Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Risojo View Post
    Yeah I'm logged in... it even says NvPhysX has no activity, repositories, anything. Weird.
    Odd. https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine works fine for me.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Risojo View Post
      Yeah I'm logged in... it even says NvPhysX has no activity, repositories, anything. Weird.
      Works fine for me as well.

      Go to www.unrealengine.com and sign in, then click on the "Profile" tab. Make sure your GitHub user name is typed into the "GitHub Account Name" box, and it is case sensitive so make sure it is exactly the same, and then hit save.

      After that you should be able to access the repo, entering your account into that field enters you into the "Epic Games" organization on GitHub. Hope that helps!
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

      Comment


        Ahh, yes, that's what was missing. Thanks for the help!

        Comment


          Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post

          P.S. I still cannot post new issues in github
          It's broken for me too. I filed a support request with Github.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Piers909 View Post
            Hey Mike,

            Hope you had a great GDC. Any word on Flex surface rendering?

            Thanks
            Still under development, I'm afraid. A few unrelated support issues have taken up some time. Sorry about that.
            --Mike

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
              It's broken for me too. I filed a support request with Github.
              Github Issues are fixed now! Many thanks to the prompt support at Github! Please feel free to file new issues, and we'll try to get to them ASAP.

              Comment


                Help! I builded the VXGI branch in Visual Studio with no problems, but when I try to run it, it says that "UE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpoint" and it will either exit if I try to continue or hold the execution... Any clues on what to do?

                Edit: Apparently it says "Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0". Is 8GB of RAM not enough to run this build?
                Last edited by Tryedz; 03-11-2015, 03:51 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Tryedz View Post
                  Help! I builded the VXGI branch in Visual Studio with no problems, but when I try to run it, it says that "UE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpoint" and it will either exit if I try to continue or hold the execution... Any clues on what to do?

                  Edit: Apparently it says "Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0". Is 8GB of RAM not enough to run this build?
                  Look for "ShaderCompilerWorker" in the Visual Studio solution explorer and build it.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by KlausT View Post
                    Look for "ShaderCompilerWorker" in the Visual Studio solution explorer and build it.
                    Yup, nailed it. Thanks!

                    Comment


                      So no matter what I do, I cannot build the VXGI branch at all... am I missing something obvious?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Crow87 View Post
                        So no matter what I do, I cannot build the VXGI branch at all... am I missing something obvious?

                        I think some files were overwritten by the Setup utility. Did you switch to the VXGI branch before or after running Setup.bat? The way I do this is
                        (1) git clone the default release branch
                        (2) run setup.bat;
                        (3) git branch VXGI origin/VXGI
                        (4) git checkout VXGI
                        (5) generate project files
                        (6) build

                        --Mike

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                          I think some files were overwritten by the Setup utility. Did you switch to the VXGI branch before or after running Setup.bat? The way I do this is
                          (1) git clone the default release branch
                          (2) run setup.bat;
                          (3) git branch VXGI origin/VXGI
                          (4) git checkout VXGI
                          (5) generate project files
                          (6) build

                          --Mike
                          Ah great, I'll give that a go. Thanks Mike.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by fdslk View Post


                            So, here's what I've been doing lately with VXGI. I must say I'm pretty impressed with how much I got with so little tweaking, yet, my input for VXGI is that it still needs to get better documentation and fix some minor issues with the VXGI specularity.
                            Nice video, thanks for sharing. Could you please be more specific about "...some minor issues with the VXGI specularity."?

                            Thanks,
                            Mike

                            Comment


                              quick question Mike.Skolones.

                              can flex handle water drops simulation. like water droplets on windshield. kinda like how driveclub does it?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                                quick question Mike.Skolones.

                                can flex handle water drops simulation. like water droplets on windshield. kinda like how driveclub does it?
                                We haven't provided the fluid surface rendering solution yet, but once we do, yes, that should work I think. You can adjust viscosity and adhesion, etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X