No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys. Is there any chance to get all of this awesome stuff in one engine?
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      Sure. You have to increase the particle limit on the flex container, then increase the particle lifetime on the emitter.

Sadly, not. I tried this already, rising the max particle count to 1000000 didnt change anything, and rising it to 10000000 makes it eat my ram out (it eates +4 GB in a sec, and then starts lagging terribly, however the particle count doesnt change, although it makes the engine unusable).

EDIT: When sayign that it eats my RAM out I mean that it uses way mroe than usuall.

EDIT2: Note that my maximum I can't go over in particle count is something around 16380.
      Last edited by Cube2222; 02-21-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

will we get flameworks?
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

When I try to build, after a while it says it is unable to produce d3d11rhi.dll. Anyone know why?

I have a 780 with the latest driver, most recent zip from github and I built ShaderCompilerWorker for good measure.
          Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by mlindborg View Post
            When I try to build, after a while it says it is unable to produce d3d11rhi.dll. Anyone know why?

I have a 780 with the latest driver, most recent zip from github and I built ShaderCompilerWorker for good measure.
            When you ran setup, did you overwrite the nvapi libs? choose 'no' in the command prompt, and it should build UE4 from the solution without error.

Thanks,

Comment

Hmmm, not sure why that is happening. This comment from one of the engineers might be relevant: "we compute VXGI Specular Tracing only for pixels that contain a specular material."
              Well I think the reason is that this is what I would call a "0+1 bounce" approach:
              The voxel data structure that holds the lighting information contains only samples from directly lit or emissive surfaces (0 bounces),
              and the 1 bounce is achieved by the cone tracing into the voxel structure when shading surfaces - which gives us one very nice diffuse bounce.

But for reflections, this means that reflective surfaces are only able to reflect that 0-bounce lighting stored in the voxel structure.

For reflections to be able to reflect the 1 diffuse bounce, reflective surfaces would either need to perform 2 bounces themselves
              (first, trace a number of cones to surfaces that this surface "sees",
              then trace from those surfaces into the scene to determine their illumination so we can reflect them),
              or like someone else said, the 1 bounce diffuse illumination calculated for the scene would have to be added to the voxel structure after diffuse shading, and the specular shading performed afterwards - that way it could "see" and reflect diffuse bounce.

The first option sounds expensive, duplicating a lot of cone tracing that was already done for the diffuse shading for the reflections.
              As for the second option, separating diffuse and specular shading into different passes is probably going to be expensive as well...

Well, I hope you guys can come up with something

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                When you ran setup, did you overwrite the nvapi libs? choose 'no' in the command prompt, and it should build UE4 from the solution without error.

Thanks,
                Yeah, this worked. It was what I suspected going through the thread.

Thanks.
                Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                  Sadly, not. I tried this already, rising the max particle count to 1000000 didnt change anything, and rising it to 10000000 makes it eat my ram out (it eates +4 GB in a sec, and then starts lagging terribly, however the particle count doesnt change, although it makes the engine unusable).

EDIT: When sayign that it eats my RAM out I mean that it uses way mroe than usuall.

EDIT2: Note that my maximum I can't go over in particle count is something around 16380.
                  That's quite strange. When I looked into this I easily increased the particle count to over 50,000 using a 680. I'll have another look when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by melak47 View Post
                    Well I think the reason is that this is what I would call a "0+1 bounce" approach:
                    The voxel data structure that holds the lighting information contains only samples from directly lit or emissive surfaces (0 bounces),
                    and the 1 bounce is achieved by the cone tracing into the voxel structure when shading surfaces - which gives us one very nice diffuse bounce.

But for reflections, this means that reflective surfaces are only able to reflect that 0-bounce lighting stored in the voxel structure.

For reflections to be able to reflect the 1 diffuse bounce, reflective surfaces would either need to perform 2 bounces themselves
                    (first, trace a number of cones to surfaces that this surface "sees",
                    then trace from those surfaces into the scene to determine their illumination so we can reflect them),
                    or like someone else said, the 1 bounce diffuse illumination calculated for the scene would have to be added to the voxel structure after diffuse shading, and the specular shading performed afterwards - that way it could "see" and reflect diffuse bounce.

The first option sounds expensive, duplicating a lot of cone tracing that was already done for the diffuse shading for the reflections.
                    As for the second option, separating diffuse and specular shading into different passes is probably going to be expensive as well...

Well, I hope you guys can come up with something
                    We'll be sharing some more advanced sample content in the coming weeks. I am pretty sure this functionality is already being addressed, but I will inquire to learn more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                      will we get flameworks?
                      Flameworks is being folded into Turbulence. We already have the fuel and temperature terms from the Flameworks prototype merged into the Turbulence v1.3.3, but the volume rendering is still work in progress.

Comment

Flameworks is being folded into Turbulence. We already have the fuel and temperature terms from the Flameworks prototype merged into the Turbulence v1.3.3, but the volume rendering is still work in progress.
                        And when is public turbulence planned?

Comment

@Mike: Do you have any info on the spec model used by HairWorks? If not, would it be possible for you to obtain that info? Thanks!
                          ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                            @Mike: Do you have any info on the spec model used by HairWorks? If not, would it be possible for you to obtain that info? Thanks!
                            I'll ask for details. The UE4-HW integration is coming along, but I haven't looked at it closely myself yet. I'll try to get some information and post it here ASAP.

Thanks,
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                              And when is public turbulence planned?
                              Turbulence is part of the APEX SDK package. We should have the APEX-1.3.3 SDKs available within two weeks; we already have a Turbulence integration into UE4, but it will need to be updated and I don't think we'll see that until later in March. Also, the volume rendering is a separate issue, so it will take longer yet to implement the volume rendering. However if you think you would want to try to implement your own renderer on top of Turbulence, I'll see what I can do to publish the updated Turbulence integration sooner rather than later.

--Mike

Comment

In order to upgrade to 4.7 I would pull that revision to my release branch, make sure it all builds, then merge from the release branch to the other branches, and then pull those modifications over to the all-in-one branch.
                                Is this on your ToDo list? May I ask when the 4.7 integration might be completed? I really enjoy using the 4.7 branch and don't want to go back.
                                4.7 + VXGI (+ FleX) = Win

Comment

Working...
                                X