No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex does not work on the graphics card GTX 460?

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
      If you look through an earlier part of this thread, I provide a way to enable this.
      Doh. Im so sorry. Indeed I made a dumb error by overlooking the console variable and your change to the shader. The first one should have been so obvious. Buuutt. this thread is not a thread but a whole kilt.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post226862

Comment

Guys, I just want to know if there's a version on Github that has all Gameworks. (Flex, VXGI, Waveworks....)

Comment

They plan on merging everything later when things are stable.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by zHD131z View Post
            Flex does not work on the graphics card GTX 460?
            On my 460 it doesnt work either (in cmd it showed something about not finding shader 3.0 compatible hardware or something, i dont remember exactly). I changed for 660ti and it works ok and the precompiled demo is awesome!

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm an UE4 user but new to Flex here. I'd downloaded and built the Flex branch, then opened the Flex UE4 project, only to discover that no simulation seems to be taking place(no collisions between particles against surroundings, or player actor against objects).
              I have Geforce GTX 295 in my system, not sure if this is enough to support Flex?
              Any tip you can give would be greatly appreciated :-)

Comment

You need a DirectX11 card.

Comment

Right, darn...my GTX 295 only does DX10. Thanks for the clarification :-)
                  Luckily my upcoming new system will support DX11.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                    I've also noticed that. But in some cases I've found out that it's the light itself that is being turned off while I'm not looking at it and the camera is not inside the Spotlig volume.

edit: No, it's not the lights... I did some more tests and turned out the shadows stuff is actually resolution changes that UE4 applies on them when I get far from the spotlight. And the direct light turning off case here was just the voxels near them not being generated while I'm not looking at them. You are right.
                    Distance field shadows causing this?? Had the same issue, turned that off and it all seemed a lot better (in terms of view direction affecting GI)

Comment

Does the Unreal integration for Flex allow developers to get feedback from the simulation(eg. contacts, particle position/velocity etc) as well as modify it(eg. apply forces, create/delete Flex entities etc), as per the functionality exposed in the Flex API?
                      I'm trying to figure out how to build game-play around Flex with UE4 blueprints, but don't see how this can be accomplished...
                      Umm, is there actually any documentation regarding usage of Flex within UE4?

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin Eng View Post
                        Does the Unreal integration for Flex allow developers to get feedback from the simulation(eg. contacts, particle position/velocity etc) as well as modify it(eg. apply forces, create/delete Flex entities etc), as per the functionality exposed in the Flex API?
                        I'm trying to figure out how to build game-play around Flex with UE4 blueprints, but don't see how this can be accomplished...
                        Umm, is there actually any documentation regarding usage of Flex within UE4?
                        If you look in \Flexproject\Documentation there is a tutorial on authoring flex assets in UE4.

If you create something cool, please make a video tutorial.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                          If you look in \Flexproject\Documentation there is a tutorial on authoring flex assets in UE4.

If you create something cool, please make a video tutorial.

Cheers
                          Thanks for the tip...kind of missed it :-)

Comment

Is anyone else getting a 404 in the Github link?

Comment

Originally posted by Risojo View Post
                              Is anyone else getting a 404 in the Github link?
                              Is you GitHub account linked and logged in?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow87 View Post
                                Is you GitHub account linked and logged in?
                                Yeah I'm logged in... it even says NvPhysX has no activity, repositories, anything. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X