Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    Someone could also throw in Volumetric Lighting as well along with now released PhysX 4.0 ;D

    People remember your comments from past few pages, no need to request the same thing every second post. If someone is working on these, I'm sure you'll hear about it.
    olento we and many people wait for you

    Comment


      I may try to get everything in 4.21 if I upgrade past 4.19, I dont really have a personal reason to though....

      Comment


        An update for those interested in WaveWorks. I've now got WaveWorks working in 4.21. 0lento is helping me clean it up and test it. Hopefully it can be merged with the other GameWorks tech in a few days.....

        Comment


          Does this https://github.com/windystrife/Unrea...AGameWorks#mac build on Mac 10.14? I got compiling errors under Xcode 10 and older versions I'm not the only one having problems building gamewors on Mac Than you.

          Comment


            Flex for 4.21 Please Anyone

            Comment


              Like mechadeck (TritonSailor) mentioned, he's been working on WaveWorks for 4.21 for a while. I took his changes (thanks for all the work!), made some small tweaks and WaveWorks is now on 4.21-GameWorks branch. I'm not super happy about the Nvidia GPU dependency on WaveWorks but VXGI2 is even more limited in terms of supported GPUs so I merged it in anyway. This also triggered some build issues with TXAA so had to fix those as well. Here's link and full list again:

              https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GameWorks (UE 4.21.1, Nvidia Blast, Flow, HairWorks, HBAO+, TXAA, WaveWorks and VXGI 2)

              Worth noting that I don't know what happens with the WaveWorks on VR so no guarantees it works there..

              Tagging LexCurtis, as you were asking about WaveWorks before.
              Last edited by 0lento; 03-11-2019, 10:05 AM.
              https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

              Comment


                Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                Like mechadeck (TritonSailor) mentioned, he's been working on WaveWorks for 4.21 for a while. I took his changes (thanks for all the work!), made some small tweaks and WaveWorks is now on 4.21-GameWorks branch. I'm not super happy about the Nvidia GPU dependency on WaveWorks but VXGI2 is even more limited in terms of supported GPUs so I merged it in anyway. This also triggered some build issues with TXAA so had to fix those as well. Here's link and full list again:

                https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GameWorks (UE 4.21.1, PhysX additions, Nvidia Blast, Flow, HairWorks, HBAO+, TXAA, WaveWorks and VXGI 2)

                Worth noting that I don't know what happens with the WaveWorks on VR so no guarantees it works there..

                Tagging LexCurtis, 最后的馒头 as you were asking about WaveWorks before.
                oh no thank you olento but Flex and Volumetric light need this branch

                Comment


                  Originally posted by samrat333 View Post

                  karma4jake
                  can you merge flex in 4.21????
                  Originally posted by porckchop View Post
                  Flex for 4.21 Please Anyone
                  Originally posted by enoes View Post

                  oh no thank you olento but Flex and Volumetric light need this branch
                  If you have spare time (I don't have atm) and want to fix these yourself, here are my WIP branches. Both have README.md that has notes in the beginning what's broken:

                  https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...21-GW-FleX-WIP
                  https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GW-VL-WIP

                  Do not expect these to work - they don't.
                  https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 0lento View Post





                    If you have spare time (I don't have atm) and want to fix these yourself, here are my WIP branches. Both have README.md that has notes in the beginning what's broken:

                    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...21-GW-FleX-WIP
                    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GW-VL-WIP

                    Do not expect these to work - they don't.
                    flex and volumetric light will work ? DXR is damage any gameworks ???

                    Comment


                      Thank you very much for the work of 0lento and mechadeck, which allows us to use Wavework in 4.21. So far, it's really hard to find a better ocean solution than Waveworks.

                      Comment


                        Im getting this error everytime i tried to run setup, any ideas?

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1566933

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by malcriado View Post
                          Im getting this error everytime i tried to run setup, any ideas?
                          Your folder path is too long (UE4 itself has pretty long path and your system path + ue4's paths just don't fit into that limitation). Place ue4 closer to root folder to fix it.
                          https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                            Your folder path is too long (UE4 itself has pretty long path and your system path + ue4's paths just don't fit into that limitation). Place ue4 closer to root folder to fix it.
                            Thank you for 0lento. We found that it seems impossible to apply Waveworks to static grid objects in Waveworks testing. When we use Waveworks StaticMesh component, it will cause engine crash directly. Even the blueprint of Waveworks testing project itself is the same. This seems normal in 4,20 Waveworks?

                            This BUG has been found in the current testing of Waveworks, and other content runs perfectly.

                            Comment


                              Has anyone tried using flex with 4.21? i mean does it work at all for you?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by porckchop View Post
                                Has anyone tried using flex with 4.21? i mean does it work at all for you?
                                error only not success

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X