NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post

RTX is a higher priority tech currently.
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear it!
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

thank you olento

Comment

thank you olento. You are great !!.

One little thing !!. Can you please add waveworks to your branch ?
        Please

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Colby View Post
          thank you olento. You are great !!.

One little thing !!. Can you please add waveworks to your branch ?
          Please
          It seems that everyone is looking forward to Waveworks. It's true that there's no better surface effect in the engine than Waveworks.

Comment

Waveworks we get from Nvidia is cuda only (runs only on Nvidia GPUs) which is the main reason I've not bothered including it in past (I'm not super happy about Maxwell+ restriction on VXGI2 either). It also had some shader conflict in past with some other GameWorks tech (but can't remember which one it was). This would have essentially caused either waveworks or the other tech render normals etc incorrectly.

I can see if it's easy to include in the future but no promises, in past others added WaveWorks to my or others merges so it's possible someone else does it anyway.
            Last edited by 0lento; 11-30-2018, 05:43 AM.
            https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

thanks olento

Comment

Thanks Olento

Comment

Thanks Olento for those repo. ! Spared me lifetime and i appreciate it, been using your Gameworks 4.21 smoothly last couple days.
                  LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

I'm getting shader compiler error for some of my materials with the new VXGI2-4.21 branch. I didn't get this error in v.4.20 an earlier VXGI builds.
                    Using this now:
                    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.21

Any idea how to fix this?
                    Thanks.

Error:
                    LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/OldTavern/Materials/Master/MAT_Wood.MAT_Wood for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.
                    LogShaderCompilers: Display: GI_UserDefinedShaderFactoryD3D11.cpp(580): Cannot compile shader: UserDefined\\VoxelizePS.hlsl(407,5): warning X4000: use of potentially uninitialized variable (VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance)
                    /Engine/Private/ShadowProjectionCommon.ush(25,24-52): err0r X4510: maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded
                    LogShaderCompilers: Display: (): VxgiCompiler->compileVoxelizationPixelShader failed: Status=12

I have searched for "VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance" in the whole code and only find two file that using this variable:
                    • Engine\Shaders\VXGIVoxelizationPixelShader.usf
                    • Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\include\GFSDK_VXGI.h

Comment

Originally posted by Kristof Dely View Post
                      I'm getting shader compiler error for some of my materials with the new VXGI2-4.21 branch. I didn't get this error in v.4.20 an earlier VXGI builds.
                      Using this now:
                      https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.21

Any idea how to fix this?
                      Thanks.

Error:
                      LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/OldTavern/Materials/Master/MAT_Wood.MAT_Wood for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.
                      LogShaderCompilers: Display: GI_UserDefinedShaderFactoryD3D11.cpp(580): Cannot compile shader: UserDefined\\VoxelizePS.hlsl(407,5): warning X4000: use of potentially uninitialized variable (VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance)
                      /Engine/Private/ShadowProjectionCommon.ush(25,24-52): err0r X4510: maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded
                      LogShaderCompilers: Display: (): VxgiCompiler->compileVoxelizationPixelShader failed: Status=12

I have searched for "VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance" in the whole code and only find two file that using this variable:
                      • Engine\Shaders\VXGIVoxelizationPixelShader.usf
                      • Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\include\GFSDK_VXGI.h
                      Forget it. This is not related to VXGI, sorry. This is an engine limitation.
                      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...s-than-16.html
                      The big question, why I didn't get this error in earlier versions? I didn't modify anything in my materials, just upgraded to UE 4.21.

Comment

Nice going 0lento, it seems to work great. ( VXGI2 + gameworks 4.21, that is. )
                        But I'm curious, why does VXGI AO disable HBAO?
                        I've done a couple scenes where I adjust multiple different AO types to get some extra control out of it. (For animation clips, or stills.)

And I could have sworn it was possible to combine them before?
                        VXAO + SSAO works, but HBAO doesn't work with either one.

Per the info on the branch SSAO and HBAO are exclusive, you have to go with one or the other. But does this extend to VXAO as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ax448 View Post
                          But I'm curious, why does VXGI AO disable HBAO?
                          I've done a couple scenes where I adjust multiple different AO types to get some extra control out of it. (For animation clips, or stills.)

And I could have sworn it was possible to combine them before?
                          HBAO+ is moved to ScreenSpaceAO on my fork (commit here) so it will a) work in forward b) take light and shadows into account when AO is applied, just like UE4 SSAO. There isn't toggle for this so if you want the old behavior (HBAO+ rendered on top of everything), you can just revert the commit that makes this change if you've cloned the git repo, from commandline and using 4.21-Gameworks the command to revert this specific commit would be

git revert cace42d
                          https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

0lento will you add Volumetric Lighting soon? You had it in 4.20 so I was wondering about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                              HBAO+ is moved to ScreenSpaceAO on my fork (commit here) so it will a) work in forward b) take light and shadows into account when AO is applied, just like UE4 SSAO. There isn't toggle for this so if you want the old behavior (HBAO+ rendered on top of everything), you can just revert the commit that makes this change if you've cloned the git repo, from commandline and using 4.21-Gameworks the command to revert this specific commit would be
                              Alright, thanks for the solution too, I'll mess around with the current implementation a bit and see how it works out in practice for me, and compare it to the old solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                                FleX is tedious to port atm as like mentioned before it requires a lot of manual work due to the underlying UE 4.21 physics interface changes. I'm currently testing a new 4.21-GameWorks build, will post details once I've verified it works (FleX isn't included, sorry).
                                Good day! As I understand it, in the coming days you will not engage in integration FleX in UE 4.21. But should we expect integration in the next few months?

Comment

Working...
                                X