Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    Coming in January, stay tuned.
    WOOOOOWW!!! THANKS EPIC & NVIDIA!!

    Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
    Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

    Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

    [PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
    [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
    [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
    [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
    My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

    Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
    Your Friendly Neighborhood
    Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

    Comment


      #47
      This is amazing news, Any plans to add the fluid effects that were in borderlands?
      In this video you can see the awesomeness of the blood and liquids
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpapzBQCo4

      Last edited by CyberDev; 12-28-2014, 06:48 AM.

      Comment


        #48
        The VXGI work with the 700 series ? 780GTX ?
        If work, how many fps get with UE4 in a normal 780GTX (no TI) ?
        Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
        Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
          This is amazing news, Any plans to add the fluid effects that were in borderlands?
          In this video you can see the awesomeness of the blood and liquids
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpapzBQCo4

          Haha. These fluids looks even better than VXGI (lol I say that).
          I can only imagine magic spells which could be done by it and mixing it with dynamic vector fields .
          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by iniside View Post
            Haha. These fluids looks even better than VXGI (lol I say that).
            I can only imagine magic spells which could be done by it and mixing it with dynamic vector fields .
            Agreed, magic effects would also be awesome with flex particles (about 1 minute in)
            Who cares about AMD cards after seeing these videos, nvidias tech is the future!

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vipmar3wS4
            Last edited by CyberDev; 12-28-2014, 07:51 AM.

            Comment


              #51
              I agree guys, simple plane based particles are around for far too long.

              @Mike: Could you give us a list of exactly which parts of GameWorks will be integrated? Would be nice to have an overview of what to expect.
              Last edited by The_Distiller; 12-28-2014, 10:00 AM.
              ArtStation - Portfolio

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                The VXGI work with the 700 series ? 780GTX ?
                If work, how many fps get with UE4 in a normal 780GTX (no TI) ?
                VXGI only works on 900 series GPU's. See here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/tech...supported-gpus
                Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
                Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

                Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

                [PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
                [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
                My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

                Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                Your Friendly Neighborhood
                Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

                Comment


                  #53
                  Also, I have a question about portability to other gpu's. Will those features be implemented in a way allowing to choose if you want to use the gpu or the cpu? Even if the cpu would have terrible performance. It would let us make games, which work epicly on NVIDIA's , and fairly well on AMD's.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                    I agree guys, simple plane based particles are around for far too long.

                    @Mike: Could you give us a list of exactly which parts of GameWorks will be integrated? Would be nice to have an overview of what to expect.
                    Here is what Mike listed so far on the previous page:

                    Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                    We're also working on integrations of the VXGI global illumination system, hair and fur, FleX multi-physics, and grass/vegetation package, among other things.
                    I can't wait for all this to be integrated, interested to hear what the "other things" will be as well!


                    Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                    The VXGI work with the 700 series ? 780GTX ?
                    If work, how many fps get with UE4 in a normal 780GTX (no TI) ?
                    Officially it is only the 9xx series (as ryanjon2040 pointed out) however I had heard that it could *potentially work all the way back to the 6xx series. The Apollo moon landing demo runs great on my 980, but I heard some say the performance wasn't as good on a 970, so take that into consideration when I say it could work on a 6xx series. In reality I don't think it would run at all on a 6xx card unless it's an empty scene at 10fps.

                    I'd be interested to hear Mike's take on this as well though since there is some conflicting reports on this, but for now think of VXGI as a 9xx series exclusive feature.
                    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Then if this is only for series 9xx will be useless feature to release public games until 2017-2019 (only for internal use or tests or demos or architecture) because you can't release a game with a minimum specs of a Nvidia 980GTX to get 50FPS.
                      Last edited by Hevedy; 12-28-2014, 02:32 PM.
                      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                        Then if this is only for series 9xx will be useless feature to release public games until 2017-2019 (only for internal use or tests or demos or architecture) because you can't release a game with a minimum specs of a Nvidia 980GTX to get 50FPS.
                        You did see gameworks running in borderlands in the videos and that game doesnt require a 9xx series

                        Dont forget about the days of crysis&crysis 2, games that would require top hardware and gave you a reason to have a great gpu, the 900 series is overkill for most games its time to bring back the days of hardcore PC gaming

                        By the time many of us finish a project in 2 years 900 series power could be the minimum requirements for these features
                        Last edited by CyberDev; 12-28-2014, 06:05 PM.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
                          Agreed, magic effects would also be awesome with flex particles (about 1 minute in)
                          Who cares about AMD cards after seeing these videos, nvidias tech is the future!

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vipmar3wS4
                          The smoke particles are amazing.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                            Then if this is only for series 9xx will be useless feature to release public games until 2017-2019 (only for internal use or tests or demos or architecture) because you can't release a game with a minimum specs of a Nvidia 980GTX to get 50FPS.
                            I don't think VXGI is intended to be a minimum-spec feature. You can run VXGI as an optional lighting model for latest-generation cards. It is a feature designed for the 'Maxwell' architecture, hence the 9xx.

                            --Mike
                            Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 12-28-2014, 09:24 PM.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
                              By the time many of us finish a project in 2 years 900 series power could be the minimum requirements for these features
                              Right! Minimum spec for the feature, and recommended spec for the game.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I for one am extremely excited for this. The more "tech" UE4 has, the more awesome things we can create. YAY !! Thanks Epic and Nvidia.

                                P.S. Really glad I bought my GTX970 2 weeks ago

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X