NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    For more realistic results with Blast, I recommend setting depenetration velocity to a value around 0.5-1.0, enabling Temporal Gauss Solver & Stabilization in physics settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dyanikoglu - thank you for making your repository available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you dyanikoglu I found the sample in the NVIDIA Blast plugin: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/Blast-4.20

And I was able to play it using your repo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=samrat333;n1762891]
    Originally posted by dyanikoglu View Post
    PhysX 4.1 + Nvidia Blast plugin bundled together with Unreal Engine 4.25

can you merge hairworks in 4.25 ? dyanikoglu
    I think you won't see an updated version of hairworks in the near future, it's "dead" for Unreal ecosystem. I recommend playing around with Epic's new strands hair system, based on Chaos & Niagara. It's way more promising.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kafumanto View Post

I saw your branch "4.25-PhysX4", looking at the commits it seems very clean. Do you know of any regression/issues with the other features of the engine (tools, animations, ...)?

Have you thought sending it as a Pull Request to Epic?
    Nope, no issues so far. I can say it's way more stable than PhysX 3.4. Temporal Gauss Seidel solver is awesome.

I'm not planning to open a PR soon, it's kinda pointless, Epic is working on Chaos, and has no interest on PhysX anymore. Also, my branch doesn't have proper support for other platforms except Win64. I need to sort out that first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jerry.Richards View Post
    dyanikoglu are you able to share your demo scene?
    Sure, I have it packed in my computer, I can share it tomorrow. (It's originally from Nvphysx GitHub repository, but I made it compatible with 4.25)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dyanikoglu are you able to share your demo scene?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dyanikoglu View Post

https://github.com/dyanikoglu/Unreal...5-PhysX4+Blast

Everything works without any problem so far, also you can change solver type from physics settings to PhysX 4's Temporal Gauss Solver. I remember blast was having a terrible performance with PhysX 3.4, but I'm able to maintain solid 120fps with lots of destruction going on with PhysX 4.1 at the moment.

Note: You need to build PhysX binaries from ThirdParty/PhysX4/BuildProfile_Win64.bat, and you need Visual Studio 2019 as compiler/toolset to do that. Tested only on Windows.
    I saw your branch "4.25-PhysX4", looking at the commits it seems very clean. Do you know of any regression/issues with the other features of the engine (tools, animations, ...)?

Have you thought sending it as a Pull Request to Epic?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=dyanikoglu;n1762847]PhysX 4.1 + Nvidia Blast plugin bundled together with Unreal Engine 4.25

can you merge hairworks in 4.25 ? dyanikoglu

Leave a comment:

• replied

https://github.com/dyanikoglu/Unreal...5-PhysX4+Blast

Everything works without any problem so far, also you can change solver type from physics settings to PhysX 4's Temporal Gauss Solver. I remember blast was having a terrible performance with PhysX 3.4, but I'm able to maintain solid 120fps with lots of destruction going on with PhysX 4.1 at the moment.

Note: You need to build PhysX binaries from ThirdParty/PhysX4/BuildProfile_Win64.bat, and you need Visual Studio 2019 as compiler/toolset to do that. Tested only on Windows.
    Last edited by dyanikoglu; 05-17-2020, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll be joining the club of waiting for updated Gameworks integrations into Unreal, specifically WaveWorks, however, since WaveWorks 2.0 is announced I'd say they're going to take that technology and port it to newer releases of Unreal.

I was curious as to what we could expect, but all I could find was an interview with the developers of Atlas, the 3 things you should know article, and the info page about WaveWorks by NVIDIA themselves. ETA was soon back in early 2019, with no more information as of yet that I could find. Does anyone have more information on this? Looking to use WaveWorks in UE4 4.23 / 4.24 / 4.25...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi olento how to merge houdini engine plugin in your 4.21 gameworks branch we tried many time but not work but 4.21 normal branch work fine

please merge https://github.com/sideeffects/Houdi...8.0-Unreal4.21 in gameworks 4.21
    Last edited by samrat333; 05-07-2020, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do i change the waveworks horizon color? I've tried everything and looked for documentation and couldnt find any. It's driving me insane. I am trying to make a night scene and that is preventing me from doing it. Any ideas? A guy here asked i see but he doesnt really explain how he did it. Anyone can give me a detailed explanation?
    https://gyazo.com/48641853dbc7cde89e6fb2fa5610b41b

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All the work in this thread in much appreciated!

Anyone have an issue with dragging/dropping from Windows into the Engine with these custo-builds? Do I need to build a library before building the engine? Is there a Drag/Drop checkbox in the Engine settings?

I'm sure this is a massively stupid question, so my apologies in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone, geart work with 0lento/UnrealEngine.
    Does anyone know if nvidia cataclysm works with this repo? with 4.21? or just 4.19?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X