No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mike. Any news on hairworks and 4.7 ?
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

GDC 2015 slides for The Tomorrow Children tech have been released:

http://fumufumu.q-games.com/archives...ldrenFinal.pdf

Hopefully this will give you guys some ideas for VXGI.

I am amazed that they are able to achieve both anisotropic voxels and 16 cones per bounce on the ps4.

Comment

i testing same material with reflection and refraction and realized a few things. The only thing is reflective is direct light and difuse color generated by direct light, the other things like a gi, refraction, emisse nothing is reflected. The refraction is very cool, refracted every thing like reflection, emisse, gi and other, but when you changed the material mode to translucent all channels is disable except refraction and opacity. the other channels like a base color, metalic, roughness and others dont work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
          Nice video, thanks for sharing. Could you please be more specific about "...some minor issues with the VXGI specularity."?

Thanks,
          Mike
          Thank you, well: the issues I'm having is that most of the specular settings never seem to quite affect the game world. Whenever I tweak something I don't see any changes. Sometimes I think VXGI isn't even getting information about specularity

Click the tiny bird!
          It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

emissive not emisse

Comment

fdslk i saw your video and i didnt see any vxgi efect i thing you not enable

Comment

Finally got it working. Thanks again, Mike.

(Quadro K6000)
                Click image for larger version

Name:	vQh1AIz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1068283

Comment

i confused about refraction, the refraction dont show emissive

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                    fdslk i saw your video and i didnt see any vxgi efect i thing you not enable
                    You can check very closely at 3:10 from onwards the bounces. Specially in the staircases roof near the end.

Click the tiny bird!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                      Hello Mike. Any news on hairworks and 4.7 ?
                      Sorry for the delays. I am working on a VXGI update right now, I should be pushing that to Github later today. HairWorks might make it by the end of the month, they are still dealing with rendering issues related to aliasing and transparency. Regarding 4.7, I've started on it, but I am still studying the changes.

Comment

Sorry for the delays. I am working on a VXGI update right now, I should be pushing that to Github later today. HairWorks might make it by the end of the month, they are still dealing with rendering issues related to aliasing and transparency. Regarding 4.7, I've started on it, but I am still studying the changes.
                        Ty Mike for that notice! One question tho'

For updating the VXGI branch, I have to download the whole branch again and then recompile it? Or running the setup.bat to get the files and recompile would be enough?

Click the tiny bird!

Comment

Does this mean you guys have resolved most of those issues - i.e. point light shadows, particles, multibounce, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                            Does this mean you guys have resolved most of those issues - i.e. point light shadows, particles, multibounce, etc?
                            This patch will should fix the shadow issues. Still working on the others. Multi-bounce will probably take a while, not sure about particles.

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                              Ty Mike for that notice! One question tho'

For updating the VXGI branch, I have to download the whole branch again and then recompile it? Or running the setup.bat to get the files and recompile would be enough?
                              Using git, or just a zip file? If you are working through zip files, you'll have to do the process over again, although really you could just grab the Engine folder from the new zip and drop it on the other one.

If you use git and have a VXGI branch already working, all you should have to do is "git pull origin VXGI"

Comment

@Mike.Skolones
                                Will flex support softbodies for characters ?(skeletal mesh) for like DOA like physcs(breast jiggles)
                                ihavenick.net | Free, simple tutorials and news.
                                atacetin.net | My portfolio page

Comment

Working...
                                X