No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you guys messing with 4.20 when it has a lot of issues, especially with physics, shouldn't you be messing with 4.21. At least.

Comment

The main issue with FleX is just the work amount, I haven't encountered any showstoppers there, I just simply don't have time to fix all the issues. Main thing that will keep people busy who will try to port it to 4.21 is the physics changes but you can find plenty of examples of the new physics interface on the code base (this is how I ported Blast to 4.21).....

Comment

edulofter Hi. Can you explain to me how to move flex last stable release for ue4 (it's 19.2 version) to 21.1.2 i.e to a repository "GameWorks" by 0lento ? How i can start to do it? I'm a beginner but i very, very need it. Any advice will be very highly rated.

Comment

ahmadsy1 he was quoting my post from last month (I dunno why):
          Originally posted by 0lento View Post
          The main issue with FleX is just the work amount, I haven't encountered any showstoppers there, I just simply don't have time to fix all the issues. Main thing that will keep people busy who will try to port it to 4.21 is the physics changes but you can find plenty of examples of the new physics interface on the code base (this is how I ported Blast to 4.21).
          https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

0lento I tried to build. But, of course, i got so many stupid errors, which was never appearing in early versions.

Comment

Hey anyone knows how to Interact with an Hairworks Component?

Means when my Hero Have 1 Hairworks Asset(Material) how can i change variable from this Material?

This is Kinda Bad, nothing works, and i get everytime returning hairworksmat_0 on debugging.

(blueprint)

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadsy1 View Post
                0lento I tried to build. But, of course, i got so many stupid errors, which was never appearing in early versions.
                This is expected as nobody has ported FleX fully to 4.21. If anyone wants to get it running, they need to first learn git and how UE4's c++ engine code works and then spend from few days to weeks to fix it (depending on your skill level and how fast you work).
                https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Olento is Blast completely implemented as plugin? Or does it require engine modifications to use in stock 4.21.2?
                  https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Blast is included in regular ue4 4.22 branch. It requires some engine changes for 4.21

Comment

Awesome - thank you!

Unfortunately, when I enable plugin in 4.22 Preview I get:

" Plugin BlastPlugin failed to load because module BlastAuthoring could not be loaded. There may be operating system error or the module may not be properly setup"

:-(
                      Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 02-18-2019, 12:54 PM.
                      https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

OptimisticMonkey

Maybe you need to change BuildID in .modules files? It could coincide with other module files.

Comment

what ever happen to VXGI 1 in 4.19?
                          can anyone VXGI 1 or VXGI 2 working in 4.22 ?

Comment

Hi 0lento,
                            thanks for your amazing work, I've just cloned your repo (gameworks 4.21 at https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GameWorks) and it seems to have some problem with sample scene of waveworks (the little scene, with a little tub.

You can find attached the crash screenshot.

I've also created an empty scene, and it crashed again in the moment I dragged WaterPlane_Blueprint, so I suppose it's an issue related to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	waveworks_4.21_bug.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1586352

Comment

Hi 0lento
                              thanks for your amazing work! Almost everything seems to be fine!
                              Just one little thing: I'm trying to use waveworks example project and it happens to crash both when I open the little example scene (the little tub, not the ocean one) and when I drag the WaterPlane_Blueprint onto an empty scene, or just opening that BP.
                              The problem seems to be confined to that BP. Since I'm starting a project with wavework, I need to know if it's safe enough to use this 4.21 version rather than 4.19 official release.
                              That being said, could you confirm that is just some broken shader of that BP and nothing more to worry about?

I've attached a screenshot of the crash.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
                              Dario

Comment

Originally posted by Darix89 View Post
                                Hi 0lentoI'm trying to use waveworks example project and it happens to crash both when I open the little example scene (the little tub, not the ocean one) and when I drag the WaterPlane_Blueprint onto an empty scene, or just opening that BP.
                                The problem seems to be confined to that BP.
                                I've only tested this with the default WaveWorks scene, it's possible there's some breaking changes for some existing BPs (in my experience BPs can be super fragile if the underlying c++ class changes, I've had my share of corrupted BPs due to that). I can't promise when I have time to look at this but can check it out next time I update the repo. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Working...
                                X