X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by jubus View Post
    Hello!
    I have several questions about the VRWorks branch I hope someone can help me with.
    1. Is PhysX GPU accelerated in this branch? If yes, will I be able to perform raycasts into the physical scene faster than on CPU?
    2. Can I dedicate an entire GPU to PhysX using VRSLI?
    3. Are there any limitations to VRSLI in terms of which scene renderings I can distribute among the GPUs? I.e. is it limited only to distributing view for each eye in a stereo setup or could I also render on seperate GPUs from entirely different viewpoints?

Thanks for your time, friends!
    I doubt they've enabled it but if you do custom engine, you can do this yourself if you are willing to modify engine internals a bit. Just be aware that gpu mode on physx only works on Nvidia GPUs and nothing else (there's a fallback to CPU physics though). More info here https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/co...gidBodies.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nevermind ignore my question I am big dumb

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One last simple question, inside the flex demos, some of them allow you to interact with the level using keys (press g to disable gravity etc.). Where are these commands located?

I cannot for the life of me find where these commands were initialized. I've looked in the blueprints, in the source for the scene, nothing. Unless I'm missing something stupid here, can someone help me out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!
    I have several questions about the VRWorks branch I hope someone can help me with.
    1. Is PhysX GPU accelerated in this branch? If yes, will I be able to perform raycasts into the physical scene faster than on CPU?
    2. Can I dedicate an entire GPU to PhysX using VRSLI?
    3. Are there any limitations to VRSLI in terms of which scene renderings I can distribute among the GPUs? I.e. is it limited only to distributing view for each eye in a stereo setup or could I also render on seperate GPUs from entirely different viewpoints?

Thanks for your time, friends!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree, the screenshot is from Flex SDK, it only runs standalone when you get the SDK itself. But we got UE4 sample project with multiple levels with Flex integration on UE4, it's just a different sample.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wargamearmathethird View Post
    I'm probably not being clear right now, sorry for my lack of description abilities. This is a screenshot of the demo I was wondering if ue4 could build. Thank you so much for all the help so far!
    Looks like the standalone FleX demo to me, nothing to do with UE4. So no, this scene does not exist in UE4, though plenty of other demo scenes do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm probably not being clear right now, sorry for my lack of description abilities. This is a screenshot of the demo I was wondering if ue4 could build. Thank you so much for all the help so far!

Spoiler

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @0lento Really sorry to bother you again, but inside the NV projects folder I can only find a flex project file, not the original demo that flex shipped with. Is that demo located somewhere else in the folder?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wargamearmathethird check the NvSamples folder, on 4.18 I moved every sample there for easier access, original flex samples should be there as well (my 4.19 branches still have those examples scattered around)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, another smaller thing that I could use help with, is there any way to build the flex demo into this build of ue?

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but a quick yes or no could prevent me going down a rabbit hold and trying to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0lento Thank you so much, your build succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by porckchop View Post
    Hey you mentioned Blast could be used as a plugin right? I mean i can just compile that in the launcher build as if i were to rebuild the plugin right. because that plugin im really interested in as its way better than Apex standard plug. As for hair and the others not a Priority in my opinion. Oh And yes i have a little know how with c++. Not my first time. Anyway thank you very much Mate. Now i am really interested in the Blast plugin.
    Blast still requires minor engine changes even on 4.19 version. It's not far off from being plugin only but it's not there yet.

I'd also expect Epic to include Blast soon(ish) as Apex Destruction is deprecated already. So they need to move to Blast eventually (unless they roll up their own custom destruction thing, which isn't likely at all). Nvidias Blast integration is pretty good already but it's not happening for 4.20 at least (also, there's no official word upcoming Blast integration at all, so it might never happen, this is purely my own speculation!).
    Last edited by 0lento; 06-06-2018, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wargamearmathethird I meant mainly having c++ build tools installed for your VS, for example can you build the default unmodified ue4 from source? Also make sure you follow all the steps, like run setup before generating the project files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys,
    Do you guys know how to get Waveworks Direct Computing?
    I tried to contact Nvidia at this email: visualfx-licensing@nvidia.com
    But they never respond.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @0lento What do you mean by having my dev environment set up correctly?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X