No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries.To be honest I don't even get why they want to allow you to hide those settings in the first place
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

OK, so I was looking into NVIDIA Flow and I found this post here. From what I read it has been abandoned and is not available for any UE version past 4.21, is that true? Because if that is so, we will have to reconsider some of our design ideas.

Comment

Yeah, we need some real alternative for all gameworks - NVidia tuned up to be unreliable in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomo View Post
          Yeah, we need some real alternative for all gameworks - NVidia tuned up to be unreliable in this case.

We need Unreal to add features for soft bodies & fluid simulations, or at least we need plugins for this. It's pretty difficult for indies to modify the engine themselves to add Gameworks...
          Physics > Graphics

Comment

Have anyone one heard if NVIDIA or someone else will update VXGI to newer engine versions and maybe there will be VXGI 3.0? Sadly i belive nvidia might have put VXGI on the shelf after DXR was introduced. But maybe there is hope i dont know. In my opinion VXGI beats DXR in many important areas for now.
            Last edited by BP_Herbert; 04-26-2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone, geart work with 0lento/UnrealEngine.
              Does anyone know if nvidia cataclysm works with this repo? with 4.21? or just 4.19?

Comment

All the work in this thread in much appreciated!

Anyone have an issue with dragging/dropping from Windows into the Engine with these custo-builds? Do I need to build a library before building the engine? Is there a Drag/Drop checkbox in the Engine settings?

I'm sure this is a massively stupid question, so my apologies in advance.

Comment

How do i change the waveworks horizon color? I've tried everything and looked for documentation and couldnt find any. It's driving me insane. I am trying to make a night scene and that is preventing me from doing it. Any ideas? A guy here asked i see but he doesnt really explain how he did it. Anyone can give me a detailed explanation?
                  https://gyazo.com/48641853dbc7cde89e6fb2fa5610b41b

Comment

hi olento how to merge houdini engine plugin in your 4.21 gameworks branch we tried many time but not work but 4.21 normal branch work fine

please merge https://github.com/sideeffects/Houdi...8.0-Unreal4.21 in gameworks 4.21
                    Last edited by samrat333; 05-07-2020, 02:40 AM.

Comment

I'll be joining the club of waiting for updated Gameworks integrations into Unreal, specifically WaveWorks, however, since WaveWorks 2.0 is announced I'd say they're going to take that technology and port it to newer releases of Unreal.

I was curious as to what we could expect, but all I could find was an interview with the developers of Atlas, the 3 things you should know article, and the info page about WaveWorks by NVIDIA themselves. ETA was soon back in early 2019, with no more information as of yet that I could find. Does anyone have more information on this? Looking to use WaveWorks in UE4 4.23 / 4.24 / 4.25...

Comment

PhysX 4.1 + Nvidia Blast plugin bundled together with Unreal Engine 4.25

https://github.com/dyanikoglu/Unreal...5-PhysX4+Blast

Everything works without any problem so far, also you can change solver type from physics settings to PhysX 4's Temporal Gauss Solver. I remember blast was having a terrible performance with PhysX 3.4, but I'm able to maintain solid 120fps with lots of destruction going on with PhysX 4.1 at the moment.

Note: You need to build PhysX binaries from ThirdParty/PhysX4/BuildProfile_Win64.bat, and you need Visual Studio 2019 as compiler/toolset to do that. Tested only on Windows.
                        Last edited by dyanikoglu; 05-17-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=dyanikoglu;n1762847]PhysX 4.1 + Nvidia Blast plugin bundled together with Unreal Engine 4.25

can you merge hairworks in 4.25 ? dyanikoglu

Comment

Originally posted by dyanikoglu View Post
                            PhysX 4.1 + Nvidia Blast plugin bundled together with Unreal Engine 4.25

https://github.com/dyanikoglu/Unreal...5-PhysX4+Blast

Everything works without any problem so far, also you can change solver type from physics settings to PhysX 4's Temporal Gauss Solver. I remember blast was having a terrible performance with PhysX 3.4, but I'm able to maintain solid 120fps with lots of destruction going on with PhysX 4.1 at the moment.

Note: You need to build PhysX binaries from ThirdParty/PhysX4/BuildProfile_Win64.bat, and you need Visual Studio 2019 as compiler/toolset to do that. Tested only on Windows.
                            I saw your branch "4.25-PhysX4", looking at the commits it seems very clean. Do you know of any regression/issues with the other features of the engine (tools, animations, ...)?

Have you thought sending it as a Pull Request to Epic?

Comment

dyanikoglu are you able to share your demo scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry.Richards View Post
                                dyanikoglu are you able to share your demo scene?
                                Sure, I have it packed in my computer, I can share it tomorrow. (It's originally from Nvphysx GitHub repository, but I made it compatible with 4.25)

Comment

Working...
                                X