NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGICollector View Post
    LogD3D11RHI: Error: VXGI Error: VXGI requires a GPU that supports FP16 typed UAV loads natively (DX11.3) or through NVAPI (Maxwell+) when ambientOcclusionMode = false (GI_Base.cpp, 366)

Alexey.Panteleev >> Maxime.Dupart
    What does that mean now? Will it only work in Maxwell+ after that?

It is nice but it should be a continuation.

SHA-1: 375d35e3e1574030cbf99bc6c6c39082c0b027b9

* Fixed the crash that happened on the creation of shaders when the GPU does not support FastGS.
    If the GPU doesn't support typed UAV loads on FP16 data, it will still crash unless r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode is set to 1 before enabling VXGI.
    I was actually the one that pointed out that issue. The latest version works for me, and I can freely change r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode, now that shaders have compiled and such. My old boat is still rocking a GeForce 750ti.

Comment

Maxime.Dupart my friend just did same test on 4.19.1 Official Nvidia Branch. He says there wasn’t an fps drop until activating VXGI in Post Procces Volume. Are we have this situation because of 4.19.2 or is there a complication with gameworks features or something like that?

Comment

Unless I'm missing something with your issue, you can of course expect a performance drop when enabling VXGI. It's not free, and the more features/combination of features you enable, the bigger the performance costs. I'm guessing I'm missing something specific though, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
          Unless I'm missing something with your issue, you can of course expect a performance drop when enabling VXGI. It's not free, and the more features/combination of features you enable, the bigger the performance costs. I'm guessing I'm missing something specific though, lol
          Of course, VXGI is an expensive feature but the problem is not its cost. I have already shared an ss. I will upload it again with some additionals to make it easy to understand. As you can see in the middle (which is vxgi enabled only on directional light but not in post process so there is no any visual change), there is a 30 fps drop but vxgi not enabled yet and there is no any vxgi element on GPU profiler. And according to my friend, this is not happening on 4.19.1 Nvidia branch. Also, another interesting situation is somehow GPU profiler can't capture or cant see some elements because in all scenarios GPU profiler shows lower frame times than viewport values.
          Last edited by MASSIVE Can; 04-28-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
            Hi everyone,

UE 4.19 branch with VXGI 2.0 is up on GitHub: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.19

I'll try to answer your questions about it here.
            woow. im about to get excited. But what's new?

Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
              New bugs

Comment

Originally posted by MASSIVE Can View Post

Of course, VXGI is an expensive feature but the problem is not its cost. I have already shared an ss. I will upload it again with some additionals to make it easy to understand. As you can see in the middle (which is vxgi enabled only on directional light but not in post process so there is no any visual change), there is a 30 fps drop but vxgi not enabled yet and there is no any vxgi element on GPU profiler. And according to my friend, this is not happening on 4.19.1 Nvidia branch. Also, another interesting situation is somehow GPU profiler can't capture or cant see some elements because in all scenarios GPU profiler shows lower frame times than viewport values.
                I found the cause for this perf drop. When a directional light has VXGI enabled, its shadow map is set up differently, with more objects being drawn into the shadow map to avoid indirect light popping when you look around. The problem is, that code doesn't account for the other VXGI settings being used, i.e. it shouldn't do that in VXAO/AL mode or when it's not enabled at all. I'll fix it next week.

Comment

https://developer.nvidia.com/vxgi

What’s New in Version 2.0
                  • VXAL, or Voxel Area Lighting
                  • Improved overall performance
                  • One-pass voxelization
                  • Simpler controls for tracing and voxelization
                  • Support for custom G-buffer layouts
                  • Stereo view reprojection
                  • Simultaneous VXGI and VXAO

Comment

LogD3D11RHI: Error: VXGI Error: VXGI requires a GPU that supports FP16 typed UAV loads natively (DX11.3) or through NVAPI (Maxwell+) when ambientOcclusionMode = false (GI_Base.cpp, 366)

Alexey.Panteleev >> Maxime.Dupart
                    What does that mean now? Will it only work in Maxwell+ after that?

It is nice but it should be a continuation.

SHA-1: 375d35e3e1574030cbf99bc6c6c39082c0b027b9

* Fixed the crash that happened on the creation of shaders when the GPU does not support FastGS.
                    If the GPU doesn't support typed UAV loads on FP16 data, it will still crash unless r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode is set to 1 before enabling VXGI.
                    Well, VXGI 2.0 actually requires a GPU with certain post-DX11.0 features to be completely functional. There is no plan to make it compatible with older GPUs again. But you can still use VXAO/AL on Kepler, for example.
                    It shouldn't crash though, I admit. That is to be improved.

Comment

@Alexey.Pateleev

Thank you for your devoted work. Is it possible to use VXGI 1.0 on UE4.19? I think it was a very sudden end to VXGI 1.0.

Comment

Thanks Alexey for your efforts on keeping VXGI alive! In my limited testing it's a major improvement. A few issues so far with the NVIDIA 4.19.1 build...

I'm assuming it isn't compatible with Forward Shading? Every time I try to open a level with Forward Shading enabled it crashes the editor.

I can get it working in VR (using Deferred Shading) but performance on a simple scene is still less than optimal. Any VR settings recommendations would be great to hear about.

On that note, have you thought about putting together 1-3 sample scenes representing simple yet optimal setups? It might alleviate many of the questions about best practices.

Comment

@Alexey.Pateleev

Thank you for your devoted work. Is it possible to use VXGI 1.0 on UE4.19? I think it was a very sudden end to VXGI 1.0.
                          LOL why would you use an inferior version

Comment

OH MY! OH MY! someone. merge vxgi and hairworks together please
                            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

I believe someone else already has!
                              Last edited by Derjyn; 04-28-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

There are two third party repos on this thread already that do that ;D
                                https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Working...
                                X