NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatmirVaraku View Post
    Sevenplex How can i build only HairWorks+VXGI without Blast,Flex,Flow from this?
    https://github.com/Sevenplex/UnrealEngine/tree/4.18-Blast-Flex-Flow-HairWorks-HBAO-VXGI-WaveWorks
    In a week I will create a branch

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenplex View Post

I wrote you detailed instructions in a private message.
      If you have a license all should work.
      Could I also have that info? Want to try it with waveworks.
      But waveworks does not seem to want to install. get this in vs2017 (see image below) ​​​​​​​

Followed these instructions:

1) Get a Github account

2) Install Visual Studio Express ( I think it needs to be 2013 to build UE4.9 )

3) Download or clone the latest waveworks build ( 4.9.2 is the latest one someone has made it for )

4) Switch to the correct git branch

5) Run setup.bat

6) Run generateprojectfiles.bat

7) Double click UE4.sln

8) Build UE4

9) Build the shader compiler thing

10) You should be able to launch the engine now from the build/ folder (it will get stuck at 45% for ages)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	error_waveworks.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1434965
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thijs Linssen View Post
        Could I also have that info?
        1) Get a Github account

2) Joined Github account and unreal account

3) Install Visual Studio 2015 CE

4) https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ky-integration

Comment

this would be so cool!! thanks a lot..as I also only need hairworks and vxgi

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse2012 View Post
              Okay, I have the latest flex Unreal build from Github. I compiled it and ran the editor. Does this only implement the soft bodies? I was hoping for the fluid simulation tech. Is there no demo project for that? Documentation to set it up?
              It doesn't do fluids. You may want to look at NVIDIA Flow for that.

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by 0lento View Post
                It doesn't do fluids. You may want to look at NVIDIA Flow for that.
                Thats not right. The entire point of Flex is that hardbodies, softbodies, cloth & fluid all use the same underlying particle simulation approach so can interact with eachother. And last time I tried it in UE4, there were demo scenes that showed all of this. Depending on the demo scene in question, some had the fluid rendered as simple balls, others used fluid surface shading to make it look like actual fluid. I am out of date though, the last time I tried this stuff was several UE4 versions ago (probably 4.16-4.17), its on my list of things to try again this week.

As for Flow, at its heart it uses a simulation that is commonly called a fluid simulation. But this sort of fluid sim is typically used for things like smoke, fire, gas clouds, not liquids. Actually nvidia did have a graphics demo many years ago that used this sort of sim to create a tank of water that could be interacted with, but its much rarer to see this attempted (required different rendering technique and probably a little extra stuff in the sim) and I dont think its made it into any available toolkit for game developers. And that one was trapped in a very basic grid, unlike the fancy stuff Flow does to improve efficiency, memory use and expand the physical game area a sim instance can be run in whilst still retaining practical framerates and appropriate level of sim & rendering detail.

Comment

I finally got Flow working, for a minute. This whole separate git branch for each different package is nutty. All this tech is separately maintain with their own unique build quirks. Seems like a lack of commitment to support. I guess I will wait on this until its a priority for nVidia, Epic, or somebody.

Comment

**Update:

I downloaded 0lento's version of 4.18 and am up and running in 4.18 after compiling, etc via VS2015. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I've been using the 4.17 build discussed here, and I am so thankful to have it; it has everything in it!

I'm slightly confused on the newer 4.18 builds posted my Maxime, though. Should I be using the SevenPlex ones?

There seems to be one for "4.18 Gameworks" and one that is "VXGI 4.18". I've compiled the 'gameworks' one a couple times and don't see VXGI & volumetric, etc in there.
                    Am I doing something wrong, or are these separated for a reason? I can grab the 'VXGI 4.18' version, but am assuming the other technologies are not included?
                    I very likely may simply be doing something wrong.

In VS2015 I just build the UE4 project and for 4.17 that was all that was needed -- should it be the same, or do I need to do other steps as well to get the rest?

Thank you for your help, everyone -- this is a wonderful thread to have here.
                    While I don't quite understand Nvidia's approach to all of these tech's being separate...it makes me appreciate this thread even more!

John

PS - One final 'different' question. If I build / package my 4.17 project, it seems to crash on launch -- is this happening for others?
                    Last edited by johnb4467; 03-02-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

For the VXGI build, does anyone know how to get the engine to "ignore" a slot in a multi-material-slot mesh for the purposes of determining occlusion?

It seems that Translucent materials are ignored, which I guess makes some sense.

But if I have a mesh with multiple material slots, it seems to ignore the entire mesh if just one slot has a Translucent material, even if all of the other slots are Opaque.

Here for this table mesh, I have two material slots.

Image 1: both slots Opaque:

Both slots opaque

Image 2: One slot Opaque, other Translucent (entire mesh is missing from reflection):
                      One Opaque, one Translucent

Image 3: One slot Opaque, the other WorldGridMaterial (only WorldGridMaterial is missing from reflection):
                      One Opaque, one WorldGridMaterial

In the last image, you can tell from the reflection that the engine is treating the Opaque-material part of the mesh (bottom part of table) as an occluder and ignoring the WorldGridMaterial (top of the table). How can I get it to do the same thing with the material setup in Image 2?

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
                        For the VXGI build, does anyone know how to get the engine to "ignore" a slot in a multi-material-slot mesh for the purposes of determining occlusion?

It seems that Translucent materials are ignored, which I guess makes some sense.

But if I have a mesh with multiple material slots, it seems to ignore the entire mesh if just one slot has a Translucent material, even if all of the other slots are Opaque.

Here for this table mesh, I have two material slots.

Image 1: both slots Opaque:

Both slots opaque

Image 2: One slot Opaque, other Translucent (entire mesh is missing from reflection):
                        One Opaque, one Translucent

Image 3: One slot Opaque, the other WorldGridMaterial (only WorldGridMaterial is missing from reflection):
                        One Opaque, one WorldGridMaterial

In the last image, you can tell from the reflection that the engine is treating the Opaque-material part of the mesh (bottom part of table) as an occluder and ignoring the WorldGridMaterial (top of the table). How can I get it to do the same thing with the material setup in Image 2?
                        Can you send my sample project may be i can help you
                        Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Sure - here's a simple project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bS...deLo4mmvI5kB72

To view the behavior, open "NewMap," select the table in the scene. If you change the material in the "Element 1" to "M_empty," you should see something like Image 3. This was built in a custom VXGI build with other stuff added, but I think you should be able to convert it to a VXGI-only build project.

Grateful for any assistance anyone could provide!

Comment

Originally posted by WindyStrife
                            Hi, everyone, I fork and create new repo(public repo no need add github to epic game account) for stable builds of several Nvidia technology merged together in Unreal Engine 4.18.3
                            with VXGI + HBAO+ Volumetric Lightning + HairWorks+Blast+Flex+Flow+WaveWorks
                            MOD EDIT: Link removed
                            Tested download this branch on other computer, complie and package successfully with Visual Studio 2015 ( i think VS 2017 will worked too)
                            will plugins from the marketplace work with this?
                            Last edited by ryanjon2040; 03-08-2018, 02:29 AM. Reason: Edited to remove public link of UE4 source

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

will plugins from the marketplace work with this?
                              if it is compatible with 4.18, you need to recomplie it, sure work
                              Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Thanks, thanks, thanks and thousands thanks !!

Awesome !!. Great work, WindyStrife

You are great !!

Comment

Working...
                                X