NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Olento i like your combined Ue4 Branches ive had nothing but problem free branches, I was wondering do you have a branch with just Flex, hair and Blast for 4.21 ? And i understand that i need vs 2017 will vs 2017 community work or is there a specific vs 2017 that you use? thank you for taking the time to make these branches.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post

I'm pretty busy nowadays but I can take a look later on if Nvidia doesn't upgrade it (I'd really hope they would as there are pretty big changes that they might want to solve differently). I did look at WaveWorks too but it's not at least quick merge so it's not happening now from my part at least.
    Thanks for the answer. I understood.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah yes, we were talking about VXGI 2 (at least I was assuming so). VXGI (1) "ran" on my old GTX670 but obviously it was totally unusable there as it couldn't run it at acceptable framerates

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty sure that's what it means, hence not super happy to include it on these merges (I prefer having things that people can actually use on commercial games). You can run VXAO on lesser hw (probably also on AMD?), but not the VXGI. Afaik there's not a single (well known) game out there using VXGI but there are few AAA games that have optional VXAO mode.

There are use cases for Nvidia only stuff if you do visualization / presentations on fixed hw though.
    If I'm not super mistaken, VXGI2 is maxwell+ only. ( ie nvidia 900+, though the... 780 ti? and another 7-series card are the exception. )
    But VXGI 1 is works on both, and only relies on the proper DirectX support. Though it has optimizations specifically for nvidia in the settings. (Material settings, I think? It's been a while.)

To echo what you've said though. I've seen VXAO only in Tomb Raider(2, atleast.), I think.
    Never seen or heard of a full on VXGI implementation, and with the spectre of DXR/RTX looming overhead I suspect anyone interested in eating the performance cost will jump straight to DXR/RTX.
    Last edited by ax448; 12-01-2018, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaximumDup View Post
    "VXGI requires a NVIDIA GeForce 900-series GPUs", to be sure : does it mean that it's not working at all on AMD GPU ?.
    Pretty sure that's what it means, hence not super happy to include it on these merges (I prefer having things that people can actually use on commercial games). You can run VXAO on lesser hw (probably also on AMD?), but not the VXGI. Afaik there's not a single (well known) game out there using VXGI but there are few AAA games that have optional VXAO mode.

There are use cases for Nvidia only stuff if you do visualization / presentations on fixed hw though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "VXGI requires a NVIDIA GeForce 900-series GPUs", to be sure : does it mean that it's not working at all on AMD GPU ?

Think i had the answer to this question a while back but completely forgot.
    Last edited by MaximeDupart; 12-01-2018, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MiroYar View Post

Good day! As I understand it, in the coming days you will not engage in integration FleX in UE 4.21. But should we expect integration in the next few months?
    I'm pretty busy nowadays but I can take a look later on if Nvidia doesn't upgrade it (I'd really hope they would as there are pretty big changes that they might want to solve differently). I did look at WaveWorks too but it's not at least quick merge so it's not happening now from my part at least.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Devostated View Post
    0lento will you add Volumetric Lighting soon? You had it in 4.20 so I was wondering about it.
    I did try it, Volumetric Lighting somehow messed up all rendering. I just get constant flickering. I'll do a new merge and see if I missed something.
    Last edited by 0lento; 12-01-2018, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FleX is tedious to port atm as like mentioned before it requires a lot of manual work due to the underlying UE 4.21 physics interface changes. I'm currently testing a new 4.21-GameWorks build, will post details once I've verified it works (FleX isn't included, sorry).
    Good day! As I understand it, in the coming days you will not engage in integration FleX in UE 4.21. But should we expect integration in the next few months?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HBAO+ is moved to ScreenSpaceAO on my fork (commit here) so it will a) work in forward b) take light and shadows into account when AO is applied, just like UE4 SSAO. There isn't toggle for this so if you want the old behavior (HBAO+ rendered on top of everything), you can just revert the commit that makes this change if you've cloned the git repo, from commandline and using 4.21-Gameworks the command to revert this specific commit would be
    Alright, thanks for the solution too, I'll mess around with the current implementation a bit and see how it works out in practice for me, and compare it to the old solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    0lento will you add Volumetric Lighting soon? You had it in 4.20 so I was wondering about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ax448 View Post
    But I'm curious, why does VXGI AO disable HBAO?
    I've done a couple scenes where I adjust multiple different AO types to get some extra control out of it. (For animation clips, or stills.)

And I could have sworn it was possible to combine them before?
    HBAO+ is moved to ScreenSpaceAO on my fork (commit here) so it will a) work in forward b) take light and shadows into account when AO is applied, just like UE4 SSAO. There isn't toggle for this so if you want the old behavior (HBAO+ rendered on top of everything), you can just revert the commit that makes this change if you've cloned the git repo, from commandline and using 4.21-Gameworks the command to revert this specific commit would be

git revert cace42d

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice going 0lento, it seems to work great. ( VXGI2 + gameworks 4.21, that is. )
    But I'm curious, why does VXGI AO disable HBAO?
    I've done a couple scenes where I adjust multiple different AO types to get some extra control out of it. (For animation clips, or stills.)

And I could have sworn it was possible to combine them before?
    VXAO + SSAO works, but HBAO doesn't work with either one.

Per the info on the branch SSAO and HBAO are exclusive, you have to go with one or the other. But does this extend to VXAO as well?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kristof Dely View Post
    I'm getting shader compiler error for some of my materials with the new VXGI2-4.21 branch. I didn't get this error in v.4.20 an earlier VXGI builds.
    Using this now:
    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.21

Any idea how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Error:
    LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/OldTavern/Materials/Master/MAT_Wood.MAT_Wood for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.
    LogShaderCompilers: Display: GI_UserDefinedShaderFactoryD3D11.cpp(580): Cannot compile shader: UserDefined\\VoxelizePS.hlsl(407,5): warning X4000: use of potentially uninitialized variable (VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance)
    /Engine/Private/ShadowProjectionCommon.ush(25,24-52): err0r X4510: maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded
    LogShaderCompilers: Display: (): VxgiCompiler->compileVoxelizationPixelShader failed: Status=12

I have searched for "VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance" in the whole code and only find two file that using this variable:
    • Engine\Shaders\VXGIVoxelizationPixelShader.usf
    • Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\include\GFSDK_VXGI.h
    Forget it. This is not related to VXGI, sorry. This is an engine limitation.
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...s-than-16.html
    The big question, why I didn't get this error in earlier versions? I didn't modify anything in my materials, just upgraded to UE 4.21.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm getting shader compiler error for some of my materials with the new VXGI2-4.21 branch. I didn't get this error in v.4.20 an earlier VXGI builds.
    Using this now:
    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI2-4.21

Any idea how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Error:
    LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/OldTavern/Materials/Master/MAT_Wood.MAT_Wood for platform PCD3D_SM5, Default Material will be used in game.
    LogShaderCompilers: Display: GI_UserDefinedShaderFactoryD3D11.cpp(580): Cannot compile shader: UserDefined\\VoxelizePS.hlsl(407,5): warning X4000: use of potentially uninitialized variable (VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance)
    /Engine/Private/ShadowProjectionCommon.ush(25,24-52): err0r X4510: maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded
    LogShaderCompilers: Display: (): VxgiCompiler->compileVoxelizationPixelShader failed: Status=12

I have searched for "VxgiGetIndirectIrradiance" in the whole code and only find two file that using this variable:
    • Engine\Shaders\VXGIVoxelizationPixelShader.usf
    • Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\include\GFSDK_VXGI.h

Leave a comment:

Working...
X