No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else getting this warning in their logs?

Code:
    [2018.04.30-03.29.40:595][640]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Performance warning: Console object named 'r.HBAO.GBufferNormals' shows many (500) FindConsoleObject() calls (consider caching e.g. using static)
    [2018.04.30-03.29.40:595][640]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Performance warning: Console object named 'r.HBAO.VisualizeAO' shows many (500) FindConsoleObject() calls (consider caching e.g. using static)
    On another note, this backlogged issue is driving me mad: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-33798

I was just trying an experiment with Blast objects, trying to get 2 to swing into each other. Low and behold, the same issue is present with Blast objects: physics constraint actors and them don't get along. Anyone know a workaround/trick?
    Last edited by Derjyn; 04-30-2018, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Gomo I added Volumetric Lighting on https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...9-GameWorks-VL , I had some issues with it so I didn't want to put it on the other Gameworks branch. So if anyone wants to try it out, that repo has UE 4.19.1, Blast, Flow, HairWorks 1.4, HBAO+4, TXAA3, Volumetric Lighting and VXGI2.

I have to warn tho that I had some issues on fixing the profiler macros due to the unitybuild issues on volumetric lighting branch. Profiling works now but it's a workaround and I had to leave some unused stuff as I didn't have time to spend day or two fixing all the headers properly.

Additionally, I couldn't get the vl sample to package on shipping conf and while development build packaged, it wouldn't run on my win10 computer, reporting DX11 feature level 10.0 being required (which my GTX970 does have). Packaged build did run on my win7 and gtx670 computer tho. Also, feature worked just fine on win10 while using Unreal Editor, I mainly had issues on the packaged builds (could be some change I've missed). I don't have time to investigate this further but I wanted to make the repo public in case some people want to try it out. Just be aware there might be issues with it.

Edit-> Apparently the issue I'm seeing on my Win10 machine could be a driver bug with latest Nvidia Drivers (397.31).

As a side note, I do hope Nvidia fixes the non-unity building and properly use IWYU for gameworks tech integrations in the future, there are lots of things missing in the headers that can just randomly break the builds like happened on the volumetric lighting on my end. I've previously fixed most of the non-unity build issues on other gameworks techs but VL is probably trickiest of them all, considering it seems to rely on unity build including all kinds of things across it.

More info about IWYU and non-unity builds: http://kantandev.com/articles/ue4-in...e-what-you-use
      Last edited by 0lento; 04-30-2018, 06:01 PM.
      https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

0lento - Thanks for sharing that, and working on it! Hopefully Nvidia cats do indeed work on IWYU/non-unity.

I found a solution to my previous issue with Blast objects and physics constraints: I made the Blast object a child of a dummy mesh, with collisions changed a bit. It's hacky, but with some tinkering it can work in a pinch.

I just noticed another issue, though. Blast chunks don't get added to motion blur. I'm hoping there is something simple I'm missing, but I've tinkered quite a bit and have yet to find a solution.

Comment

0lento - awesome! I'll try it today!

Comment

I have a question about Hair Works 1.4,Wich is the features of it and why Nvidia have Fur Viewer version 1.2.1 yet?

Comment

Maxime.Dupart is your hairworks okay? i mean. Hairs are not showing in rendered video. But in viewport i can see them allright.
              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                Maxime.Dupart is your hairworks okay? i mean. Hairs are not showing in rendered video. But in viewport i can see them allright.
                What do you mean by 'in rendered video' ?

The branch i'm sharing on github are focused on stability and their ability to package games.
                Again, i won't include TXAA which didn't improve significantly over Unreal AA in my tests, and i most likely won't include NV Volumetric light as it hasn't been officially updated since 4.17 and it took me extra work to have it work and package properly in 4.18 alongside other Gameworks solutions.
                Unreal Engine volumetric solution is already amazing for my needs on my current project (there weren't any volumetric light in Unreal Engine back when Nvidia integrated its volumetric light solution)
                Last edited by MaximeDupart; 04-30-2018, 07:43 PM.
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                  Gomo I added Volumetric Lighting on https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...9-GameWorks-VL , I had some issues with it so I didn't want to put it on the other Gameworks branch. So if anyone wants to try it out, that repo has UE 4.19.1, Blast, Flow, HairWorks 1.4, HBAO+4, TXAA3, Volumetric Lighting and VXGI2.

I have to warn tho that I had some issues on fixing the profiler macros due to the unitybuild issues on volumetric lighting branch. Profiling works now but it's a workaround and I had to leave some unused stuff as I didn't have time to spend day or two fixing all the headers properly.

Additionally, I couldn't get the vl sample to package on shipping conf and while development build packaged, it wouldn't run on my win10 computer, reporting DX11 feature level 10.0 being required (which my GTX970 does have). Packaged build did run on my win7 and gtx670 computer tho. Also, feature worked just fine on win10 while using Unreal Editor, I mainly had issues on the packaged builds (could be some change I've missed). I don't have time to investigate this further but I wanted to make the repo public in case some people want to try it out. Just be aware there might be issues with it.

Edit-> Apparently the issue I'm seeing on my Win10 machine could be a driver bug with latest Nvidia Drivers (397.31).

As a side note, I do hope Nvidia fixes the non-unity building and properly use IWYU for gameworks tech integrations in the future, there are lots of things missing in the headers that can just randomly break the builds like happened on the volumetric lighting on my end. I've previously fixed most of the non-unity build issues on other gameworks techs but VL is probably trickiest of them all, considering it seems to rely on unity build including all kinds of things across it.

More info about IWYU and non-unity builds: http://kantandev.com/articles/ue4-in...e-what-you-use
                  legend will try it out soon as i get home
                  CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
                  Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by thejturner View Post
                    I'm assuming it isn't compatible with Forward Shading? Every time I try to open a level with Forward Shading enabled it crashes the editor.
                    Fixed the crash, but it still doesn't work in forward shading mode. VXGI requires deferred shading.

Originally posted by MASSIVE Can View Post
                    As you can see in the middle (which is vxgi enabled only on directional light but not in post process so there is no any visual change), there is a 30 fps drop but vxgi not enabled yet and there is no any vxgi element on GPU profiler.
                    Fixed. Also fixed a similar issue that happened on other types of lights when they have distance field shadows enabled.

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                    Well, VXGI 2.0 actually requires a GPU with certain post-DX11.0 features to be completely functional. There is no plan to make it compatible with older GPUs again. But you can still use VXAO/AL on Kepler, for example.
                    It shouldn't crash though, I admit. That is to be improved.
                    Fixed, it doesn't crash anymore. The latest version will be forced into occlusion-only mode on Kepler.

Verified that VXGI builds without errors in non-unity mode. Posted a note about this request in an internal chat with other UE4 people at NV.

Do note that TXAA 3 crashes the engine immediately on forward shading atm, so avoid that combo with this repo (you can always reset it back from projects Config/DefaultEngine.ini)
                    Fixed, now TXAA 3 runs in forward shading mode too.

Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                    Is anyone else getting this warning in their logs?

Code:
                    [2018.04.30-03.29.40:595][640]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Performance warning: Console object named 'r.HBAO.GBufferNormals' shows many (500) FindConsoleObject() calls (consider caching e.g. using static)
                    [2018.04.30-03.29.40:595][640]LogConsoleManager: Warning: Performance warning: Console object named 'r.HBAO.VisualizeAO' shows many (500) FindConsoleObject() calls (consider caching e.g. using static)
                    Fixed.
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Fixed the crash, but it still doesn't work in forward shading mode. VXGI requires deferred shading.

Fixed. Also fixed a similar issue that happened on other types of lights when they have distance field shadows enabled.

Fixed, it doesn't crash anymore. The latest version will be forced into occlusion-only mode on Kepler.

Verified that VXGI builds without errors in non-unity mode. Posted a note about this request in an internal chat with other UE4 people at NV.

Fixed.
                      wow thanks! very noob question. i have to completely re-compile everytime branch is updated right? i just cant download it and re-write files in my already build folder? ( sorry if it sound too stupid but im not very into that programming and compiling stuff, i just love playing with VXGI :P )

Comment

Originally posted by alperenozgur View Post

wow thanks! very noob question. i have to completely re-compile everytime branch is updated right? i just cant download it and re-write files in my already build folder? ( sorry if it sound too stupid but im not very into that programming and compiling stuff, i just love playing with VXGI :P )
                        You can clone the git repository, switch to the right branch, and do a "pull" every time you need to update. That's quick and only refreshes the modified files. Then you need to build it.
                        I'm sure you can find some instructions online on how to do all that.

Comment

Alexey.Panteleev - Nicely done! You cats are killin' it

Comment

Thanks for those fast updates Alexey.Panteleev VXGI-2.0 is an incredible upgrade over the previous version.

Someone asked me some help for it: here is a video about Installing Luoshuang's GPULightmass (need Nvidia Maxwell+ GPU) on top of the 4.19 Gameworks build:

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 05-01-2018, 08:19 AM.
                            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Fixed.
                              Thank you for your effort. I have just noticed that fps drops again when VXGI enabled in Post Process but not in Directional Light so there is no visual change again because the only way to use VXGI is enabling in both of them (directional light and post process volume). I wanted to share, it might help.

Comment

@0lento Thank you for the branch:https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...9-GameWorks-VL work very well

Comment

Working...
                                X