No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they could use UE4 since they started production on it a long time ago before UE4 was ready.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
      @ Mike, lol how did your firm manage to get Turbulence, Rain effects FACEWORKS (that I have never seen in any game yet) and other stuff on the dinosaur -should be extinct- UE3 and not on the mighty UE4?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27169[/ATTACH]

Really sounds weird, or maybe a marketing move since devs still use UE3 and Batman is a famous and profitable game (thus forcing people to get better NVidia cards to run your effects) while UE4 is still not maintsream and didn't conquer the market yet?
      NV doesn't get to choose which game engines our developer partners use for their titles. Of course it takes a lot of effort to integrate these features into any game engine, even though we've been working with UE3 for years.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        I don't think they could use UE4 since they started production on it a long time ago before UE4 was ready.
        It is not like that, Warner Bros has contract with Epic to use UE3 till the end of 2014 that is why Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham Knight still use UE3. It is also a smarter move for them to use UE3 to release the game on both current-gen and last-gen platforms (eventhough Arkham Knight is current-gen only). Anyway I hope more AAA devs begin to use UE4 and not just inidies.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
          It is not like that, Warner Bros has contract with Epic to use UE3 till the end of 2014 that is why Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham Knight still use UE3. It is also a smarter move for them to use UE3 to release the game on both current-gen and last-gen platforms (eventhough Arkham Knight is current-gen only). Anyway I hope more AAA devs begin to use UE4 and not just inidies.
          You have to consider that many AAA devs most likely use a heavily modified version of the UE3, in which they added all the necessary techniques they need. Re-Integrating those into UE4 takes a lot of time, but as far as I heard Street Fighter 5 uses the UE4 already, which I think is a great thing. Hope that is correct so far.

As side note: This thread is really messy, it's hard to actually to find what one wants under all these misc posts. Maybe split it up into a support thread and a discussion thread, would that be an idea?

Greetings,
          Dakraid

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
            As side note: This thread is really messy, it's hard to actually to find what one wants under all these misc posts. Maybe split it up into a support thread and a discussion thread, would that be an idea?

Greetings,
            Dakraid
            I've proposed organizing support under the Issues interface on Github: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues. If we do that, this thread will focus more on discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
              As for the hair spec, I would suggest the Marschner model:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~srm/publi.../SG03-hair.pdf

Followed by the Kajiya-Kay model, which was just recently used by "The Order 1886" very successfully I think:

From page 33:
              http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020162...t-Gen-Material

Here is how one of the HairWorks developers summarized it: "HairWorks uses mix of K-K and Marchner + our own tweak."

Comment

Hi
                I have a Problem
                When I click on this link :https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues
                I get error 404 (don't find anything here)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                  Here is how one of the HairWorks developers summarized it: "HairWorks uses mix of K-K and Marchner + our own tweak."
                  Wonderful. I hope your own tweaks manage to get a way to implement anisotropic shading for the hair eventhough that UE4 doesn't support it (for the time being). Could you please tell your devs about that? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
                    Hi
                    I have a Problem
                    https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
                      Hi
                      I have a Problem
                      You need to be an active subscriber and you need to link your Github username to your Unreal Engine account. For more info here: https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github
                      Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
                      Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                      [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                      [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
                      [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
                      My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                      Your Friendly Neighborhood
                      Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Hey guys im confused. Should i wait for official merged UE4 or do i have to merge by myself? if yes is there any documentation or something like that? Im new to Github.
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                          From what I can see in our UE4 integration group here at NV, Hair Works will probably the next out the door, and with any luck we'll be uploading it to Github soon after GDC.

However Turf is starting to take shape too, and I'd like to open a discussion here that will guide our efforts, so that the integration works well from day one.

To start, would anyone like to post screenshots here of typical scenes where you are using conventional UE4 features to plant grass, and could you describe the workflow considerations? For example, are you generating grass procedurally?

Thanks,
                          Mike
                          I am sorry, I don't have any screenshots, but I can think of 3 ways for authoring Turf grass within UE4:
                          1. Being able to paint Turf grass onto a terrain in Landscape should be an obvious choice
                          2. Painting Turf grass on static/(maybe even skeletal) meshes through vertex painting would be very nice and usefull.
                          3. Applying Turf grass to a static/skeletal mesh through a material could also be a very hand way to use Turf grass.

Question: Is Turf only limited to grass or will we able to create our own vegetation? Bioshock springs to mind, and the ability to plant subaquatic plants would be awsome.

Comment

@Mike: Awesome news, that's exactly what I was hoping for! Can't wait to make use of HairWorks!

@PLASTICA-MAN:

1. Everyone is well aware of the fact that UE4 doesn't support anisotropic BRDF's at the moment. No need to stress what's already a given over and over again.

2. Kajiya-Kay and Marschner both use an anisotropic model since an isotropic model just wouldn't look like hair! In other words, no anisotropic based BRDF = No Kajiya-Kay and/or Marschner. You can't have one without the other.
                            Last edited by The_Distiller; 02-27-2015, 09:26 AM.
                            ArtStation

Comment

Hi all, really cool results I'm getting from the VXGI fork: Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	1067267
                              (Lit by a single spotlight from above) Thanks so much to the nvidia team for making this happen. Dynamic GI is a substantial step toward realism and, in the case of the game I'm working on, surrealism

Couple of questions pertinent to the image. How do I get rid of the "preview" thing on the floor texture? It seems as though there's still a lightmap associated with it. I enabled VXGI on that material and I turned off the "allow static lighting" global setting (restarted the editor as well). Also, I can't seem to get point lights to work with VXGI. I create a point light and enable VXGI in its settings (the same way I did with the spot) but no dice. Are they not implemented currently? Thanks again!

Comment

One of your lights are static. Change that to Dynamic.
                                Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X