NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
    Hi, I have downloaded and build the Flex branch, and I was wondering about authoring tools, is there going to be a Maya/Max plugin or is it being built in to Physx Lab?
    There is no connection between FleX and PhysX Lab at this point, and none planned. FleX authoring is being built straight into the UE4 editor.

Comment

Hi,

I've pushed a new branch, HBAO+. I took these screenshots from a lighting demo level I downloaded in the marketplace. These pictures show HBAO+ enabled/disabled. There's nothing special required to use HBAO+ with your existing levels in this branch, just type "r.HBAO.Enable 1" at the console.

Enabled: Click image for larger version

Name:	HBAO+_ON2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1067072
      Disabled:Click image for larger version

Name:	HBAO+_OFF2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1067073

--Mike

Edit: replaced images with a better example of on/off.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-24-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Mike, I'm having issues building a project of mine for testing in other computers (VXGI branch), the "RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully." is the one I'm getting each time it tries to build the DLL for VXGI, is there something I'm missing?

Click the tiny bird!
        It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
          Mike, I'm having issues building a project of mine for testing in other computers (VXGI branch), the "RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully." is the one I'm getting each time it tries to build the DLL for VXGI, is there something I'm missing?
          Is it Win7, or Win8.1? Could you post the whole build log?

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

I have been following this thread for awhile. I am very interested in NVIDIA's game technology, but I am wondering what the process for getting these working is. Does it require a specific license to use these features, or is it available to everyone?
            --
            Joshua
            Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
            www.joshuaezzell.com
            www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
              I have been following this thread for awhile. I am very interested in NVIDIA's game technology, but I am wondering what the process for getting these working is. Does it require a specific license to use these features, or is it available to everyone?
              It is available to everyone with a UE4 subscription. Anything we post on the Github fork is freely available to UE4 licensees, per the Unreal Engine EULA.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                Hi,

I've pushed a new branch, HBAO+. I took these screenshots from a lighting demo level I downloaded in the marketplace. These pictures show HBAO+ enabled/disabled. There's nothing special required to use HBAO+ with your existing levels in this branch, just type "r.HBAO.Enable 1" at the console.

Enabled:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26794[/ATTACH]

Disabled:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26796[/ATTACH]

--Mike
                Second image looks more realistic imo (the one with HBAO+ turned off).

Comment

Is it Win7, or Win8.1? Could you post the whole build log?

Thanks,
                  Mike
                  Win 7 64 bits, here's the log Mike!
                  Attached Files

Click the tiny bird!
                  It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                    Yea too heavy. Maybe it gets added up with all other possible AO options, in the first image

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                      Yea too heavy. Maybe it gets added up with all other possible AO options, in the first image
                      I would guess it was posted more to show what it does rather than optimal usage.
                      Exaggerating the effect makes it much easier to see the quality.

Comment

I tested it with the Gynoid scene and (I imagine) it did add up, the letters in the back got almost black.

It looked much better after I disabled the normal AO post process and tweaked to HBAO+ settings down.
                        Last edited by Mikand79; 02-24-2015, 08:45 AM. Reason: blrp

Comment

There is no connection between FleX and PhysX Lab at this point, and none planned. FleX authoring is being built straight into the UE4 editor.
                          Thanks, do you have an eta. for documentation and/or tutorial videos?

EDIT - Found the documentation, note to self, always look in all the folders.
                          Last edited by Number47; 02-24-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                            Thanks, do you have an eta. for documentation and/or tutorial videos?

EDIT - Found the documentation, note to self, always look in all the folders.
                            What? A flex documentation? where is it located?

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                              Those aren't the best screenshots to show, sorry for that, I didn't tune the settings at all and personally I like the effect of the heavy shadows in the corners, realistic or not. One of the HBAO+ team is picking a better scene, with better tuning, to show the advantages more clearly. I'll post them soon.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                                What? A flex documentation? where is it located?
                                Basic FleX documentation is here:

UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\FLEX-0.25\doc

and the UE4-specific FleX documentation is here:

UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Documentation
                                Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-24-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X