Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    VXGI Effects Cave

    Hey Guys

    Just took some screens of the Effects Cave with VXGI enabled. I think it looks amazing. Pretty brutal on my PC though. Frame rate went from 86fps to 9fps and thats on a GTX970. But that's ALL the point lights enabled for VXGI and ALL materials enabled.

    The first image is without VXGI on and the second with it enabled.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	1066930Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	661.8 KB
ID:	1066931Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	1066932Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	1066933Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	571.9 KB
ID:	1066934Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	710.3 KB
ID:	1066935Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	847.8 KB
ID:	1066936Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	954.4 KB
ID:	1066937

    Comment


      @ Ad3ViLl, indeed better lighting ! Great work

      Can you please post pics of the the voxelized opacities of the same scenes using r.VXGI.DebugMode 2 command to see how the voxels are behaving?
      Last edited by Nudlegaru; 02-22-2015, 01:10 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
        @ Ad3ViLl, indeed better lighting ! Great work

        Can you please post pics of the the voxelized opacities of the same scenes using r.VXGI.DebugMode 2 command to see how the voxels are behaving?
        Sure, here they are. In the same order as above.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	676.2 KB
ID:	1066941Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	1066942Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	553.1 KB
ID:	1066943Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	601.8 KB
ID:	1066944

        Comment


          Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
          Yes, of course! Please do!

          The UE4 EULA specifies that anything we share here can be used by any UE4 licensee.

          Thanks,
          Mike
          Thank you!. One last question. Is there anyway to get all of this gameworks awesome stuff in one engine? Wave works + VXGI + Flex in one engine.
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
            Thank you!. One last question. Is there anyway to get all of this gameworks awesome stuff in one engine? Wave works + VXGI + Flex in one engine.
            Here is the answer Mike gave a few pages back. They will be creating an All-in-one version once a couple more parts are integrated.

            Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
            You _should_ be able to merge the branches into a single branch (for example, called 'AllFeatures'). You would do:
            • git checkout release (switch to standard 4.6.1 release branch)
            • git branch AllFeatures (make a new branch from it)
            • git checkout AllFeatures (switch to the new branch)
            • git merge Flex (merge all the changes from the Flex branch, which should work fine because the FleX branch started out as the release branch)
            • compile the AllFeatures branch to make sure the merge worked OK.
            • git merge WaveWorks (merge all the changes from the WaveWorks branch, the WaveWorks branch also started out as the release branch)



            Then you would try to compile the combined branch. This is what I intend to do when we get the VXGI, HairWorks, TurfEffects, etc., up and running.
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

            Comment


              Originally posted by DotCam View Post
              Here is the answer Mike gave a few pages back. They will be creating an All-in-one version once a couple more parts are integrated.
              I forgot one critical step. Let's assume you did a

              From that you are getting only the default branch. Now you must do:
              git branch VXGI origin/VXGI

              also
              git branch FLEX origin/FLEX
              git branch WaveWorks origin/WaveWorks


              Then you are ready to make a new branch from release and merge the others to it.

              Comment


                Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                In the museum demo here: https://developer.nvidia.com/gi-works indirect specular works fine.
                Are you sure?

                I don't see any of the indirect lighting on the arches around the screens being reflected by the floor, only the screens themselves, which are emissive no doubt.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by melak47 View Post
                  Are you sure?

                  I don't see any of the indirect lighting on the arches around the screens being reflected by the floor, only the screens themselves, which are emissive no doubt.
                  Oh I didn't notice that, I just saw that and heard him talking about it in that video. It seems not all elements get indirect specular then. Maybe such things need more than one bounce.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                    Oh I didn't notice that, I just saw that and heard him talking about it in that video. It seems not all elements get indirect specular then. Maybe such things need more than one bounce.
                    Hmm, Dunno. If the light on the arches is indirect, the light has to bounce off of something, then off the arches, then off the floor...two bounces. But if the light is coming from the screens, which are actually emitting light themselves, then the light on the arches is direct, and the floor should show an image of the first bounce. I think. I'll ask for an explanation.

                    --Mike
                    Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-22-2015, 05:52 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                      In the museum demo here: https://developer.nvidia.com/gi-works indirect specular works fine.



                      What is the use of VXGI if you need to enable SSR? I thought VXGI could do indirect specular by its own.
                      Yes it can, on a really really good gpu. Try and max out all the VXGI specular parameters and see what performance you get.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                        Yes it can, on a really really good gpu. Try and max out all the VXGI specular parameters and see what performance you get.
                        Lol, I'd better not try that. With the help of Shantaram, I could enable VXGI for realistic rendering nighroom nolights and it was an overkill for my GTX660M. TBH such tech is an overkill for even a GTX970 like Ad3ViLl said. To get such tech working fine with the other gameworks tech in a playbale scene, you need DX12, a station of Pascall Cards (the new GTX 1000 and 1100) piles of DDR4, a chain of IBM Power 9 and I think it won't be enough even for the next Volta cards.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Ad3ViLl View Post
                          Hey Guys

                          Just took some screens of the Effects Cave with VXGI enabled. I think it looks amazing. Pretty brutal on my PC though. Frame rate went from 86fps to 9fps and thats on a GTX970. But that's ALL the point lights enabled for VXGI and ALL materials enabled.
                          ain't there like hundreds of lights though? i could see why it crawled to 9fps.
                          But anyway, awesome cave lightning, reminds me of this game trailer:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXAa5TCrUfM

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                            Lol, I'd better not try that. With the help of Shantaram, I could enable VXGI for realistic rendering nighroom nolights and it was an overkill for my GTX660M. TBH such tech is an overkill for even a GTX970 like Ad3ViLl said. To get such tech working fine with the other gameworks tech in a playbale scene, you need DX12, a station of Pascall Cards (the new GTX 1000 and 1100) piles of DDR4, a chain of IBM Power 9 and I think it won't be enough even for the next Volta cards.
                            That's why the best optimisation would be to reduce voxel resolution. You will barely notice any drop in quality for diffuse and less glossy speculars will still look good. Its just the highly detailed speculars that will be affected - which is why SSRs can still be useful.

                            I have found that on my gtx485m an equivalent resolution to what would be vxgimapsize = 16 can run the same scene that I've shown at about 20fps with SSRs, ambient occlusion and several soft shadows (im referring to my own opengl engine).

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                              That's why the best optimisation would be to reduce voxel resolution. You will barely notice any drop in quality for diffuse and less glossy speculars will still look good. Its just the highly detailed speculars that will be affected - which is why SSRs can still be useful.

                              I have found that on my gtx485m an equivalent resolution to what would be vxgimapsize = 16 can run the same scene that I've shown at about 20fps with SSRs, ambient occlusion and several soft shadows (im referring to my own opengl engine).
                              I don't recall very well, but I may have seen your GI engine somewhere in youtube (I may be wrong), Isaw the same examples you provided here and at Ryantorant thread in video. What is your youtube channel?

                              Comment


                                I still can't seem to get point light shadows voxelized - its either something to do with the GSceneRenderTargets.GetCubeShadowDepthZTexture(ProjectedShadowInfo->ResolutionX) not actually returning a cubemap depth texture, or maybe my projection matrices are wrong.

                                Are you guys looking into this Mike?
                                Also, particles don't seem to get voxelized either, even when I enable vxgi in the materials.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X