NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
    I tested it with the Gynoid scene and (I imagine) it did add up, the letters in the back got almost black.

It looked much better after I disabled the normal AO post process and tweaked to HBAO+ settings down.
    How did you disable normal AO (SSAO)? I want to disbale it to test HBAO+.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\FLEX-0.25\doc
      There is also a very nice documentation on how to author Flex assets in UE4 located at
      \UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Documentation\

Comment

It's Boolean, just 'false' (0) or 'true' (1). With ambient occlusion mode 'true', there is no diffuse or specular indirect lighting, but there is ambient lighting with its intensity controlled by r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionScale.

The standard AO solutions (including UE4's SSAO) should still be supported with our VXGI integration.
        The SSAO is applied to the UE base lighting, and to our VXGI Diffuse term before adding it to the scene color buffer:
        SceneColor = ScreenSpaceData.AmbientOcclusion float4(GBuffer.DiffuseColor x ScreenSpaceData.VxgiDiffuse, 0);

To see VXGI's 'Voxel AO', try typing "r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1" in the console

and then "r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionScale XX" to scale the AO output by XX if needed; this will do AO-only rendering which can be useful to fine-tune opacity voxelization.

--Mike
        Thanks it works: increasing the scale gets you brighter shades and vice-versa.

Hi,

I've pushed a new branch, HBAO+. I took these screenshots from a lighting demo level I downloaded in the marketplace. These pictures show HBAO+ enabled/disabled. There's nothing special required to use HBAO+ with your existing levels in this branch, just type "r.HBAO.Enable 1" at the console.

--Mike
        Thank you for that branch, HBAO+ is among the best (if not the best) AO techniques. This still worries me more about the utility and the efficiency of VXGI:if you need to enable SSR and HBAO+ to get reflections and AO with it, while I thought VXGI is able to generate dynamic direct and indirect diffuse/specular and AO according to the movements of the light source(when you the light source moves, of course every resulting effect I mentionned of it changes to some extent according to the lightsource position), without needing any extra hellp from post-process solutions like SSR or HBAO+ (at leats from what your videos tried to make us believe).

Anyway, if this is the case, I really hope you create a branch including all game works together so we can enjoy both VXGI and HBAO+ at the same time. Thanks!

I also hope you collaborate with Epic to integrate IBL (Image Based Lighting) in UE4 coupled with VXGI to get the best results with PBR just like Mizuchi engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYX9I3ONHc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnTYhlxi-Cs#t=12

PS: anyone could help how to disable the normal AO (SSAO), in any scene in general so I can enable HABO+? Thanks !
        Last edited by Nudlegaru; 02-24-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

New example of HBAO+

Enabled:Click image for larger version

Name:	HBAO+_ON2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1067074

Disabled:Click image for larger version

Name:	HBAO+_OFF2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1067075

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
            Thanks it works: increasing the scale gets you brighter shades and vice-versa.

Thank you for that branch, HBAO+ is among the best (if not the best) AO techniques. This still worries me more about the utility and the efficiency of VXGI:if you need to enable SSR and HBAO+ to get reflections and AO with it, while I thought VXGI is able to generate dynamic direct and indirect diffuse/specular and AO according to the movements of the light source(when you the light source moves, of course every resulting effect I mentionned of it changes to some extent according to the lightsource position), without needing any extra hellp from post-process solutions like SSR or HBAO+ (at leats from what your videos tried to make us believe).

Anyway, if this is the case, I really hope you create a branch including all game works together so we can enjoy both VXGI and HBAO+ at the same time. Thanks!

I also hope you collaborate with Epic to integrate IBL (Image Based Lighting) in UE4 coupled with VXGI to get the best results with PBR just like Mizuchi engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYX9I3ONHc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnTYhlxi-Cs#t=12

PS: anyone could help how to disable the normal AO (SSAO), in any scene in general so I can enable HABO+? Thanks !
            You do not need to enable HBAO+ with VXGI, there is a 'Voxel AO' option within VXGI. We are offering branches for HBAO+ and VXGI concurrently because there is yet no such thing as a single solution for all possible use cases, and developers should experiment with these techniques to determine which is best for any particular game and performance target.

I will be publishing an 'all in one' branch with all GameWorks features combined as soon as possible.

--Mike

Comment

New example of HBAO+

Enabled:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26887[/ATTACH]

Disabled:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26888[/ATTACH]
              Good example, where did you get sych example from? Will you release it?

You do not need to enable HBAO+ with VXGI, there is a 'Voxel AO' option within VXGI. We are offering branches for HBAO+ and VXGI concurrently because there is yet no such thing as a single solution for all possible use cases, and developers should experiment with these techniques to determine which is best for any particular game and performance target.

I will be publishing an 'all in one' branch with all GameWorks features combined as soon as possible.

--Mike
              Thank you very much. BTW, 4.7 is up just right now, please update all the branches and create the new branch for 4.7. Great thanks.

Comment

Good example, where did you get sych example from? Will you release it?

Thank you very much. BTW, 4.7 is up just right now, please update all the branches and create the new branch for 4.7. Great thanks.
                One of the developers on the VXGI team gave me those screenshots, I'll inquire as to releasing the assets.

I'll be working on the 4.7 upgrade ASAP, but it will take some time.

--Mike

Comment

Mike, any news about that Automationtool error I got while packaging the VXGI project?

Click the tiny bird!
                  It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                    Mike, any news about that Automationtool error I got while packaging the VXGI project?
                    No news yet, sorry. Very busy week of GDC prep. We'll get to it ASAP.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

No news yet, sorry. Very busy week of GDC prep. We'll get to it ASAP.

Thanks,
                      Mike
                      No worries Mike! I'm trying to fix it myself, if I found the turn around I'll let you know!

Click the tiny bird!
                      It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

One of the developers on the VXGI team gave me those screenshots, I'll inquire as to releasing the assets.

I'll be working on the 4.7 upgrade ASAP, but it will take some time.

--Mike
                        Thank you. Is it possible to merge all these gameworks in 4.7?
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                          Thank you. Is it possible to merge all these gameworks in 4.7?
                          It should be. I haven't looked at the 4.6 to 4.7 changes yet. If the rendering pipeline changed significantly, it might require some effort to update the various branches, but once that is done, it should combine into a single branch fairly easily. I hope.

Comment

It should be. I haven't looked at the 4.6 to 4.7 changes yet. If the rendering pipeline changed significantly, it might require some effort to update the various branches, but once that is done, it should combine into a single branch fairly easily. I hope.
                            Oh.. you just made my day!
                            Thank you!

Comment

Here are the new features: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-4-7-Released!

and the full list : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...4_7/index.html

I don't know if the new lighting system for the foliage may interfere with VXGI and your upcoming Turf effects, you should take a look at it. Thanks !

Comment

Here are the new features: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-4-7-Released!

and the full list : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...4_7/index.html

I don't know if the new lighting system for the foliage may interfere with VXGI and your upcoming Turf effects, you should take a look at it. Thanks !
                                woa wait. Is Turf coming too? O.O

Comment

Working...
                                X