No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it still possible to get flex on UE4.23? With all the changes made to the physics and the addition of chaos etc..
    I am not interested in the fluid rendering, only the particles for meshes to get soft bodies.

If possible, is anyone planning on doing the port to 4.23 ^^'?

Comment

how to build Houdini plugin in game work

Comment

Hello 0lento

We are creating a «TrinityMS» game using Unreal Engine 4.21 with GameWorks from you.
        We met a problem that HairWorks reflect light from point light. The hair makes everything around it much lighter when there is a point light.
        The problem doesn’t exist in UE4.19. But for creating the game we need to use UE 4.21 (or later) that makes hair to light.

Here is a video about this problem

https://trinityvideogame.com/TrinityMS-UE_4_21.mp4

Would appreciate greatly if you could help us to solve this problem.
        Thank you

Comment

Hey, i have some troubles packaging the official 4.19.2 flex branch.
          I've build it with VS2015, everything working smooth, but when i package it, it has some errors:

Code:
          [....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(11): error C2504: 'AInfo': base class undefined
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C3646: 'Super': unknown override specifier
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'StaticConfigName': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3861: 'StaticConfigName': identifier not found
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'AddReferencedObjects': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2065: 'AddReferencedObjects': undeclared identifier
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'Super': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'WithinClass': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(65): error C2614: 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor': illegal member initialization: 'Super' is not a base or member

[....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialExpressions.cpp(2548): warning C4996: 'UEnum::GetEnumName': GetEnumName is deprecated, call GetNameStringByIndex instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
          D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/Class.h(1808): note: see declaration of 'UEnum::GetEnumName'

[....]

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Binaries\Win64\PW_TopLessBell-Flex-Win64-Shipping.lib
          Is there a nice workaround here? Can i just somehow delete the "AFlexFluidSurfaceActor" ? I'm pretty new to C++ so this gives me much headaches, the more i do, the more i break.

Or is there a stable Version (maybe 0lentos) that allows to package the game without modification?
          I couldn't build 0lentos version on the first try, i think it's because of my VS2015,2017,2019 mishmash. 2015 and 2019 are working, but 2017 seems to be very buggy.....

If it should work, I'll do everything I can to migrate to a better version, but atm I'm not sure about it... help pls

My first marketplace asset: Surveillance Camera Madness
          My first game: Jewel Snake

Comment

Originally posted by TankbusterGames View Post
            Hey, i have some troubles packaging the official 4.19.2 flex branch.
            I've build it with VS2015, everything working smooth, but when i package it, it has some errors
            This is a known issue with the nvidia's own branch, I have fixes for it here (I should probably just rename the branch to 4.19-FleX as it doesn't look like Nvidia is merging my PR for the fixes):
            https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...PR-FleX-4.19.2

Actual PR here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/523

Basically you can just use that PR-FleX-4.19.2 branch as is, it only contains UE 4.19.2 and Nvidia FleX or alternatively copy the fixes over manually, all changes are in 3 commits.
            https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by TrinityMS View Post
              We met a problem that HairWorks reflect light from point light. The hair makes everything around it much lighter when there is a point light.
              The problem doesn’t exist in UE4.19. But for creating the game we need to use UE 4.21 (or later) that makes hair to light.
              That looks alarming I didn't make the HairWorks port initially myself so I have to recheck the changes to see what could have possibly made the difference. Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                That looks alarming I didn't make the HairWorks port initially myself so I have to recheck the changes to see what could have possibly made the difference. Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?
                Today I will check the standard hairstyles. I will write here later.
                Thank you so much!

Comment

@0lento: Compie Gamework 4.21 + Wavework with TrueSky Plugin give me this error, i tried it with source build 4.21.2 from epic games and it can complie,
                  How can I fix it?? If you can let me know, thank you!

Code:
                  2>  [1/1] UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
                  2>     Creating library K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.lib and object K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.exp
                  2>Module.TrueSkyPlugin.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)" (?AddUAVBarrier@FD3D12CommandListHandle@@QEAAXPEAVFD3D12Resource@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl FD3D12DynamicRHI::TransitionResourceWithTracking(class FD3D12CommandListHandle &,class FD3D12Resource *,enum D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES,unsigned int)" (?TransitionResourceWithTracking@FD3D12DynamicRHI@@SAXAEAVFD3D12CommandListHandle@@PEAVFD3D12Resource@@W4D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES@@I@Z)
                  2>K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
                  2>UnrealBuildTool : error : UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
                  2>                        (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
                  2>Total build time: 73.57 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
                  2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                  2>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                  Last edited by WindyStrife; 10-02-2019, 03:43 PM.
                  Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                    Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?
                    Yes.
                    I checked. This problem with stock hairworks samples too.

We really hope for your help.
                    Thank you so much.

Comment

WindyStrife I don't think I have active access to TrueSky anymore but step one in trying to solve that would be to see where this function actually is now:
                      Code:
                       error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)"

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                        0lento - I've got a very basic merge of HairWorks into 4.23, it needs some more massaging particularly in terms of replacing calls to SetRenderTarget with BeginRenderPass/EndRenderPass and maybe a couple of other things before it'll start compiling all the way. Are you interested in taking a look if I set it up on a github branch? We can probably look at xoyojank's Flex 4.22 to get some ideas there.

Maybe collaborate on it.
                        So it is possible!

Have you made any progress? I have a project using hairworks on 4.21 and would love to update it!

Comment

I know that we can use the GameWorks branches in commercial games, but I'm wondering about attribution and licensing fees/royalties. I am a developer, but going out on my own now. With all of the different licenses and such involved, what must I know so that I am compliant when I reveal, advertise, raise funds for, and release, etc.. my game? Thanks in advance.

Posted this in the issues list on github, but though maybe it's more appropriate to ask here.

Comment

Is there a way to make HairWorks work in UE 4.22 or UE 4.23?

Comment

Originally posted by upstream99 View Post
                              Is there a way to make HairWorks work in UE 4.22 or UE 4.23?
                              i'm interested in 4.23 build too :\

Comment

where is compile source of hairworks 4.23 or 4.24 official because epic give shave plugin for hairworks this https://github.com/EpicGames/Shave-And-A-Haircut

Comment

Working...
                                X