No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished porting WaveWorks to 4.20 yesterday, there's still some minor fixes to be done to the materials in the sample scenes, but the integration itself should work as expected. Check it out here if you're interested:

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEn...4.20-WaveWorks

If you find something and/or have a fix for the materials, please let me know. sieumeo here you go.
    Last edited by HaBe2305; 10-24-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaBe2305 View Post
      Just finished porting WaveWorks to 4.20 yesterday, there's still some minor fixes to be done to the materials in the sample scenes, but the integration itself should work as expected. Check it out here if you're interested:

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEn...4.20-WaveWorks

If you find something and/or have a fix for the materials, please let me know. sieumeo here you go.
      You're my hero! I'm merging it with other Nvidia branches now, will let you know if anything interesting coming up. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post

You're my hero! I'm merging it with other Nvidia branches now, will let you know if anything interesting coming up. Cheers!
        My pleasure. I'm currently merging it into my main branch with all the other NVIDIA tech, and will push it soon, so you even wouldn't have to do that yourself if you wait a bit longer. I'm just testing a bit more that there are no side effects, but currently it looks good. Will push it today then.

Comment

I'm currently merging it into my main branch with all the other NVIDIA tech, and will push it soon, so you even wouldn't have to do that yourself if you wait a bit longer. I'm just testing a bit more that there are no side effects, but currently it looks good. Will push it today then.
          hi please check rectangle light work on hairworks

Comment

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post

hi please check rectangle light work on hairworks
            Yeah, rect lights are new with 4.20, so NVIDIA didn't have that one in mind when creating the integration. I'll look into it and see what can be done about it. What's your main interest here, static lights and/or renders or dynamic lights/gaming environments? Just good to know for on what to focus first with that.

Comment

Hello HaBe2305, are you still planning to make the VXGI branch work?

Comment

Hmmmm... I still can't get this to package.

Code:
                LogSlate: FSceneViewport::OnFocusLost() reason 2
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running AutomationTool...
                LogSlate: FSceneViewport::OnFocusLost() reason 0
                LogSlate: Took 0.000226 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf' (77K)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject="D:/Unreal Projects/FlexTest_2/FlexTest_2/FlexTest_2.uproject" BuildCookRun -nocompileeditor -nop4 -project="D:/Unreal Projects/FlexTest_2/FlexTest_2/FlexTest_2.uproject" -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory="D:/VR GAME/Builds/Test" -package -clientconfig=Shipping -ue4exe=UE
                4Editor-Cmd.exe -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -utf8output -compile
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Compiling scripts.
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     DotNETUtilities -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\DotNETUtilities.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     UnrealBuildTool -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     AutomationUtils.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationUtils.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     AllDesktop.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\AllDesktop\AllDesktop.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     Localization.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Localization.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     OneSkyLocalization.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\OneSkyLocalization.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     AutomationScripts.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\AutomationScripts.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     Android.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Android\Android.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     BuildGraph.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\BuildGraph.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     HTML5.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\HTML5\HTML5.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     MobileDeviceInterface -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\MobileDeviceInterface.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     IOS.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\IOS\IOS.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     Linux.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Linux\Linux.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     Mac.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Mac\Mac.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     TVOS.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\TVOS\TVOS.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     Win.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\Win.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     XLocLocalization.Automation -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\XLocLocalization.Automation.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 1.3858896s to run MSBuild.exe, ExitCode=0
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\bin\MSBuild.exe D:/UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj /verbosity:minimal /nologo /property:Configuration=Development /property:Platform=AnyCPU
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     DotNETUtilities -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\DotNETUtilities.dll
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):     UnrealBuildTool -> D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 0.5141692s to run MSBuild.exe, ExitCode=0
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe FlexTest_2 Win64 Shipping -Project="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject"  "D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject" -NoUBTMakefiles  -remoteini="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2" -sk
                ipdeploy -noxge -generatemanifest -NoHotReload
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 1.5276159s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=0
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe FlexTest_2 Win64 Shipping -Project="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject"  "D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject" -NoUBTMakefiles  -remoteini="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2" -sk
                ipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   Performing 3 actions (4 in parallel)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   Module.WmfMedia.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.15.26726\INCLUDE\vcruntime_new.h(71): error C4577: 'noexcept' used with no exception handling mode specified; termination on exception is not guaranteed. Specify /EHsc
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Binaries\Win64\FlexTest_2-WmfMedia-Win64-Shipping.lib
                PackagingResults: Error: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Binaries\Win64\FlexTest_2-WmfMedia-Win64-Shipping.lib
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   Total build time: 16.23 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 16.4293561s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Command failed (Result:5): D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe FlexTest_2 Win64 Shipping -Project="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject"  "D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject" -NoUBTMakefiles  -remoteini="D:\Unreal Projects\F
                lexTest_2\FlexTest_2" -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.10.25-20.24.48.txt' 
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):        (see D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)
                PackagingResults: Error: Command failed (Result:5): D:\UnrealEngine-PR-FleX-4.19.2\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe FlexTest_2 Win64 Shipping -Project="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject"  "D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2.uproject" -NoUBTMakefiles  -remoteini="D:\Unreal Projects\FlexTest_2\FlexTest_2" -
                skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.10.25-20.24.48.txt' 
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Comment

Just pushed a small but convenient extension for HBAO to the main branch. If HBAO+ is enabled via r.HBAO.Enable, the builtin SSAO is now disabled internally and doesn't render anymore. So no more problems with SSAO overwriting HBAO, no more manual disabling of SSAO in postprocessing volumes etc. HBAO always takes precendence now.
                  Let me know if you find anything fishy related to that.

EDIT: And almost forgot: WaveWorks integration is now also part of the 4.20.3 main branch.

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEngine-GameWorks
                  Last edited by HaBe2305; 10-25-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Just pushed a small but convenient extension for HBAO to the main branch. If HBAO+ is enabled via r.HBAO.Enable, the builtin SSAO is now disabled internally and doesn't render anymore. So no more problems with SSAO overwriting HBAO, no more manual disabling of SSAO in postprocessing volumes etc. HBAO always takes precendence now.
                    Let me know if you find anything fishy related to that.

EDIT: And almost forgot: WaveWorks integration is now also part of the 4.20.3 main branch.

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEngine-GameWorks
                    It's really great, and we're looking forward to the perfect Gameworks 4.20 engine when VXGI comes in!

Comment

Hi everyone. Deformation Car.
                      I was able to do the warp with Flex. Of course there are many problems, but it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjoTW9Idyo&t=1s
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu18pV-9QpQ

tutorial:
                      https://youtu.be/pOxNrkxo29s

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post
                        It's really great, and we're looking forward to the perfect Gameworks 4.20 engine when VXGI comes in!
                        Originally posted by coroner26 View Post
                        Hello HaBe2305, are you still planning to make the VXGI branch work?
                        I know you guys are desperately wanting VXGI in 4.20 just like I do, and I'm doing my best to make it happen. As I said before, the situation right now is pretty complicated, because I can't afford a recent NVIDIA board that supports VXGI - I'm living solely on welfare and can't do regular work anymore to support myself because of health reasons -, so right now I'm confined to reading code and trying to understand what goes on there without actually seeing the result it produces myself. As you can imagine, this takes much longer and is more error prone, but at least it gives me something useful to do and I can pursue my dream a bit. If someone would donate a used VXGI capable NVIDIA card, it would help tremendously, but I'd never ask for it and I'm also not expecting that to happen, because - well, that's how the world goes nowadays you know. So all I can ask for is patience and willingness to go these baby steps with me that I'm able to produce and be my eyes on what they produce. I'm just posting this so you guys can understand better what is going on and why.

Comment

Originally posted by ElizzaRF View Post
                          Hi everyone. Deformation Car.
                          I was able to do the warp with Flex. Of course there are many problems, but it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjoTW9Idyo&t=1s
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu18pV-9QpQ

tutorial:
                          https://youtu.be/pOxNrkxo29s
                          This is beautiful Ivan! That's exactly the effect I'm looking for in my little prototype game, so thank you very much for sharing your solution with a tutorial. It means a lot, really.

Comment

This is beautiful Ivan! That's exactly the effect I'm looking for in my little prototype game, so thank you very much for sharing your solution with a tutorial. It means a lot, really.
                            I hope many will find what they were looking for =)

Comment

Originally posted by bishop86 View Post
                              Hmmmm... I still can't get this to package.
                              Oh, you had THAT issue. It's actually 4.19 issue, not really related to FleX. I put the fix for it on my 4.19-Gameworks but fix isn't in the FleX PR because it's unrelated.

Basically you need to do this change: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...3c26e712a9c70d or if you don't need the media plugin just disable the WMF Media plugin from your project (as it's the one that throws that error on packaging).
                              https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

I know you guys are desperately wanting VXGI in 4.20 just like I do, and I'm doing my best to make it happen. As I said before, the situation right now is pretty complicated, because I can't afford a recent NVIDIA board that supports VXGI - I'm living solely on welfare and can't do regular work anymore to support myself because of health reasons -, so right now I'm confined to reading code and trying to understand what goes on there without actually seeing the result it produces myself. As you can imagine, this takes much longer and is more error prone, but at least it gives me something useful to do and I can pursue my dream a bit. If someone would donate a used VXGI capable NVIDIA card, it would help tremendously, but I'd never ask for it and I'm also not expecting that to happen, because - well, that's how the world goes nowadays you know. So all I can ask for is patience and willingness to go these baby steps with me that I'm able to produce and be my eyes on what they produce. I'm just posting this so you guys can understand better what is going on and why.

It seems that your situation is not very good. I hope your life will soon get better.

I can only help you test BUG on VXGI. The problems I encountered in the last download are consistent with those in ax448, where setting parameters related to VXGI directly causes engine crashes.

Comment

Working...
                                X