 4.18 of the engine I can find its folders under the plug-in path, but when I try to rebuild them, I'm prompted to build an error, maybe try to handle it manually in the source code, and then I try to build them in the 4.19 edition of the branch, but the 4.19 version of Datasm The ith plug-in does not appear in the plug-in directory of the engine, but I make sure that it has been installed. It seems to be intentionally hidden or encrypted by Epic authorities. So it can't be rebuilt in the engine branch? The Datasmith tool is really important, but I can't seem to find the way to use it in the branch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here are a couple quote from this thread in which we explained how to grab and merge those various technology together.

It's some elementary version control knowledge that is extremely valuable to know.

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post

Other versions of UE4 you already have installed wont affect this, it is it's own copy of the editor.

Make sure you have git command line tools installed. Then the following sort of command should get you a version that compiles. Dont download a zip, do this instead. When I tried a few days ago it worked, I got some warnings during build but not errors:

navigate to a new folder you want to install this version in.
    git clone https://github.com/lukaszPJATK/UnrealEngine.git
    cd UnrealEngine
    setup
    generateprojectfiles
    git checkout Everything
    generateprojectfiles
    open sln
    build
    you can then run executable UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Windows/UE4Editor
    Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post

Again, for people who wants to do it themself , it's straight forward, grab Git bash, go into a directory:
    git init
    git remote add originEpic https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine.git
    git remote add originNvidia https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git
    git pull originEpic 4.16
    git pull originNvidia FleX-4.16.0
    git pull originNvidia VolumetricLighting-4.16
    git pull originNvidia HairWorks

check for potential conflict merge, done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

HI, I want to use Datasmith in your integrated Gameworks 4.19, but in 4.19, the Datasmith plug-in doesn't seem to exist in the engine's plug-in directory, so I can't rebuild it. Is there any way to integrate the Datasmith plug-in in this branch?
    If it's a regular UE4 plugin which you can install through Epic launcher, you will see the plugin in UE4 binary installation folder under plugins/marketplace. Like mentioned for the substance-plugin, you can just add these into your own project by copying the files from that Marketplace folder into your projects Plugins-folder, make sure you have at least some c++ class (if you don't, add some c++ dummy file), then regenerate the solution file so you'll get the new plugins included in the build, then just open the solution file and build the project, it will build projects plugins at the same time.

That is, as long as the plugin comes with integration source code (haven't seen a plugin that doesn't have that but then again, I've never used Datasmith).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Maxime.Dupart

Hi, any reason why you haven't merged Cataclysm?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X