NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

So the big plan is to Wavework and try to get Truesky to work with it. But first baby steps
    I think I've got Waveworks in my ue4 (atleast i built accordingly) but i don's see the example map.

What is the way to make the waveworks ocean? Can't seem to find it... I can find the shoreline capture however..
    Thx for the help!

4.18 btw

edit: silly me.... found the example map
    Last edited by Thijs Linssen; 09-14-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've been waiting a while for Nvidia to update all their branches to 4.20 (I'm specifically waiting on VXGI but official updates on the others would be nice as well) and I'm getting a bit concerned.

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/releases

Going back 2+ years there's at least 1 release from nvidia every month, most the time 3 or 4 even during other major UE4 version updates, but now we haven't heard from them in almost 3 months.

I can't find any posts on the Nvidia dev forums or Reddit regarding this and the support page on the GameWorks/UE4 website just links to this thread.
      Am I missing something? Is it possible they are planning on dropping direct support for GameWorks on UE4?

(Also thanks to 0lento and others on their amazing work on upgrading some of the branches manually and packaging them together for everyone).

Comment

Originally posted by lvlndGameDev View Post
        For WaveWorks, does anyone have a advice for me on how to increase the view distance while under water. I appreciate any help you guys are able to provide.

Thank you.

EDIT: Took some time, but if you edit the base values of the Power Expressions in the "OceanUnderWaterScatterPP" Blueprint you can reduce the faid. You need to do this for both Distance Fog and Fade Distance.
        For the NVidia plugins? All of them?

Comment

Hello, When should we expect a new version of Flex + Unreal Engine 4 to deform objects? As I understand the current version of Flex 1.0 does not support the deformation of objects

Comment

Originally posted by ElizzaRF View Post
            Hello, When should we expect a new version of Flex + Unreal Engine 4 to deform objects? As I understand the current version of Flex 1.0 does not support the deformation of objects
            Flex 1.2 does support plastic deformations if that's what you mean (deformations that remember the shape). FleX integrations from 4.19 onwards are using 1.2 but the issue here is that the integration itself doesn't implement this functionality atm. Functionality itself can be seen at FleX 1.2 SDK demos.
            https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I understand.

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
              Flex 1.2 does support plastic deformations if that's what you mean (deformations that remember the shape). FleX integrations from 4.19 onwards are using 1.2 but the issue here is that the integration itself doesn't implement this functionality atm. Functionality itself can be seen at FleX 1.2 SDK demos.
              That's right.
              I watched the Flex 1.2 demo . This is amazing.
              It is a pity that the integration in Unreal Engine 4 is not built this functionality.
              But why wasn't this feature enabled ? Do you think this will be introduced in the future?
              I am surprised that Unity3d has several variations of deformation of objects with memory retention, but Unreal Engine 4 has not been modified.

Surprisingly, I installed the 4.20 engine with flex, and it keeps showing me version 1.0

Last edited by ElizzaRF; 09-16-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

You can get the current UE4 flex to hold the soft body deformation. You just set particle velocity to zero. I don't know what plastic deformation looks with flex. But here was my first attempt at soft body collision using the zero particle velocity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhE_WlNhPps

Besides the current UE4 Flex missing the plastic deformation, it's also missing the diffuse particles. Without the diffuse particles, all fluids look like jelly. Also Unity recently got Flex support as a plugin. Not sure how difficult it is, but hopefully UE4 will get the different gameworks as plugins in the future. Also it would be great to get the cpu/non-cuda version of Waveworks.
                Last edited by Gallonmate; 09-17-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallonmate View Post
                  You can get the current UE4 flex to hold the soft body deformation. You just set particle velocity to zero. I don't know what plastic deformation looks with flex. But here was my first attempt at soft body collision using the zero particle velocity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhE_WlNhPps

Besides the current UE4 Flex missing the plastic deformation, it's also missing the diffuse particles. Without the diffuse particles, all fluids look like jelly. Also Unity recently got Flex support as a plugin. Not sure how difficult it is, but hopefully UE4 will get the different gameworks as plugins in the future. Also it would be great to get the cpu/non-cuda version of Waveworks.
                  I don't know how you did it.

Add velocity option = 0 + damping 1000 ? , but I can't make the particles move. How did you get the car to move with the particles? Is it Cloth, Soft body?

My experiment. Not flex. These are bones, but this method is very long and hard, and not realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIq2gaRvC0
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmGQx10ur4

Comment

Tell me how you did it ?

Comment

ElizzaRF Your work is impressive. I saw it on reddit and I thought your work was using Flex.

Anyone can test this soft body deformation ability immediately in Flex example map, called flexMixed. Press key V to hold particle movement. Then just walk into the various flex objects to see them move/deform to player collision.

In my opinion, Flex soft body is not best solution for full simulation of vehicle collisions. Maybe experienced coder or programmer can improve it or find solution. If Flex plastic deformation was enabled for UE4, then it could be good solution.

For my Flex vehicle collision test, I used the ue4 basic vehicle template from the editor, made the vehicle's mesh hidden in game and shrunk down the collision boxes. I added a flex component to the vehicle BP and made a flex soft body from a copy of the vehicle mesh.

And I tweaked a bunch of settings. Most important is Flex Soft Container, I set max velocity to 0. Sleep threshold 300.

But there is some visual glitches and other issues because flex soft body was not designed to work this way. Plastic Deformation of Rigid Body is correct solution (Maybe).
                      Big issue is I cannot find way for more than one Flex Containers to interact. So vehicle flex body does not have collision with other flex objects, except for objects using same flex container. And flex particles do affect UE4 physics.

If you or anyone find improvements or solution please share
                      Last edited by Gallonmate; 09-18-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

If I succeed, I will write.

You're right, I saw freezing particle objects in the demo. I'll try and write. That sounds promising..

Prototype based on this project https://vimeo.com/152619829. The Internet is open source.
                        Maybe in the future, when I have time, I can release a tutorial on how to achieve this.
                        But this is a very complex method of solution, as it has many problems. I am looking for new methods of solving physical collisions

Comment

Thanks for the information!!!

Comment

You can get the current UE4 flex to hold the soft body deformation. You just set particle velocity to zero. I don't know what plastic deformation looks with flex. But here was my first attempt at soft body collision using the zero particle velocity.
                            Oh wow, I didn't even consider this Tbh, I haven't checked how FleX SDK demos do this so can't tell if it's anything similar, freezing the velocities manually doesn't sound what such feat should do tho even when it has similar outcome.

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Hi, are there any information about Hairwork in ue 4.20 ?

Comment

Originally posted by pawel9091 View Post
                                Hi, are there any information about Hairwork in ue 4.20 ?
                                I just tried with kostenickj's branch at https://github.com/kostenickj/Unreal...tree/420Mod2HW and in the sample scenes it seems to work like a charm - huge thanks!

Note: I also build UnrealLightmass

Comment

Working...
                                X