No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to have a license. Of course. But now its just a matter of register for it right?

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
      For getting access to Unreal Engine 4 source code, you must link your UE4 account to your github accounts, otherwise you get a 404 error, I assume the very same thing will happen (and happens) when accessing the gameworks branch, what I meant is: people that are only having a license for UE4 will be able to get into that branch, or gameworks will remain the same?
      Only people with a UE4 license can access UE4 source. The source at https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine is a fork of the Unreal source and is therefore controlled by Epic and subject to their license, just like the source at https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine. Previously this required a paid subscription, but as I read it, the big announcement today means that people only have to register and agree to the licensing terms, there is no more monthly subscription fee for UE4.

--Mike

Comment

Mike,

Is nVidia TXAA coming to UE4 at some point?

Also, is Hairworks ready for GDC?

Comment

Originally posted by Semaphore View Post
          Mike,

Is nVidia TXAA coming to UE4 at some point?

Also, is Hairworks ready for GDC?
          Yes, we'll publish a TXAA integration when we get a chance, shouldn't be too far off. I think we'll be showing the HairwWorks integration to developers at GDC, but I'm not sure if it will be on the booth display. There is still some polishing and testing work ahead, before we can publish the HairWorks branch of UE4.

Comment

Just playing around adding VXGI on koola's scene.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	1067514

relevant parameters:
            Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Intensity: 0.11
            Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Num Cones: 32
            Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Sparsity: 4
            no specular tracing
            35fps (80fps without VXGI) - gtx780

this is a 16 cones version at 50fps: http://i.imgur.com/yZb8chY.jpg?1

I've rotated all the SpotLights 180 degrees so they can actually contribute with the lighting.
            I'll do a VXGI + HBAO version as soon as I get the time to compile the merged branches.

Here is the original scene with lightmaps:

Name:	lightmap.jpg
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1067515

----------------------------------
            update: I've tried another approach. I've replaced all the spotlights on the windows by meshes with emissive materials. I've added some yellow tint on the right planes and blue tint on the left ones. I've also decreased the sunlight intensity and turned the Diffuse Tracing Intensity up to 0.6. Now I get nice indirect shadows similar to those ones on the original scene:

Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	1067624

VXGI off:

Name:	Capturar3.JPG
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1067625

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Update 2:
            Direct Lights are not casting shadows on voxels for me. The debug vision revels that here: http://i.imgur.com/ZNx8SAC.jpg

In this particular scene, this doesn't make too much of a difference because the main light contribution comes from the emissive materials I've applied on the windows. Those ones are causing the soft indirect shadows.
            If I replace de Direct Light for a Spot Light, the shadows work: http://i.imgur.com/arvdLpJ.jpg

The final render now has more depth. The foreground wall is darker, as it should be in this kind of lighting. It's closer to the lightmass version IMO:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rabellogp; 03-03-2015, 10:36 PM.
            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Hey Mike! How could I get a chance to see hairworks at GDC? Is there a certain talk to attend?
              Carlos Montero | Technical Art Director | Neoglyphic Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosNeoglyphic View Post
                Hey Mike! How could I get a chance to see hairworks at GDC? Is there a certain talk to attend?
                I don't think we have a talk, but come by the booth and ask for me.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                  Just playing around adding VXGI on koola's scene.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27817[/ATTACH]

relevant parameters:
                  Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Intensity: 0.11
                  Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Num Cones: 32
                  Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Sparsity: 4
                  no specular tracing
                  35fps (80fps without VXGI) - gtx780

this is a 16 cones version at 50fps: http://i.imgur.com/yZb8chY.jpg?1

I've rotated all the SpotLights 180 degrees so they can actually contribute with the lighting.
                  I'll do a VXGI + HBAO version as soon as I get the time to compile the merged branches.

Here is the original scene with lightmaps:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27819[/ATTACH]
                  Nice! I like the shadows and the tablecloth lighting in particular on the VXGI scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                    Great so now I don't have to test it myself. lol

If I broke something, tell me
                    so... i think if found a bug. Maybe not. It sees Waveworks not working i guess. Flex and Vxgi Working good. Only Waveworks got some problem like this.

no waves. When i choose another actor it becomes completely black.
                    Attached Files
                    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                      so... i think if found a bug. Maybe not. It sees Waveworks not working i guess. Flex and Vxgi Working good. Only Waveworks got some problem like this.

no waves. When i choose another actor it becomes completely black.
                      Which GPU do you have, and do you have the latest driver installed?

Comment

And does it work in the branch that only has WaveWorks?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                          Which GPU do you have, and do you have the latest driver installed?
                          I have gtx 780 with latest drivers.

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                          And does it work in the branch that only has WaveWorks?
                          Oh i haven't tried that.
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

We talked in the launcher, waveworks fails here too, log says:

[2015.03.03-16.59.58:064][ 0]LogD3D11WaveWorks:Warning: FD3D11WaveWorks Simulation_CreateD3D11 FAIL

I will build the waveworks branch and look at it there.

Comment

Is there a way to "install" gameworks into the plugin directory rather than downloading a separate branch of the engine? That's probably in my "would like to see" list for gameworks :[
                              WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                              World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                              WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

The merge of WaveWorks in my branch is wrong, the Nvidia one does work.

Comment

Working...
                                X