NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
    The merge of WaveWorks in my branch is wrong, the Nvidia one does work.
    oh alright. Let me know when you're ready =D
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Superficially.. Im unable to see why it fails to create its device. I don't see where the integration could got wrong. I changed one WaveWorks related source file to get the UE4Game targets to build (it was using the stats interface, which need to be guarded by #if STATS, and wasn't).

It might be that the nvidia libraries don't match up from the different branches, I think the VXGI branch changed one dependent libraries, nvapi I think. Or Im just dumb Probably that one. lol

Ill continue looking at it, if it was me Ill post it here, else I gonna open up an issue for it on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
        Is there a way to "install" gameworks into the plugin directory rather than downloading a separate branch of the engine? That's probably in my "would like to see" list for gameworks :[
        We'll work on it, but for the most part a separate fork of Unreal is required because these features require significant changes to the rendering code, which isn't available through a plugin as far as I know.

Comment

Why am I getting "Page not found" on these ?
          https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine

Any page that I try to open on github leads me to an 404 error page.

Comment

Originally posted by HenriqueGomez View Post
            Why am I getting "Page not found" on these ?
            https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine

Any page that I try to open on github leads me to an 404 error page.
            You must be sure you have access to UE4 git source before: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/GitHub_Setup
            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

About the merged branch, WaveWorks stops working when FleX is merged to it. Will investigate further.. man I wish I had more computers to build with.

Comment

I can't manage to get Direct Light shadows into voxels no matter what.
                If I replace the Direct Light for a Spot Light, it works fine. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
                I've updated my last post to show this issue: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post234588

Comment

hi guys i download a vxgi branch version and build and put the variables in BaseEngine.ini and ConsoleVariables.ini like a pdf. but not show vxgi in material or Cone Tracing Parameters. how enable vxgi? My video cards is gts 450 i know this video cards dont work but i dont think the vxgi parameters not show because of that. What i make wrong?

Comment

@Mike - you needn't comment on this, but I wanted to just quickly say that the work you and the other GameWorks crew are doing on FLeX etc. is *way* more impressive than what NVIDIA showed at the headlighter event at GDC tonight. :P Can't wait to dive into this stuff and also get it set up and working in my VR game. Awesome work!
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                      hi guys i download a vxgi branch version and build and put the variables in BaseEngine.ini and ConsoleVariables.ini like a pdf. but not show vxgi in material or Cone Tracing Parameters. how enable vxgi? My video cards is gts 450 i know this video cards dont work but i dont think the vxgi parameters not show because of that. What i make wrong?
                      Are you sure that you've installed the VXGI branch and not the Release? After cloning to your desktop, you want to make sure the github windows shows up "VXGI" here before building the engine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturar.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1067659

Check your Unreal folder. If you don't have this folder: "I:\UE4_VXGI\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI", you've probably built the release version.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                        I can't manage to get Direct Light shadows into voxels no matter what.
                        If I replace the Direct Light for a Spot Light, it works fine. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
                        I've updated my last post to show this issue: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post234588
                        This is a bug - something to do with the code. I tried extensively to find a switch in the code which causes this but to no avail. Maybe you will have better luck.
                        Same thing with point lights - but they said they will be working on that straight after GDC.

Comment

hi guys i download again and fix some error (page 10 in this topic) this time works thanks everybody

Comment

how i wirte this variables consoles like r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable? in play mode push a tilde key and open a console but i cant write anything Click image for larger version

Name:	img_help.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	1067661

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                              how i wirte this variables consoles like r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable? in play mode push a tilde key and open a console but i cant write anything
                              click [`](~)from your keyboard in your editor. Located top of the TAB button. If nothing happens. Click ALT + TAB and choose your UE4 and click ` again. Then type that.
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X