No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sevenplex when I try to compile this latest build in visual studio 2017, I get "The program can't because because ue4editor-engine.dll is missing" , I tried "Clean Solution" to wipe out and build again, I tried "rebuild" but nothing works.

I'm building the entry highlighted in the image, when that didnt work I also tried building the "UE4" entry just below the "Engine" folder like I did with your other forks but nothing...am I making something i shouldnt do?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WindyStrife View Post
      You need to right click and build this solution to fix your issue
      Of course, unreal engine editor need to restart
      thanks Windystrife for that tip ..it works now...i was building only the UE4 Solution on the "engine" folder.

but regarding the latest fork from sevenplex i still cannot build correctly .. the dll is still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by nildoe View Post
        Sevenplex when I try to compile this latest build in visual studio 2017, I get "The program can't because because ue4editor-engine.dll is missing" , I tried "Clean Solution" to wipe out and build again, I tried "rebuild" but nothing works.

I'm building the entry highlighted in the image, when that didnt work I also tried building the "UE4" entry just below the "Engine" folder like I did with your other forks but nothing...am I making something i shouldnt do?
        Use Visual Studio 2015

Comment

Sevenplex thanks for your reply...but may I ask why the difference? I mean your previous fork built just fine in visual 2017, with the exception of the blast error that seems to make no difference anyway?!

Comment

Originally posted by nildoe View Post
            Sevenplex thanks for your reply...but may I ask why the difference? I mean your previous fork built just fine in visual 2017, with the exception of the blast error that seems to make no difference anyway?!
            Don't know. I use VS2015. I don't tested in VS2017. Thanks for question. I'll check.

Comment

Hey im Lucas from Switzerland.
              ​​​Me an several other Persons workin on a Timetravel Game.
              ​​​We use a build from maximedup for Gameworks integration for our Game.
              We had some issues with other Plugins we bought and have to update our engine to 4.17 or 4.18 so i went to maximedups Github page... But there are no more Repositories... Do you know whats going on there ? I hope you know more about

Greetings from Switzerland

Comment

Sevenplex tried with VS2017 and then saw your comment about VS2015. Removed the repo, cloned again, generated files etc and when building I get the exact same error as Nildoe above stated with the missing "UE4Editor-Engine.dll". Any further suggestions on how to make this work (or some info about your setup and to see why it works for you)?

Comment

0lento Can you branch GameWorks to UE 4.19.x ?

Comment

@Sevenplex: i met this issue with your branch
                    https://github.com/Sevenplex/UnrealEngine/tree/4.18-Blast-Flex-Flow-HairWorks-HBAO-VXGI-WaveWorks

4> UE4Editor-BlastMeshEditor.dll (0:01.68 at +38:00)
                    4>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'NvBlastExtAuthoringPROFILE_x64.lib'
                    4>
                    4> Error executing C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe (tool returned code: 1181)
                    4> ---------------------- Done ----------------------

Previous build of you can build well no error, i use VS 2015
                    Last edited by WindyStrife; 02-23-2018, 10:31 AM.
                    Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Originally posted by GTokan3d View Post
                      Sevenplex tried with VS2017 and then saw your comment about VS2015. Removed the repo, cloned again, generated files etc and when building I get the exact same error as Nildoe above stated with the missing "UE4Editor-Engine.dll". Any further suggestions on how to make this work (or some info about your setup and to see why it works for you)?
                      Try it:

GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2015

Flag -2015 generates projects in a format native to VS 2015. The Visual C++ 2015 compiler will be used to compile when this option is set.

Comment

Originally posted by WindyStrife View Post
                        @Sevenplex: i met this issue with your branch
                        https://github.com/Sevenplex/UnrealEngine/tree/4.18-Blast-Flex-Flow-HairWorks-HBAO-VXGI-WaveWorks

4> UE4Editor-BlastMeshEditor.dll (0:01.68 at +38:00)
                        4>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'NvBlastExtAuthoringPROFILE_x64.lib'
                        4>
                        4> Error executing C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe (tool returned code: 1181)
                        4> ---------------------- Done ----------------------

Previous build of you can build well no error, i use VS 2015
                        Ok. I'll check.

Comment

Sevenplex how to generates project in native format?

Comment

Sevenplex How can i build only HairWorks+VXGI without Blast,Flex,Flow from this?

Comment

Okay, I have the latest flex Unreal build from Github. I compiled it and ran the editor. Does this only implement the soft bodies? I was hoping for the fluid simulation tech. Is there no demo project for that? Documentation to set it up?

Cheers,

Raymond

Comment

A few quick questions.

1. Has Epic commented to if or why these components are not being included as core plugins, seems a bit strange but maybe I am missing something.
                                2. Has anybody heard about destruction 2.0? Is that now becoming Blast or something else?

Thanks to all for all the good work in providing integrated streams.

C

Comment

Working...
                                X