NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sudey View Post
    I am Russian. Help me. We make a game with a small team. And I would like to look like voxel illumination. I previously assembled the engine, I now that does not work. You can collect the engine. It must be UE4.21.and then upload to torrent, and I download or somewhere, but so that I download.
    You can't redist UE4 editor binaries in a torrent, it's against the terms
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
      1. Chaos isn't released
      2. Chaos will not be production ready in a LONG time. I'd guess it'll take few years to mature to a point where it's actually usable (Epic can prove me wrong here, this is just based on their past iteration times of similar level big new systems).
      3. We have very little idea on what are the true strengths of Chaos Physics beyond the things demonstrated on the destruction demo. There's almost zero info on the actual physics simulation qualities and what users doing physics sims can do with it.
      In theory Chaos API should be production ready with UE 4.24 while still in beta/preview in the upcoming 4.23 to test it out and report any bugs... which means by Q4 '19 it should be possible to use Chaos API expecting only minor bugs (or no bugs .. although that is usually almost impossible)
      Last edited by DarkS474; 06-06-2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. Yesterday I installed waveworks into ue4 4.19. And I cant find ANY documentation/tutorials. Nothing. Anybody know where can I find it? P.S. sorry for my eng

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

In theory Chaos API should be production ready with UE 4.24 while still in beta/preview in the upcoming 4.23 to test it out and report any bugs... which means by Q4 '19 it should be possible to use Chaos API expecting only minor bugs (or no bugs .. although that is usually almost impossible)
          My estimates are educated guesses from using UE4 for past 5 years, it never evolves as fast as you suggest. This is a completely new physics engine we are talking about, not some minor change (it took even several engine versions to get PhysX 3.4 upgrade stable with Unreal).

I just try to set people to have realistic expectations.
          https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Hey Olento can you tell me how to get wheel hit results from ue4's wheeled vehicle wheels thru a c++ function library, like maybe a code snippet or something? I want to get surface material and at track and particle effects to it without additional traces. I mean if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by porckchop View Post
              Hey Olento can you tell me how to get wheel hit results from ue4's wheeled vehicle wheels thru a c++ function library, like maybe a code snippet or something? I want to get surface material and at track and particle effects to it without additional traces. I mean if you can.
              I don't know if that's exposed, I also don't use wheeled vehicles, I'd start by checking the classes if they expose the hits but I doubt they do. You can just do linetraces yourself per wheel etc.

Comment

That offroad vehicle demo in the learn tab has the code for it.

Comment

I figured there would be a more efficient way, but i guess making line traces should work, I just wanted to use there existing traces. But Thanks guys.

Comment

Hello. I faced with problem that I can't access to gameworks repository after linking GitHub and Epic accounts 1 week ago.

Comment

Hey guys,

Does anybody had problem with 0lento GameWorks builds?

This crashing every time I am opening large projects like Character Interaction, or maps from Soul: City, Soul: Cave.

Showing message: Array index out of bounds
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CRYOMEN View Post
                        Does anybody had problem with 0lento GameWorks builds?

This crashing every time I am opening large projects like Character Interaction, or maps from Soul: City, Soul: Cave.

Showing message: Array index out of bounds
                        You sure this is specific to the GW branch? Can you check if you get that same error on stock UE 4.21.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanisgrox View Post
                          Hello. I faced with problem that I can't access to gameworks repository after linking GitHub and Epic accounts 1 week ago.
                          You have to be logged into that github account you linked to see the ue4 repos.

Comment

You sure this is specific to the GW branch? Can you check if you get that same error on stock UE 4.21.2?
                            Thank you 0lento

Good question. I checked this in UE 4.21.2 from the stock, and it seems okay. All three (Character Interaction, Soul City, Soul Cave) passed the load test.
                            Also I had non GW custom build of UE 4.21, it worked fine too.

Just in case Soul City and Soul Cave are available for free at Marketplace, so it will be easy to reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by CRYOMEN View Post
                              Just in case Soul City and Soul Cave are available for free at Marketplace, so it will be easy to reproduce.
                              Can you give more specific repro instructions? Just to make sure, you are running this on Windows, right? (Windows is requirement for GameWorks itself)

I just did fresh build for my 4.21-GameWorks and opened Soul: Cave with it. It worked fine in the editor without errors (I also opened all included maps with it just to make sure it's not some specific level that triggers the error). It also worked fine when I packaged it with Shipping & 64-bit conf and ran the result in standalone so there's not much I can do from my end unless you can give more specific repro case I'm afraid :/

edit: I originally opened Soul: Cave as a blueprint project. I now also tested Soul: City with c++ project as well but it works fine on my end too, all levels load up fine. Both tested on my 4.21.2 GameWorks branch.

Also, have you used the branch with or without WaveWorks? The branch I'm testing with now doesn't have WaveWorks.
                              Last edited by 0lento; 06-30-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Also, have you used the branch with or without WaveWorks? The branch I'm testing with now doesn't have WaveWorks.
                                Hmm, that's weird. I tested these in both with and without WaveWorks branches. I am running this on Windows 10. GameWorks test projects are running just fine.

The steps as below:
                                1. Create a new project
                                2. In the EPIC launcher add Soul: Cave into project. Select version as 4.21
                                3. In the new project open Soul: Cave map
                                4. At this point it will crash
                                Last edited by CRYOMEN; 07-03-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X