No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I think there is. Any recent NV card should do (I'm not sure of the product numbers offhand, but I think any desktop card in the past few years is OK. I run it on a 670).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      Yes, I think there is. Any recent NV card should do (I'm not sure of the product numbers offhand, but I think any desktop card in the past few years is OK. I run it on a 670).
      Then there is something I am not doing properly because I have 690 card and when I compile and run the test project, the ocean material is all "black".
      Is there someother settings that I have to set it up?

Thanks,

Comment

Do you have the latest driver? Are there any errors coming out on the console? I've seen that before when the shaders didn't compile correctly.

Comment

Do you have the latest driver? Are there any errors coming out on the console? I've seen that before when the shaders didn't compile correctly.
          I am getting this warning : "LogD3D11WaveWorks:Warning: FD3D11WaveWorks Simulation_CreateD3D11 FAIL"
          I didn't have the latest drivers and m downloading latest one right now.

Thanks,

Comment

Yup. It was driver update issue. Working properly now.
            Thanks for the help and amazing job integrating it to UE4.
            Can't wait for other gameworks parts to get integrated.

Thanks,

Comment

can some one record video of waveworks in unreal?

Comment

Finnaly had time to check it out. It looks really nice!!! However, I've got a question regarding licensing. If we'd like to use this in our projects, would we need to contact NVIDIA for a license, or can we use it freely with ue4?

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                  Finnaly had time to check it out. It looks really nice!!! However, I've got a question regarding licensing. If we'd like to use this in our projects, would we need to contact NVIDIA for a license, or can we use it freely with ue4?
                  The code checked into the UnrealEngine/NvPhysX branch is free for you to use in any Unreal project, but it can't be ported out of Unreal into another code base.

Comment

Why would you use anything other than Unreal? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Great stuff, really looking forward where this is going

Comment

Can't seem to find any Waveworks folder in the GitHub branch, it compiled without any issues, but theres also no documentation that I could find.
                      What could be the Problem?

I'm working on a ship simulator for my high school Project, so I thought it would be great to use Waveworks for the river

Comment

When on github, you have to change the branch to "waveworks"

Comment

Originally posted by janis View Post
                          Can't seem to find any Waveworks folder in the GitHub branch
                          Did you use the WaveWorks folder from Nvidia Github? Here is the correct link: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/WaveWorks

It failed to compile for me though. error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'gfsdk_waveworks.win64.lib' D:\UE_Nvidia\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK
                          Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
                          Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
                          Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                          [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                          My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                          Your Friendly Neighborhood
                          Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                            Did you use the WaveWorks folder from Nvidia Github? Here is the correct link: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/WaveWorks

It failed to compile for me though. error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'gfsdk_waveworks.win64.lib' D:\UE_Nvidia\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK
                            Did you add in the Lib file from the previous page? Mike uplaoded it to the forums to get around that error.

It's right here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post197660
                            Last edited by DotCam; 12-27-2014, 11:23 AM.
                            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                              Did you add in the Lib file from the previous page? Mike uplaoded it to the forums to get around that error.

It's right here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post197660
                              Thank you very much DotCam! It works!!

@Mike: Any ETA on VXGI in UE4? I bought a 980 recently hoping to test VXGI in UE4
                              Last edited by ryanjon2040; 12-27-2014, 01:20 PM.
                              Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
                              Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
                              Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                              [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                              My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                              Your Friendly Neighborhood
                              Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                Thank you very much DotCam! It works!!

@Mike: Any ETA on VXGI in UE4? I bought a 980 recently hoping to test VXGI in UE4
                                Coming in January, stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X