NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeamonFroll View Post
    Why can't I get access to https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine and https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine? I've lready linked my Epic Games and GitHub accounts. I also have already get Nvidea developer account.
    You don't need nvidia dev account to access ue4 forks but you do need to be logged in to github with the same account you linked to Epic to see these repositories. Also do note that if you just linked the accounts, the link can take few hours to work initially.

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Have anybody tried to compilate 0lento's builds with flex or gameworks for Linux? I'd tried 1.18, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21. But all of them were failed for me on 'make' stage.
      Last edited by DeamonFroll; 09-01-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeamonFroll View Post
        Have anybody tried to compilate 0lento's builds with flex or gameworks for Linux? I'd tried 1.18, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21. But all of them were failed for me on 'make' stage.
        Nvidia only provides Windows binaries for most of their GameWorks integrations, for Blast you get only Win64 for example unless you compile Win32 from Blast sources (which are not provided in these integrations anyway). There might be some tech there that would work on linux if used alone, like Nvidia FleX when used with cuda, but most things here require Windows. Some of the techs (like Nvidia Flow) are also DirectCompute only, so they rely on Windows due to directx 11+ requirement, there's nothing you can do about this.
        https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Is it officially dead? In the recent 4.23 Release Highlight livestream at 1:17:52 it's mentioned that they have no plans to continue to work on SVOGI however Epic's SVOGI implementation hasn't been active in years so it can be assumed that they are talking about Nvidia's VXGI? Hopefully we will still get an updated 4.23 build for all the gameworks features as they offer many features which are still not implemented in the default engine. Even while we now have DXR global illumination and SSGI there is still many upsides to using VXGI in certain situations so one can only hope.
          Last edited by Ajela_1; 09-05-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

0lento doing god's work. Any plans for 4.23 Integration.

Comment

Hey. Thank you for your hard work! There is already a version of Flex 4.22 https://github.com/xoyojank/UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-FleX from xoyojank. The UE4 engine version 4.23 has already been released. When can you expect UE4 Flex 4.23? I wanted to get started immediately on UE 4.23 Flex.

Comment

Can water be made using Niagara? Like this is done in Flex.

Comment

I've noticed that BLAST works as a plugin instead of requiring a source build. But hasn't been updated in a year.. Anyone worked with it and could share some experience?

Comment

0lento - I've got a very basic merge of HairWorks into 4.23, it needs some more massaging particularly in terms of replacing calls to SetRenderTarget with BeginRenderPass/EndRenderPass and maybe a couple of other things before it'll start compiling all the way. Are you interested in taking a look if I set it up on a github branch? We can probably look at xoyojank's Flex 4.22 to get some ideas there.

Maybe collaborate on it.
                    Last edited by n00854180t; 09-09-2019, 09:37 AM.
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                      0lento - I've got a very basic merge of HairWorks into 4.23, it needs some more massaging particularly in terms of replacing calls to SetRenderTarget with BeginRenderPass/EndRenderPass and maybe a couple of other things before it'll start compiling all the way. Are you interested in taking a look if I set it up on a github branch? We can probably look at xoyojank's Flex 4.22 to get some ideas there.

Maybe collaborate on it.
                      I'll welcome any help on these, but unfortunately I'm still missing a dev computer that's powerful enough to build UE 4.20+ in reasonable amount of time. On the bright side, I got all new Ryzen rig parts here except the CPU. Sadly AMD is still silent about 3950X release date, I was hoping it would have been out early September but even 3900X stocks are nonexisting atm so it could still take months to get it here.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                        I've noticed that BLAST works as a plugin instead of requiring a source build. But hasn't been updated in a year.. Anyone worked with it and could share some experience?
                        Afaik, the Blast plugin Epic integrated to UE4 is only used with Chaos but I haven't really examined how they utilize it there. Unless they've changed it recently, it doesn't work with PhysX on the stock UE4 setup like Nvidia's own Blast integration does.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKSIM View Post
                          Hey. Thank you for your hard work! There is already a version of Flex 4.22 https://github.com/xoyojank/UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-FleX from xoyojank. The UE4 engine version 4.23 has already been released. When can you expect UE4 Flex 4.23? I wanted to get started immediately on UE 4.23 Flex.
                          Just be aware that the linked branch doesn't render FleX fluids atm, just porting that to 4.23 would still have that same limitation. Can't give any estimates on 4.23 from my end atm for reasons mentioned above messages.

The main issue right now is the 4.22+ changes on the rendering side. It may or may not be complicated but my current iteration times are just unbearable with these engine versions so holding off all bigger changes until I get things running smoothly again. And even then, there's no promises that these are something I can fix but at least iteration times will be bearable again. Of course anyone who's up for the challenge can still pick these up and try to solve the issues on their own (and hopefully share here).

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                            Afaik, the Blast plugin Epic integrated to UE4 is only used with Chaos but I haven't really examined how they utilize it there. Unless they've changed it recently, it doesn't work with PhysX on the stock UE4 setup like Nvidia's own Blast integration does.
                            https://gameworksdocs.nvidia.com/Bla...uickStart.html

This here clearly states there is adedicated plugin instead of custom build that in theory should work outside of nvidia physx and chaos.
                            What I like in it is that the chunks are being generated, so they do not use up too much geometry right away... a few poly wall is few poly wall until it is damaged.
                            I also like how the "structure support" works in blast a lot better than in Chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                              I'll welcome any help on these, but unfortunately I'm still missing a dev computer that's powerful enough to build UE 4.20+ in reasonable amount of time. On the bright side, I got all new Ryzen rig parts here except the CPU. Sadly AMD is still silent about 3950X release date, I was hoping it would have been out early September but even 3900X stocks are nonexisting atm so it could still take months to get it here.
                              I may be able to help out there by setting up a build server from my old PC (has a 2600k, but it'd be dedicated, so not terrible) that I could give you access to. It's kind of broken right now due to a harddrive failure though so I'll have to put some work into getting that set up.

I'll also have to figure out how to do automated builds and all that stuff too which might take me a bit.

Edit: Doing a test run on my new computer, we can probably just use it for a bit until the old one is set up. Got most of Jenkins set up already, just doing the git branching right now. Got an i9 9900k/64GB RAM in it so it should be fast.

At the very least that should get you some basic compile iteration times fast enough, I think.
                              Last edited by n00854180t; 09-10-2019, 09:10 PM.
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                                I may be able to help out there by setting up a build server from my old PC (has a 2600k, but it'd be dedicated, so not terrible) that I could give you access to.
                                Thanks for the offering but this wouldn't help much because the main issue for me right now are the iteration times, not that it reserves my computer during the builds. My current 3570k is probably little slower than 2600k but the difference isn't going to be that dramatic.

For regular API updates, the slow build times hasn't been that big of a deal as it's pretty repetitive manual work in general. 4.22+ rendering changes require more experimenting though and this is why I'm waiting to get my rig updated first.
                                Last edited by 0lento; 09-11-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X