Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0lento Thank you for the answer!

Comment

Anyone know about the state of the Ray Tracing GameWorks integration?

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-ray-tracing

It's invite-only, "early access" right now... just curious if this will be available for all developers to use when consumer RTX cards ship in September.

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

For WaveWorks, does anyone have a advice for me on how to increase the view distance while under water. I appreciate any help you guys are able to provide.

Thank you.

EDIT: Took some time, but if you edit the base values of the Power Expressions in the "OceanUnderWaterScatterPP" Blueprint you can reduce the faid. You need to do this for both Distance Fog and Fade Distance.
        Last edited by lvlndGameDev; 08-23-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Later this year or begining of next year, there will integration in engine. Main branch.
          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Alright, well I fixed my old issue, but now I have this "can't find definition for module". It gives the same error when running generateprojectfiles.bat stating
            "Warning: Exception while generating include data for UE4Editor: Could not find definition for module 'OnlineSubsystem' (referenced via defualt plugins -> OnlineSubsystem.uplugin)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
            Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44
            Error Could not find definition for module 'OnlineSubsystem' (referenced via default plugins -> OnlineSubsystem.uplugin) UE4 D:\Unreal Projects\UnrealEngine-VXGI2-4.19\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool 1
            Last edited by Bifron; 08-21-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I have a strange problem,

If I open the flex UE4.sln in VS it builds fine. But as soon as I open the source files in Engine/Plugins/Gameworks/Flex/Source/Flex tons of errors appear and it will no longer build. I'm trying to make some changes to the FlexContainerInstance.cpp but opening this file seems to break everything!

Spoiler
              Last edited by anti_zer0; 08-26-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop86 View Post
                If I open the flex UE4.sln in VS it builds fine. But as soon as I open the source files in Engine/Plugins/Gameworks/Flex/Source/Flex tons of errors appear and it will no longer build. I'm trying to make some changes to the FlexContainerInstance.cpp but opening this file seems to break everything!
                Simply opening a file will not do that, there has happened something else too.
                https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Hello 0lento! how's vxgi 4.20 coming along? are you merging .19 version or waiting for 20 version? Your 19 build working flawlessly thanks for that!
                  Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                    Hello 0lento! how's vxgi 4.20 coming along? are you merging .19 version or waiting for 20 version? Your 19 build working flawlessly thanks for that!
                    I'm not actively looking into porting any other GameWorks techs into my 4.20 merge. I looked at VXGI and HairWorks briefly but both contained some changes that would have taken me long time to fix. These both are also probably least useful in actual game development (they are cool for tech demos), VXGI 2 specifically requires Maxwell+ GPU which is a huge limitation for the tech itself. As far as I know, all the techs in my current 4.20-GameWorks branch work with AMD as well.

That being said, I'll probably still add these if Nvidia pushes 4.20 versions into their github repos, just not going to put my own time into porting them.
                    Last edited by 0lento; 08-27-2018, 02:19 AM.
                    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Btw, noticed that Nvidia pushed a 4.19 version for their Cataclysm Demo: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...clysmDemo-4.19

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                        Simply opening a file will not do that, there has happened something else too.
                        That's what I thought, but that is exactly what happens. If I copy the files fresh from the download then everything works and it builds again, until I open them in VS and the errors re-appear! I actually managed to fix them all by including some extra files, but it's weird that the errors only happen when I open the file and until then it builds perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop86 View Post

That's what I thought, but that is exactly what happens. If I copy the files fresh from the download then everything works and it builds again, until I open them in VS and the errors re-appear! I actually managed to fix them all by including some extra files, but it's weird that the errors only happen when I open the file and until then it builds perfectly fine.
                          Sounds like your editor is adding bad (or other platform style) line-endings or something like that. Otherwise, yeah- that simply shouldn't happen. The only reason it would happen is if the file was being modified, not just opened. Try doing an MD5 check on your opened file against a "virgin" version of the same file and see if there is a mismatch, maybe?

Comment

There ARE missing includes on nvidias 4.19 FleX that might trigger errors if you actually change the file (add or change actual code in it), but simply opening it wouldn't do this. What you said about manually fixing the issues by adding includes would just confirm this. I've made this PR for 4.19 FleX but Nvidia hasn't accepted it: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/523. This fixes at least some of the missing includes required to actually package FleX.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                              There ARE missing includes on nvidias 4.19 FleX that might trigger errors if you actually change the file (add or change actual code in it), but simply opening it wouldn't do this. What you said about manually fixing the issues by adding includes would just confirm this. I've made this PR for 4.19 FleX but Nvidia hasn't accepted it: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/523. This fixes at least some of the missing includes required to actually package FleX.
                              Cool thanks Yeah it definitely happens without touching anything, all I have to do is open it and it's broken without even clicking on anything in the file or modifying anything. I am pretty new to C++ and visual studio so I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong! But maybe VS is just changing something by itself without me noticing like Derjyn suggested. Anyway, it's working now!

I've been attempting to change the FlexContainerInstance to use per poly collision on skeletal meshes (not sure if this is even possible!) but not had any luck yet. I've found where it gets the physics bodies from the skeletal mesh and I know how to get the animated mesh verts instead but I can't work out how to make it actually use it for collision.
                              Last edited by anti_zer0; 08-27-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

dear 0lento hare is not nvidia 4.20 but you make many branch in 4.20 it is amazing can you give any tutorial how to merge all branch in main branch or please update hairworks in 4.20 thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X