NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaBe2305 View Post
    Thanks 0lento, really appreciated. I just found out what the problem is (mostly has to do with a bad auto merge, and partly my fault) and I'm currently going through your whole 4.19 version and comparing and porting it to my 4.20 branch again, this time completely manually. After looking into it again, I also remember now where I stopped porting it. The hardest part is in the SceneRenderTargets code, because Epic changed the shader parameter handling to a uniform buffer architecture, so it takes a bit more porting on that part. But I'm already halfway through and I'm confident (at the momnent at least) that I'll be able to pull it through with some help.

I'll post again here when I'm finished (or can't get further) and the commit is up, so you guys can test it and see what is happening then. I'm sure that we'll make it happen if we all work together on this, it's just a bit unorthodox this way and a bit more time consuming because it needs more iterations than usual (if I could see what my changes actually do in the editor).
    Thank you, finally I can have VXGI in 4.20! I can see you have Waveworks in a different branch, is it because of some conflicts that you separate it or it should be fine to merge them? Cheers!
    Animost Studio

Comment

0lento is there a reason that the ios sdk isn't included in the build?

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post

Thank you, finally I can have VXGI in 4.20! I can see you have Waveworks in a different branch, is it because of some conflicts that you separate it or it should be fine to merge them? Cheers!
        Right now, it's in a different branch because I'm still in the process of sorting things out for a successful port to 4.20 and then in a second step to merge it into the main branch of my fork. I've posted about it here already in hopes of getting some help, mainly because I'm not able to see what my port actually does due to not having a NVIDIA board that is recent enough to support full VXGI. So it will take some time and a couple of iterations until it's ready - that is, unless there's a show stopper that we don't have discovered yet. So my suggestion would be to keep your horses calm for now.

Comment

0lento Small question just to be sure: Do you remember doing any changes to your 4.19 branch besides the code NVIDIA added/changed to make it work, that are NOT marked by some form of comment? Because right now I'm only looking for diffs that clearly have todo with VXGI and I start to suspect that I missed something essential outside of that.

Comment

Sorry, read it again and noticed you were talking about *WaveWorks* in the second part . I'm still in the process of porting it, it's not ready yet. I'll post here as soon as it's done or there's a show stopper that I can't get around. My main goal is to have mostly all GameWorks tech in one build for Cinematic work that I plan on doing, and on the long run to make it easily configurable what GameWorks tech will be included in the final build of the engine without having to do these merges over and over again. But there has quite some work to be done yet until that is going to happen.
            Last edited by HaBe2305; 10-18-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

So I have been using the VR Acoustic Ray Tracing

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...s-Audio-4.15.1

And coming across a few issues when trying to merge it with more recent versions. Any help would be appreciated, as we are attempting to implement VoiceCapture into the Acoustic Ray Tracing and are coming across runtime errors that supposedly have been resolved by version 4.17.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will share the code of the project
              github.com/mrg7/myproject

Comment

Sorry, read it again and noticed you were talking about *WaveWorks* in the second part . I'm still in the process of porting it, it's not ready yet. I'll post here as soon as it's done or there's a show stopper that I can't get around. My main goal is to have mostly all GameWorks tech in one build for Cinematic work that I plan on doing, and on the long run to make it easily configurable what GameWorks tech will be included in the final build of the engine without having to do these merges over and over again. But there has quite some work to be done yet until that is going to happen.
                This is my case too. I'm doing animated series in UE4 and have the luxury of not worrying about real-time performance. I'm having 4.19 with NVidia,TrueSky and a couple other techs and would love to have those upgraded to 4.20 to enjoy the new engine features. Can't wait for your build, cheers!
                Animost Studio

Comment

0lento Small question just to be sure: Do you remember doing any changes to your 4.19 branch besides the code NVIDIA added/changed to make it work, that are NOT marked by some form of comment? Because right now I'm only looking for diffs that clearly have todo with VXGI and I start to suspect that I missed something essential outside of that.
                  For 4.19 merge? I had to do one manual fix to make it compatible with Flow etc if I remember right but I'd still try to make the VXGI first run on standalone 4.20.3 instead of the full gameworks merge.

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

This is my case too. I'm doing animated series in UE4 and have the luxury of not worrying about real-time performance. I'm having 4.19 with NVidia,TrueSky and a couple other techs and would love to have those upgraded to 4.20 to enjoy the new engine features. Can't wait for your build, cheers!
                    Do you have by any chance got WaveWorks with Truesky? I can't seem to get them working together...
                    Last edited by Thijs Linssen; 10-19-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Yes, more and more non-game users are joining UE4, and their performance requirements are far less demanding than game production, more is the pursuit of real-time rendering picture quality, so VXGI in RTX popularization before the high-quality real-time rendering picture can be accessed.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                        For 4.19 merge? I had to do one manual fix to make it compatible with Flow etc if I remember right but I'd still try to make the VXGI first run on standalone 4.20.3 instead of the full gameworks merge.
                        Thanks. That's what I'm doing actually, but only locally on my machine, then merging it into my working branch and pushing it. If there's interest in VXGI only, I can make a new branch in my fork and upload it as well.

Comment

Thanks. That's what I'm doing actually, but only locally on my machine, then merging it into my working branch and pushing it. If there's interest in VXGI only, I can make a new branch in my fork and upload it as well.
                          Yes, if you have VXGI version 4.20 available, even if it only exists VXGI, it still has great significance for us. Too many people who use Unreal Engine to create content other than games, such as animation, architecture, etc., care more about VXGI. If you have VXGI 4.20 version available, even if it is only VXGI, we will be happy to use it. Thank you.

Comment

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEn...ree/4.20-VXGI2

rar file corrupt

Comment

Alright folks, seems like I'm finally on the right way to tame the beast. There are still bugs in there resp. I'm pretty sure that not everything works as it should yet. But the code and shaders compile without errors now and that was the hardest part to achieve.
                              To be able to go on, I need you guys to be my eyes now. I've stripped down the current dev branch to include only VXGI/HBAO/TXAA with the rest being vanilla 4.20.3 to minimize side effects etc. You can find it here now:

https://github.com/HaBe2305/UnrealEn....20-VXGI2-only

Important note: Of course, you shouldn't load any of your existing projects with this yet, just as a reminder.

Please do the following if you find the time: Compile for Development Editor target as usual and after that, run UE. I've enabled shader debug output for the engine to get the most out of what you're doing if errors appear, so pls. be patient when starting the editor and loading projects. It will take like double the time than usual. As soon as you get the Unreal Project Browser screen, please wait until all shaders are compiled and then open the two VXGI example projects sequentially (via the Browse button in the down right corner) in /Samples/NVSamples/VXGI/ and toy around.

Test everything that has VXGI in its name (Light's settings, CVars, ShowFlags etc.), run the projects and see how it behaves when you switch the different modes that are shown in the HUD. Try any combination of VXGI and stadard settings that make sense to you. As soon as you come across something that doesn't seem like to work as it should, please take note and post your observations here. Screenshots of artifacts would also help with that. The more detail, the better.

It would also help if you could PM me the three log files (/Engine/Saved/Logs/UE4-backup-XYZ.log (the first one that was created), /Samples/NvSamples/VXGI/CornellBox/Saved/Logs/CornellBox.log and /Samples/NvSamples/VXGI/SciFiHallway/Saved/Logs/SciFiHallway.log ) after you've got enough.

Have fun finding those little beetles.
                              Last edited by HaBe2305; 10-21-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
                                It worked fine for me when I tried yesterday, make sure it finished downloading and use 7-zip.
                                (But that specific branch doesn't work right now anyhow, so there's no use in trying.)

Alright folks, seems like I'm finally on the right way to tame the beast. There are still bugs in there resp. I'm pretty sure that not everything works as it should yet. But the code and shaders compile without errors now and that was the hardest part to achieve.
                                To be able to go on, I need you guys to be my eyes now. I've stripped down the current dev branch to include only VXGI/HBAO/TXAA with the rest being vanilla 4.20.3 to minimize side effects etc. You can find it here now:
                                Alright, I'll give it a spin and see if I can be of some help, it's the least I can do. Especially since all of you spend so much time whipping these releases into working order.
                                (Sigh, imagine a world where Unreal had robust enough plugin support that Gameworks features could just be implemented as plug-n-play plugins.)

_____
                                Edit: Well HaBe2305 , I gave it a spin, but didn't exactly get far.

Open up CornellBox:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornellbox.PNG
Views:	67
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1542380
                                Open up hallway example:

Name:	Hallwayerror.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1542381

Make an empty Project, that works.
                                Open the PostProcessVolume and enable VXGI Diffuse:

Name:	emptyproject.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1542382

​​​​​​​
                                Last edited by ax448; 10-22-2018, 08:49 AM. Reason: added edit

Comment

Working...
                                X