NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aximandis View Post
    (be sure you’re logged in to your GitHub account or you’ll get a 404 error)
    Also be sure to have your GitHub account connected to your Unreal Engine account. That part is what had me pulling my hair out for a while.

Originally posted by WindyStrife View Post
    Nice! Thanks!

Comment

hey, are there any plans to make FleX work with skeletal meshs or only turn parts of a mesh into fleX? I realy like fleX but without these features I can't realy use it :/ Thanks for the great work guys I am looking forward to every update!

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
        hey, are there any plans to make FleX work with skeletal meshs or only turn parts of a mesh into fleX? I realy like fleX but without these features I can't realy use it :/ Thanks for the great work guys I am looking forward to every update!
        You may want to check this thread. The method allows to glue parts of mesh to animated actors with collision. No falloff feature as far as I know, so it's hard to use in some cases.
        Animated NVIDIA Flex soft body rig - Unreal Engine Forums

Edit: ^_^
        Last edited by AyanMiru; 12-20-2017, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,
          is there any Hairworks Version that works with UE 4.17 yet? Or does anyone know if and when it will be usable ?

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
            Any word on a 4.18 VXGI branch?
            VXGI 4.18 With HBAO+ : https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.18

Comment

Originally posted by Aximandis View Post
              First post here, and new to UE4, so bear with my noobyness. Sorry if this has been discussed here before.

I'm trying to import an .apx Hairworks file saved out of the Hairworks viewer into the latest version of UE, but I don't even see the .apx file option on the import list. Won't read the .apx file, and drag and drop doesn't work either.

I'm using the regular version of UE 4.18.1 downloaded through the launcher, do I need to build UE from the source code to use GameWorks effects?

Many thanks.
              I'm not sure but I did not find any information about hairworks usable in this version.
              The only one I got to work is currently in UE 4.16 and therefore I needed to rebuild the engine via Visual studio.
              You need to have a connection between your Epic and your Github account and then you can download the files.

But I would really like to know when it will be usable in a newer UE version

Comment

Originally posted by AyanMiru View Post

You may want to check this thread. The method allows to glue parts of mesh to animated actors with collision. No falloff feature as far as I know, so it's hard to use in some cases.
                Animated NVIDIA Flex soft body rig - Unreal Engine Forums

Edit: ^_^
                Thanks for the answer This looks pretty interesting but since it still uses static mesh morphs will not work and also making everything a soft body sounds pretty performance expansive :/

Comment

hi all guys.
                  (A) i usual used VXGI with 4.17 for some works.
                  (B) i delated the dir about 4.17 and downloaded+installed the VXGI 4.18

now i can't use this VXGI anymore:
                  for exemple with 4.18 VXGI(B) if i create a scene the GI result like "bloked". i cant chage sky light intesity so i cant work (sun light works good)

if i delate the VXGI 4.18(B) dir and i download and re-istall the VXGI(C) 4.17 i get the SAME problem

if i use VXGI 4.18(B) and i convert a progect made with VXGI 4.17(A) the VXGI works good

i cant understand what happend

someone can help me please?

Comment

Quick question, I was wondering if it was possible to expose HairWorks property into the sequencer with BP magic in order to keyframe some of the Hairworks value for cinematics purpose?
                    I've heard it was possible only by a risky attempt of editing the source code macros of FHairWorksInstance to allow the HairWorksAssets and HairworksMaterials to be modified in the event graph and construction script, did somoene already experimented with this subject ?
                    Last edited by Novarek; 12-27-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Hello! This is released https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...4.18-GameWorks ?

Comment

Originally posted by VinaCaptcha View Post
                        vxgi nvflow blast flex hairworks everything is works?
                        i think simple version 4.18.

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

vxgi nvflow blast flex hairworks everything is works?
                          i think simple version 4.18.
                          I will be test this version tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by VinaCaptcha View Post

I will be test this version tonight!
                            please you will tell me work or not work
                            I want test but my pc cmd doesnt work, powershell is cant useable,

Comment

anybody test 4.18 gameworks?

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post
                                anybody test 4.18 gameworks?
                                Maxime said this about it:

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                                In this 4.18 version there's only Blast and Flow.

The most complete version to date is the 4.17 https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealEngine
                                In this post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...55#post1395355

Comment

Working...
                                X