NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
    I still can't seem to get point light shadows voxelized - its either something to do with the GSceneRenderTargets.GetCubeShadowDepthZTexture(ProjectedShadowInfo->ResolutionX) not actually returning a cubemap depth texture, or maybe my projection matrices are wrong.

Are you guys looking into this Mike?
    Also, particles don't seem to get voxelized either, even when I enable vxgi in the materials.
    I read in another comment before (and I noticed that too) even ambient occlusion doesn't show up in realtime even enabled by the command. Did you manage to make it work? Please don't tell me you need to enable it using SSAO or HBAO+ or anything else like you did for SSR otherwise VXGI has no use and is obsolete. In the museum video, the person talking clearly showed realtime AO on the dinosaur etc.

Comment

I still can't seem to get point light shadows voxelized - its either something to do with the GSceneRenderTargets.GetCubeShadowDepthZTexture(ProjectedShadowInfo->ResolutionX) not actually returning a cubemap depth texture, or maybe my projection matrices are wrong.

Also, particles don't seem to get voxelized either, even when I enable vxgi in the materials.
      Yeah spotlight, point lights are something :P Not working for me too
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
        ain't there like hundreds of lights though? i could see why it crawled to 9fps.
        But anyway, awesome cave lightning, reminds me of this game trailer:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXAa5TCrUfM
        LoL, yea, there's 89 Point Lights. So it's a bit overkill but still looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
          Hmm, Dunno. If the light on the arches is indirect, the light has to bounce off of something, then off the arches, then off the floor...two bounces. But if the light is coming from the screens, which are actually emitting light themselves, then the light on the arches is direct, and the floor should show an image of the first bounce. I think. I'll ask for an explanation.

--Mike
          It appears that because emissive materials are not treated the same as lights, the illumination of the arches by the screens is the 'first bounce', so we would need a 'second bounce' to see the reflection of the illuminated arches in the floor.

--Mike

Comment

It's in the queue, but please understand that we are swamped with GDC prep this week.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
              I read in another comment before (and I noticed that too) even ambient occlusion doesn't show up in realtime even enabled by the command. Did you manage to make it work? Please don't tell me you need to enable it using SSAO or HBAO+ or anything else like you did for SSR otherwise VXGI has no use and is obsolete. In the museum video, the person talking clearly showed realtime AO on the dinosaur etc.
              By which command exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by melak47 View Post
                Can I ask how you are getting the reflections to work?
                With r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable disabled, I get screenspace reflections - but that only works for high gloss surfaces.
                With r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable on, I find that reflective surfaces will only reflect direct light:

All attempts to use reflection captures or environment maps with specular tracing just gave me completely black reflections...
                To the best of my knowledge, all directly lit surfaces should have been reflected on that specular ball. We'll look into this ASAP, but it's a busy week with GDC coming up.

EDIT: One of the VXGI guys explained this to me, I didn't understand what the image was saying. It appears that there is a single spotlight in the scene, it is illuminating a patch on the wall _directly_, and then the light makes a first bounce off of the ceiling, walls, etc., which are therefore lit indirectly; the directly illuminated spot on the wall also makes a first bounce off of the reflection ball; but the indirect light from the ceiling and walls does not make a _second_ bounce off of the reflection ball because VXGI is limited to a single bounce.

We are working on a solution for this.

--Mike
                Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-23-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Will you guys show HairWorks for UE4 at GDC?
                  ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                    Will you guys show HairWorks for UE4 at GDC?
                    I don't know yet.

Comment

It appears that because emissive materials are not treated the same as lights, the illumination of the arches by the screens is the 'first bounce', so we would need a 'second bounce' to see the reflection of the illuminated arches in the floor.

--Mike
                      Told you so !

By which command exactly?
                      I thought this one: r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode but I don't know what values to enter to enable it or what does it do to start with.

Comment

Told you so !

I thought this one: r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode but I don't know what values to enter to enable it or what does it do to start with.
                        Regarding 'told you so', sorry for the confusion. It seems to me that 'emissive' should mean "it's a light", but apparently that's not the way it works in the pipeline. Clearly we'll need some better solution for that.

I'll check on the AO modes.

Comment

Regarding 'told you so', sorry for the confusion. It seems to me that 'emissive' should mean "it's a light", but apparently that's not the way it works in the pipeline. Clearly we'll need some better solution for that.

Ok thanks

It's in the queue, but please understand that we are swamped with GDC prep this week.

--Mike
                          I hope you show your new GTX1000 and 1100 Pascal cards (which you will) and I hope you will release them THIS YEAR because I really can't bear it anymore and you know the feeling when you are stuck with sth that can't do anything. Lol , I really need to cool down, otherwise I will break my laptop, and I need to get a new PC this year and I can't wait for next year. Anyway, I hope you won't disappoint me. Where can I watch your live streams please? Thanks

Comment

Ok thanks

I hope you show your new GTX1000 and 1100 Pascal cards (which you will) and I hope you will release them THIS YEAR because I really can't bear it anymore and you know the feeling when you are stuck with sth that can't do anything. Lol , I really need to cool down, otherwise I will break my laptop, and I need to get a new PC this year and I can't wait for next year. Anyway, I hope you won't disappoint me. Where can I watch your live streams please? Thanks
                            LOL. I hate to break the news, but NVIDIA is much bigger than just me. I have no control over GPU release schedules, but I'll pass your enthusiastic requests up the chain, and I'll post a link to the live streams when I come across them.

--Mike

Comment

It's Boolean, just 'false' (0) or 'true' (1). With ambient occlusion mode 'true', there is no diffuse or specular indirect lighting, but there is ambient lighting with its intensity controlled by r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionScale.

The standard AO solutions (including UE4's SSAO) should still be supported with our VXGI integration.
                              The SSAO is applied to the UE base lighting, and to our VXGI Diffuse term before adding it to the scene color buffer:
                              SceneColor = ScreenSpaceData.AmbientOcclusion float4(GBuffer.DiffuseColor x ScreenSpaceData.VxgiDiffuse, 0);

To see VXGI's 'Voxel AO', try typing "r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1" in the console

and then "r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionScale XX" to scale the AO output by XX if needed; this will do AO-only rendering which can be useful to fine-tune opacity voxelization.

--Mike
                              Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-23-2015, 04:58 PM. Reason: Clarify

Comment

Hi, I have downloaded and build the Flex branch, and I was wondering about authoring tools, is there going to be a Maya/Max plugin or is it being built in to Physx Lab?

Comment

Working...
                                X