No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, change the light's mobility to Movable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
      One of your lights are static. Change that to Dynamic.
      Thank you sirs.

Comment

@Mike: I found the solution to the shipping problem! It was a data corrupted file from my builded UE4-Shipping-Game

I'm really enjoying VXGI, I'm setting a large area now to try, I'll upload some pics as soon as I can. One question: Gameworks for 4.7 will be available after all of them were implemented in 4.6 or after GDC?

Click the tiny bird!
        It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
          @Mike: I found the solution to the shipping problem! It was a data corrupted file from my builded UE4-Shipping-Game

I'm really enjoying VXGI, I'm setting a large area now to try, I'll upload some pics as soon as I can. One question: Gameworks for 4.7 will be available after all of them were implemented in 4.6 or after GDC?
          Great news, thanks! We'll probably upgrade to 4.6 after GDC, before Turf becomes available, not sure yet whether Hair will be in there before or after.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
            Great news, thanks! We'll probably upgrade to 4.6 after GDC, before Turf becomes available, not sure yet whether Hair will be in there before or after.

--Mike
            Nice! You know, I've been sticking for at least 3 years with nvidia developers program and I have enjoyed every single feature you guys have provided, and now this free implementation for UE4 is something more than amazing. I just wanna express my gratitude to you and the whole Nvidia staff, you're enhancing the gaming industry with this!

Click the tiny bird!
            It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Squarepupil View Post
              Hi all, really cool results I'm getting from the VXGI fork: [ATTACH=CONFIG]27302[/ATTACH]
              (Lit by a single spotlight from above) Thanks so much to the nvidia team for making this happen. Dynamic GI is a substantial step toward realism and, in the case of the game I'm working on, surrealism

Couple of questions pertinent to the image. How do I get rid of the "preview" thing on the floor texture? It seems as though there's still a lightmap associated with it. I enabled VXGI on that material and I turned off the "allow static lighting" global setting (restarted the editor as well). Also, I can't seem to get point lights to work with VXGI. I create a point light and enable VXGI in its settings (the same way I did with the spot) but no dice. Are they not implemented currently? Thanks again!
              Points lights are not implemented with VXGI, and spotlights and directional lights are not implemented properly with distance field shadows. Also, translucent particles aren't implemented yet. This is because they are all done as a separate process. I have posted this in http://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues and gameworks engineers are going to look at it after GDC.

Comment

@Mike you promised to give us the GDC schedule and where to watch it. Also what is this GTC that will take place from 17 to 20 March and that you will be part of?

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                  @Mike you promised to give us the GDC schedule and where to watch it. Also what is this GTC that will take place from 17 to 20 March and that you will be part of?
                  Right, here is the link: https://developer.nvidia.com/gdc-2015

http://www.nvidia.com/content/M2G/made-to-game.html

The NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference is here: http://www.gputechconf.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                    Points lights are not implemented with VXGI, and spotlights and directional lights are not implemented properly with distance field shadows. Also, translucent particles aren't implemented yet. This is because they are all done as a separate process. I have posted this in http://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues and gameworks engineers are going to look at it after GDC.
                    We'll get on this ASAP when the GDC hubbub subsides.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

@fdslk, many thanks for the kind words! We're all very happy to see such enthusiasm for these features in the UE4 community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                        Thank you very much. Do you have a live twitch channel where you can stream live or other sreaming media links? Thanks !

Comment

Have anyone managed how to merge VXGI and HBAO+ branches? I'm getting a lot of conflicts when I try to do that and I don't know how to fix it...
                          Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                          Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

I think Mike Skolones said further up that one doesn't need to merge HBAO+ to the VXGI as VXGI has its voxel AO or stuff.

The merge errors are easy though, they aren't real conflicts but git doesn't know if its right to keep the changes from both branches.

So edit the files with conflict and remove the <<<<<<, ======= and >>>>>> messages until it looks reasonable again (think while you do) and then 'git add' the changed file, after you done all files 'git commit' will complete the merge.

Comment

wait are you guys merging by yourselves?
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Why not, that's not difficult. But upgrading to 4.7 is beyond what Im willing to try. There are then real changes to be made. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X