NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    You mean the thing I did a hacky fix for in 4.19? (Fix is there so that it will force flex into the build) I think it might have been a new addition to Flex on 4.19 but regardless if you just let VS bypass that one section, most of the integration would still work. It would just remove some additional editor tooling I think (I tried this on the new flex branch too and it does it there too, it compiles but I think it leaves small parts behind by default).
    Hello, can you join WaveWorks in the 4.192 integrated version? Waveworks seems to be a very good marine simulation plug-in. If you can integrate the Waveworks Gameworks process, it should be very complete.

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

Hello, can you join WaveWorks in the 4.192 integrated version? Waveworks seems to be a very good marine simulation plug-in. If you can integrate the Waveworks Gameworks process, it should be very complete.
      please read the thread before asking

"I'm avoiding waveworks for two reasons: the version we get is CUDA only, so it only runs on Nvidia GPUs. Other is that last time I checked, some shader overrode some surface normal math that Flex did differently so this would probably make that shader to have some unwanted effect on Flex if both were enabled on the same build." -0lento

CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
      Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

^ That pretty much. It actually could have been Flow instead of Flex that had the shader conflict with it but that's minor issue, having Waveworks as CUDA only is no go for any commercial game as you can't limit your game for Nvidia GPU's only. Nvidia does have other versions internally and you can license them but that's a whole another deal.
        https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

That being said, nothing is stopping others from merging it, I just will not include it on my own merge as I prefer to keep the whole thing usable for all (although VGXI 2 seems to be more limited to recent Nvidia gear than I'd like).
          https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Hello galaxy i have a question. do you plan integrating Faceworks?

Comment

Hello. do you plan integrating Faceworks?

Comment

Originally posted by SRain1920 View Post
                Hello galaxy i have a question. do you plan integrating Faceworks?
                If you refer to GalaxyMan, he hasn't been updating these for a while anymore (last seen on these forums last year).

Since there's no public FaceWorks tech integration for UE4, we can't merge FaceWorks on a public UE4 fork ourselves due to the licensing issues (I know there's a separete branch for it in the GameWorks repo but no UE4 integration). And in addition to that, UE4 already has it's own skin and eye shaders that are pretty good (just look at Paragon training/tech streams from youtube) so integrating Nvidia middleware for this purpose wouldn't make much sense anyway.

Comment

Hi, just tried todo a test win64 pack of the flex demo project without making any changes and I get the following error.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Binaries\Win64\UE4-WmfMedia-Win64-Shipping.lib
                  PackagingResults: Error: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Binaries\Win64\UE4-WmfMedia-Win64-Shipping.lib
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total build time: 712.30 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 712.4387523s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game Win64 Shipping -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\FlexProject" -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.07.03-
                  07.55.55.txt'
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)
                  PackagingResults: Error: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game Win64 Shipping -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="C:\Users\Chris\Documents\GameWorks\FlexProject" -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.07.03-07.55.55.txt'
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                  PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Any ideas?

Comment

Does anyone know if waveworks itself does ocean spray? Or is this in combo with flex? Is it out of the box with waveworks basically. I cant find any documentation and trying to make splashes with waveworks colliding with meshes.

Comment

Boosh55 What Flex version you are using? I did some fixes for Flex packaging on my own merge and I also made a PR (for Flex fixes) but nvidia hasn't accepted it so far. You can get Flex only version here https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...PR-FleX-4.19.2 for now but I'll remove the PR branch once nvidia either accepts the PR or fixes the issues on their own.

Comment

Olento It was from your 06-21-2018, 12:02 PM GameWorks branch (I downloaded it a couple hours after you posted it). Ill try to re download and rebuild tonight to see if it was a fluke and Ill give the flex only build a try too.

Comment

Tbh, I might have not tried shipping build on Flex, development build worked when I tried it. I'll check what happens on my end on the GameWorks merge.

Also, there hasn't been any updates since I posted it so it should be the same version you already got.
                          Last edited by 0lento; 07-04-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I tested FlexProject on my 4.19-GameWorks, I had no issues packaging it on shipping either (used VS2015 for building UE).

Boosh55 The part of build error you linked here is after the actual error that prevented it from building properly on your case so it's not easy to tell why it failed.
                            Last edited by 0lento; 07-04-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

hi please update substance plugin in new version

Comment

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
                                hi please update substance plugin in new version
                                I can't include substance on my fork as I'm not allowed to distribute source code from marketplace (substance plugin). You can get the plugin youself from the marketplace and place it into your own projects Plugins folder. Then generate your game's project files again and UE4 will compile substance plugin along with your project.

Worth mentioning that you need to have c++ project for this, so if your project is currently blueprint only, you need to do is place the substance plugin as I mentioned and then generate any dummy c++ file with UE4 editor to get the c++ solution file.

Comment

Working...
                                X