NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
    dear 0lento hare is not nvidia 4.20 but you make many branch in 4.20 it is amazing can you give any tutorial how to merge all branch in main branch or please update hairworks in 4.20 thank you
    I've said this few times already so I'll just quote my previous answer on this matter:
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    I'm not actively looking into porting any other GameWorks techs into my 4.20 merge. I looked at VXGI and HairWorks briefly but both contained some changes that would have taken me long time to fix. These both are also probably least useful in actual game development (they are cool for tech demos), VXGI 2 specifically requires Maxwell+ GPU which is a huge limitation for the tech itself. As far as I know, all the techs in my current 4.20-GameWorks branch work with AMD as well.

That being said, I'll probably still add these if Nvidia pushes 4.20 versions into their github repos, just not going to put my own time into porting them.
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

As for the tutorial, the process has been gone through many times in this thread, even recently, just look back some pages.

Worth noting that merging is somewhat trivial, upgrading these techs from one engine version to another always isn't. You need to track down engine API changes, do cross referencing between other engine components to find how you should use certain things on the new version etc, it's a bit of a detective work and not all that straight forward process that someone could write 1,2,3 step guide for. For example it took me multiple days to get FleX fixed where Volumetric Lighting didn't require any changes on the engine side from 4.19 to 4.20. But I do guarantee that VXGI2 and Hairworks both require a lot of manual work, it's the main reason I didn't port them.

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

can you update only hairworks to 4.20 because Xu Nie

is not update new version

Comment

Hello, I am working with waveworks, and the waveworkstester. And I see that the shoreline uses a texture called: Shorelinetex. This texture contains alpha channels, how can I edit this texture? (So that I can customize the shoreline)

Comment

0lento Thanks so much! When we have VXGI 2.0 in 4.20 GameWorks? You mean VXGI 2.0 now only working with AMD, so NVIDIA not work or got some error?

Comment

Originally posted by VinaCaptcha View Post
              When we have VXGI 2.0 in 4.20 GameWorks?
              This is mainly up to Nvidia or other community members, I'm not porting any other gameworks techs into 4.20 myself (but can include VXGI and Hairworks if someone else upgrades them to 4.20).

Originally posted by VinaCaptcha View Post
              You mean VXGI 2.0 now only working with AMD, so NVIDIA not work or got some error?
              It's the opposite as it's Nvidia tech, VXGI2 only works fully on Maxwell+ (Nvidia Geforce GTX 900 series or newer).

Comment

Hi 0lento, i'm working on 4.20 integration for Hairworks.
                I've got all the shaders and c++ compiling. but not everything is working quite yet. I cant figure out how/where to set the new SceneTexturesStruct in Hairworks so i get this crash on startup:

‚Äč

This is my first time touching anything render related, so i'm probably (definitely) making a dumb mistake / don't really know what i'm doing! If you (or anyone who knows what they are doing) could advise me, i would appreciate it!

My branch is here:
                https://github.com/kostenickj/Unreal...tree/420Mod2HW
                Last edited by kostenickj; 09-09-2018, 06:11 AM.
                TressFX For Unreal | Morph Tools Plugin

Comment

Well, i got it past the crash and the simulation itself seems to be working, but i definitely messed up the lighting somehow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	546.0 KB
ID:	1525998

Comment

[QUOTE="kostenickj;n1525997"]Well, i got it past the crash and the simulation itself seems to be working, but i definitely messed up the lighting somehow.

hairworks not working in youe branch https://github.com/kostenickj/Unreal...tree/420Mod2HW

Comment

[QUOTE="samrat333;n1526008"]
                      Originally posted by kostenickj View Post
                      Well, i got it past the crash and the simulation itself seems to be working, but i definitely messed up the lighting somehow.

hairworks not working in youe branch https://github.com/kostenickj/Unreal...tree/420Mod2HW
                      Its a work in progress

looks great with no lights in the scene though haha

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	525.8 KB ID:	1526021

im pretty sure i am doing something wrong in lightrendering.cpp, they got rid of SetShaderTemplLighting and im not entirely sure how it was replaced yet.
                      Last edited by kostenickj; 09-10-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE="kostenickj;n1526009"]
                        Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
                        im pretty sure i am doing something wrong in lightrendering.cpp, they got rid of SetShaderTemplLighting and im not entirely sure how it was replaced yet.
                        I didn't check your sources but in general, it's good practice to find out something similar from the older engine version and then compare how Epic upgraded it for 4.20. I've used manual diffs for different engine parts in past to figure out bigger changes to some systems, they've been incredibly helpful.

Comment

[QUOTE="0lento; thank you olento we tried many time compare other branch but every time say manualy change we not know how we request to you please give any tutorial thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kostenickj View Post
                            We desperately need HairWorks in 4.20. It's probably don't have much use in games (as 0lento pointed out), but in the growing Unreal animation field, I would say, it's pretty important stuff.

Really glad to see that someone is working on it, thank you kostenickj! That's real good progress there, I like the colors! ;D
                            Please keep it up and tell the community if and when it's ready!

Comment

Originally posted by AyanMiru View Post

We desperately need HairWorks in 4.20. It's probably don't have much use in games (as 0lento pointed out), but in the growing Unreal animation field, I would say, it's pretty important stuff.

Really glad to see that someone is working on it, thank you kostenickj! That's real good progress there, I like the colors! ;D
                              Please keep it up and tell the community if and when it's ready!
                              Alright guys, i think i got everything working. I was making a dumb mistake in DeferredLightPixelShaders.usf. They combined DirectionalPixelMain and RadialPixelMain into a single function and i got confused.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	510.1 KB ID:	1526468
                              If someone wants to clone my branch and confirm everything works for them too, then perhaps 0lento will want to merge my changes into his gamework branch. https://github.com/kostenickj/Unreal...tree/420Mod2HW
                              Note: my branch has a few changes to skeletal meshes and the JSON utilities that you will want to discard. Also, its 420.0, not 420.2
                              Last edited by kostenickj; 09-11-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

"kostenickj;
                                we try your branch compile again now but hir not show in view port and blue print while hairwork is show why????????

Comment

Working...
                                X