NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
    Why not, that's not difficult. But upgrading to 4.7 is beyond what Im willing to try. There are then real changes to be made. lol
    im new to this whole programming thing. I have no idea how this github works and was waiting for merged version from mike. Is it possible to get merged version from you?
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Why not, clone it from my github repo and checkout branch 4.6-integrating, it contains the substance plugin and the nv branches. Don't overwrite files when setup.cmd downloads dependencies.

Though I dont guarantee I did it right, that it works at all, and I don't support it. If you computer blows, I didnt do it

And the branch will not be there forever.
      Last edited by Mikand79; 03-03-2015, 03:07 PM. Reason: Don't use it ;)

Comment

Why not, clone it from my github repo https://github.com/eAlex79/UnrealEng....6-integrating and checkout branch 4.6-integrating, it contains the substance plugin and the nv branches. Don't overwrite files when setup.cmd downloads dependencies.

Though I dont guarantee I did it right, that it works at all, and I don't support it. If you computer blows, I didnt do it

Oh man thank you very much! I guess its time to finish my cinematic xD

Comment

I think Mike Skolones said further up that one doesn't need to merge HBAO+ to the VXGI as VXGI has its voxel AO or stuff.

The merge errors are easy though, they aren't real conflicts but git doesn't know if its right to keep the changes from both branches.

So edit the files with conflict and remove the <<<<<<, ======= and >>>>>> messages until it looks reasonable again (think while you do) and then 'git add' the changed file, after you done all files 'git commit' will complete the merge.
          Yeah I just want to mess around with the combination a little bit to see what kind of graphical results I could achieve... I'll try to edit the files like you said, thanks! =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
          im new to this whole programming thing. I have no idea how this github works and was waiting for merged version from mike. Is it possible to get merged version from you?
          It's not hard at all. Just download the github windows client, clone the release and you don't even need to use a console to manage the branches. But I think it's even easier with the console, just right click on your clone inside github windows client, choose "Open in Git Shell" and follow these instructions:

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
          You _should_ be able to merge the branches into a single branch (for example, called 'AllFeatures'). You would do:
          • git checkout release (switch to standard 4.6.1 release branch)
          • git branch AllFeatures (make a new branch from it)
          • git checkout AllFeatures (switch to the new branch)
          • git merge Flex (merge all the changes from the Flex branch, which should work fine because the FleX branch started out as the release branch)
          • compile the AllFeatures branch to make sure the merge worked OK.
          • git merge WaveWorks (merge all the changes from the WaveWorks branch, the WaveWorks branch also started out as the release branch)

Then you would try to compile the combined branch. This is what I intend to do when we get the VXGI, HairWorks, TurfEffects, etc., up and running.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Why not, clone it from my github repo https://github.com/eAlex79/UnrealEng....6-integrating and checkout branch 4.6-integrating, it contains the substance plugin and the nv branches. Don't overwrite files when setup.cmd downloads dependencies.

thanks for that! I'll give it a try =D
          Last edited by rabellogp; 03-02-2015, 09:53 AM.
          Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
          Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
            It's not hard at all. Just download the github windows client, clone the release and you don't even need to use a console to manage the branches. But I think it's even easier with the console, just right click on your clone inside github windows client, choose "Open in Git Shell" and follow these instructions:
            oookay that explains a lot!
            thank you!

Comment

Great so now I don't have to test it myself. lol

If I broke something, tell me

Comment

Great so now I don't have to test it myself. lol

If I broke something, tell me
                haha with pleasure!

Comment

According to this schedule: https://developer.nvidia.com/gdc-2015 Nvidia conference will start soon but there is no link where to watch it. Anyone maanged to find a live stream for this? It seems Mike is at GDC now.

Comment

No, didn't find any live stream for that, but would love to see that though :/

Comment

hey unreal just became free... Sooo... what the hell? all these gworks comes for free?
                      Last edited by Gandosh; 03-02-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                        hey unreal just became free... Sooo... what the hell? all these gworks comes for free?
                        You were already getting these GW integrations with your UE4 license, via Github. Now there is no subscription fee for UE4, but that doesn't change anything with GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones
                          Wait...there is _some_ live streaming:
                          http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ht-here-on-ign

--Mike
                          Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 03-02-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

You were already getting these GW integrations with your UE4 license, via Github. Now there is no subscription fee for UE4, but that doesn't change anything with GW.
                            So, only for licenses who have their github account associated? I entered that link Mike, but they were talking about robots

Click the tiny bird!
                            It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                              So, only for licenses who have their github account associated? I entered that link Mike, but they were talking about robots
                              The IGN link? Yes, I'm sure there will be a lot of content that seems unrelated to GameWorks and UE4. I'm not sure what you mean by "...for licensees who have their github account..."

Comment

The IGN link? Yes, I'm sure there will be a lot of content that seems unrelated to GameWorks and UE4. I'm not sure what you mean by "...for licensees who have their github account..."
                                For getting access to Unreal Engine 4 source code, you must link your UE4 account to your github accounts, otherwise you get a 404 error, I assume the very same thing will happen (and happens) when accessing the gameworks branch, what I meant is: people that are only having a license for UE4 will be able to get into that branch, or gameworks will remain the same?

Click the tiny bird!
                                It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X