No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Make, is GameWorks only work with Nvida card? I just compiled Flex branch and open up Flex sample project, it seems not been simulated properly.
    | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

is there any eta's on 4.7 game works?
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        Hi Make, is GameWorks only work with Nvida card? I just compiled Flex branch and open up Flex sample project, it seems not been simulated properly.
        FleX and WaveWorks currently require an NV card. VXGI and HBAO+ will run on any DX11 card.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
          is there any eta's on 4.7 game works?
          I'm at GDC, I will start on it next week.
          --Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
            I'm at GDC, I will start on it next week.
            --Mike
            awesome. If its possible start with VXGI =D thank you

Comment

What, gameworks will be integrated into UE4? :OOO

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                Read this thread from the start. =D its already here

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                  reok, to save u searching through the posts. Head here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine there are individual branches for VXGI, WaveWorks, HBAO+, Flex, Vehicles. They are currently using 4.6 or 4.6.1.

HairWorks and others are coming soon.
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

What do you mean? Into the main line?
                    Yup, When it's expected be officially inside the engine.

btw, thanks for staying around and providing us with information, appreciated!

Comment

I sucessfully built the VXGI branch. When testing the cornell box sample scene I don't get any reflections. Is it possible to change some settings to see it or how does it work?

I also tried the r.VXGI. commands in the console but I suspect it's already enabled in that scene.

Edit: Never mind, I just read that it needs to calculate a second bounce for reflections from lit objects to show up.
                      Last edited by tim.holm; 03-06-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tim.holm View Post
                        I sucessfully built the VXGI branch. When testing the cornell box sample scene I don't get any reflections. Is it possible to change some settings to see it or how does it work?

I also tried the r.VXGI. commands in the console but I suspect it's already enabled in that scene.

Edit: Never mind, I just read that it needs to calculate a second bounce for reflections from lit objects to show up.
                        Right that is a known issue, and I'd like to say we have a plan to fix it already, but we don't have an easy solution yet.

Comment

Just wanted to say this is brilliant what you guys are doing with Gameworks. This may be a silly question but does VXGI eliminate the need for light maps? Or is it still dependant on them?

Dave

Comment

No it will be fully dynamic.

Comment

Right that is a known issue, and I'd like to say we have a plan to fix it already, but we don't have an easy solution yet.
                              I hope you find a solution! Will it be possible to have more than 2 bounces if I don't care about performance?

I think if that would be possible, this could really be the next leap in making animations for products and archviz etc. Imagine getting next to path-tracing quality in "real time". If I only get like 1fps it would still be super fast!

Comment

Originally posted by tim.holm View Post
                                I hope you find a solution! Will it be possible to have more than 2 bounces if I don't care about performance?

I think if that would be possible, this could really be the next leap in making animations for products and archviz etc. Imagine getting next to path-tracing quality in "real time". If I only get like 1fps it would still be super fast!
                                I think that is possible in principle, but unlimited bounces was not a primary design goal of VXGI. I'll learn more about it and post here when I have something for you.

--Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X