X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Made a mini update on with a 4.20 GameWorks merge:
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.20-GameWorks

It currently contains UE 4.20.1, Blast and Flow.

Worth noting that I did make a bit hacky fix for Flow's DX12 support, 4.20 added GPU indices on DX12 and I didn't really want to spend too much time figuring out what Flow's renderer code does there so I just made the thing use only first gpu index there, this may potentially break things so I don't suggest to try this fork with DX12 enabled.
    Last edited by 0lento; 03-11-2019, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Graczdari View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Is there anyone who has a ready integration of Unreal Engine 4 with GameWorks and TrueSky? Alternatively, can somebody help with integration? Thanx
    yes, i have aintergration of unreal engine 4 with gameworks and truesky 4.19.2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all, I've tried compiling in the past and had the same issue. Reinstalled Visual Studio 2017 and it's still happening.

Any idea?

1>------ Build started: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
    1>Creating makefile for ShaderCompileWorker (no existing makefile)
    1>Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
    1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'PacketHandler' (referenced via Target -> ShaderCompileWorker.Build.cs -> TargetPlatform.Build.cs)
    1>D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    1>Done building project "ShaderCompileWorker.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    2>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
    2>Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile)
    2>Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'PacketHandler' (referenced via Target -> Launch.Build.cs -> Engine.Build.cs)
    2>D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    2>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    Just look around this threads latest pages, there are multiple forks for 4.19 from people here Also how to merge things yourself has been covered quite few times, basically you need to learn how to use git and it's mergetools (and probably want to use some 3rd party merge tool for easier merging).
    Okay thank you. One more thing, the GameWorks documentation gives a tutorial on how to set up particle effects but the Flex drop down menu in Cascade is missing. What do I do ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just pushed Nvidia Blast (1.1.3) into my 4.20 physics branch: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...e/4.20-Physics

This branch contains option for fixed timestepped physics (with interpolation) and Blast. I won't add more tech to this branch, just felt Blast suited that branch as it's physics related.
    Last edited by 0lento; 03-11-2019, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Klikard View Post
    0lento Your 4.19 branch works like a charm currently no errors except wmf media but not really a problem. But i was wondering which tech is included in: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...e/4.20-Physics Thank you for your time man
    Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
    I believe that branch is similar to his 4.19-Physics branch, which "adds support for PhysX contact modifications and fixed timestepping for PhysX". The 4.19-Physics-GW branch adds that and the GameWorks magick. We can only assume he'll do the same with 4.20!
    As Derjvyn replied, 4.20-Physics is indeed only some physics modifications I've made for UE4, it's not related to GameWorks, I might add Blast to the Physics branch tho as it's physics related.

Also, the wmf media error should be fixed on the latest version of the 4.19-GameWorks repo (it also wasn't really an issue related to my GameWorks merge only, same happens on official 4.19.2 afaik, I pulled the fix from 4.20 for this particular issue).
    Last edited by 0lento; 07-26-2018, 04:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AwYeaGirl View Post
    Does anyone know how to integrate GameWorks into a single engine so I'm not switching between multiple builds?
    Just look around this threads latest pages, there are multiple forks for 4.19 from people here Also how to merge things yourself has been covered quite few times, basically you need to learn how to use git and it's mergetools (and probably want to use some 3rd party merge tool for easier merging).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know how to integrate GameWorks into a single engine so I'm not switching between multiple builds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

Hello, may I ask when the 4.20 integrated version of GameWorks will be launched? 4.20 it seems that there are a lot of great new features that people want to try very much, but I've been waiting for the 4.20 of the Gameworks integration version, and I'm looking forward to the 4.20 integration you can make early! O O
    Nvidia hasn't released yet a single 4.20 gameworks branch, so if someone actually updated these things for 4.20, that someone would have to manually upgrade each gameworks tech to be compatible with 4.20, one by one. I've done this for few techs in past but doing it for every tech separately would probably take forever, it's not something at least I plan to do. Nvidia will update their branches eventually and that will make it more feasible to make these merged branches as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    To access any UE4 fork, you need to link your github account with your epic/ue4 account (just like you had to link your github account with nvidia to get access to NVIDAGameWorks).

Instructions here: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
    Hello, may I ask when the 4.20 integrated version of GameWorks will be launched? 4.20 it seems that there are a lot of great new features that people want to try very much, but I've been waiting for the 4.20 of the Gameworks integration version, and I'm looking forward to the 4.20 integration you can make early! O O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Everyone!

Is there anyone who has a ready integration of Unreal Engine 4 with GameWorks and TrueSky? Alternatively, can somebody help with integration? Thanx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Klikard View Post
    0lento Your 4.19 branch works like a charm currently no errors except wmf media but not really a problem. But i was wondering which tech is included in: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...e/4.20-Physics Thank you for your time man
    I believe that branch is similar to his 4.19-Physics branch, which "adds support for PhysX contact modifications and fixed timestepping for PhysX". The 4.19-Physics-GW branch adds that and the GameWorks magick. We can only assume he'll do the same with 4.20!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ 3dlight -- can you confirm that your VXGI is showing up in your video captures? I'm trying to troubleshoot, and so far I don't know if this is a common problem or specific to my install...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Backstory:
    We're a small indie team of game devs working on our first independent game. The tech we're using is UE4.19 with VXGI2.0 (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.19)

Issue:
    In order to make it easier for our designers and artists (which aren't technical) to work with the engine, I'm building a binary version of the editor so they can sync it from P4 and not have to compile the engine (most have never even heard of Visual Studio).
    I built a binary version of the engine, which built successfully with no errors or warnings.
    However, when I open the editor it immediately crashes, spitting out the following error, that from what I can tell, is happening because of VXGI:
    (if anyone has any info it would be extremely helpful, this one is a big production blocker right now)

LoginId:f7f8170d492b29bc6c4aa180f5afe7f6
    EpicAccountId:9d933abc05984983ac8ca826e16025d9

Assertion failed: VXGIDLLHandle [File:G:\EDN_P4V\UE4_Github\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsPlatformMisc.cpp] [Line: 2644]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:419]
    UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::LoadVxgiModule() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:2645]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::LoadPreInitModules() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsplatformapplicationmisc.cpp:38]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::LoadPreInitModules() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2419]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1499]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:127]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Leave a comment:

Working...
X