NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
    I have updated the merged 4.17 build with the addition of Volumetric Lightning:

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...17.X-GameWorks

In the video below i'm playing with the updated HBAO and mixing VXGI/Volumetric light in the Museum demo scene from Vol.Light Samples.
    The setup of the Museum is similar to the one i did back on 4.14.3 a while back.
    The updated HBAO is awesome !

You can download a packaged development build of this Museum Scene on this link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...mNkVlJpMHViMHc

It'll allow you to play with all the parameters using the console, testing the performance etc..
    HBAO seems to be disabled by default, you'll have to use r.HBAO.Enable 1 to activate it.
    thank you so much
    WaveWork branh 4.17 is available, if you can merge it into your custom build, it's absolutely awesome
    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...WaveWorks_4.17
    Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WindyStrife View Post

thank you so much
      WaveWork branh 4.17 is available, if you can merge it into your custom build, it's absolutely awesome
      https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...WaveWorks_4.17
      Done
      The build is much bigger with the addition of WaveWorks and its demo file now. Also, i noticed color issues while transitionning from under water/above.

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...17.X-GameWorks

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 10-30-2017, 07:42 PM.
      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Does anyone know how to change the mass (see image below) of a Flex Actor, in blueprint at runtime? It is possible to set the mass when opening a Flex asset, but I can't seem to change it at runtime.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedrigidasset_LI.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1378049

Comment

you are the best @Maxime.Dupart,
          Thanks you very much.

your 4.17 branch is awesome !!

Comment

Maxime.Dupart
            Thank you soo much for the merged 4.17

I was stuck at 4.15, because I couldn't find an other branch including WaveWork, VXGI, Flex, Flow at the same time.

Can you tell me how to proceed if I want to erase one of the plugins (HairWorks for example)?

And also do any of you guys got infos about TurfEffect?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Colby View Post
              you are the best @Maxime.Dupart,
              Thanks you very much.

your 4.17 branch is awesome !!

Originally posted by Kendrickxy View Post
              Maxime.Dupart
              Thank you soo much for the merged 4.17

I was stuck at 4.15, because I couldn't find an other branch including WaveWork, VXGI, Flex, Flow at the same time.

Can you tell me how to proceed if I want to erase one of the plugins (HairWorks for example)?

And also do any of you guys got infos about TurfEffect?
              Thank you both ! As a player, i just wish more game were using all those awesome technologies.

Removing HairWorks would be a bit painful to do, for little to no gain at all.

LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Maxime.Dupart
                Haha!
                Ok I'll see what I can do with HairWorks in my game, and I'll let you guys informed about any major progress I've made!

Comment

is anyone having trouble with 4.17 vxgi (im using Maxime.Dupart build)
                  basically it (kinda) works on already made project, for example the cornell box worked for me when i opened it (multibounce off, the emittance voxels view was looking proper) then i re-opened the project and the emmitance voxel view is just like looking at it in lit mode, the opacity voxel mode does work it looks proper but there was just no vxgi lighting at all. then i set the multibounce to 1 and it magically worked (even tho that the first time i opened the project it worked without multibounce 1), setting mb back to 0 also makes the voxel view empty again. then i tried another project that i made in 4.17 and just merged the assets from my 4.15 project, the voxel view was just half empty and some of the emmisive materials were voxelized, but again when in lit mode they just did nothing (vxgi light was not produced). i am sure that my post process volume is in the level and that vxgi is enabled.

my friend tried the same and got the same results, can someone else try this and report back aswell?

steps to reproduce:
                  1. make a new 4.17 project
                  2. make an EMPTY level
                  3. make a default material with just a color in it, make another material thats strongly emmisive
                  4. place a plane and put the color mat on it, then add a cube and put the emmisive mat on it
                  5. place the PPV in the level and enable vxgi
                  6. check your voxel views

the steps explained above SHOULD and DO work in 4.15 vxgi but in 4.17 they just dont

Comment

Hello, when we have FleX in UE 4.18.X ?

Comment

I'm rather impressed by Call of Duty ambient Occlusion GTAO compared to HBAO+, and especially the lower performance cost it has? What do you think?
                      Check the hand holding the weapon in this comparative video below:

Attached Files
                      Last edited by MaximeDupart; 11-05-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I am getting compilation errors when trying to compile the 4.17.1 Flex branch on windows with visual studio 2017.

I have followed the steps correctly, and I get 15 errors after compilation. I have tried compiling multiple times and I have tried running visual studio with admin rights.

Please let me know how to solve this.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.0 Studios View Post
                          I am getting compilation errors when trying to compile the 4.17.1 Flex branch on windows with visual studio 2017.

I have followed the steps correctly, and I get 15 errors after compilation. I have tried compiling multiple times and I have tried running visual studio with admin rights.

Please let me know how to solve this.
                          If you can find the Gen2017.bat in your files, try to use it instead of Generateproject.bat. Maybe it will work? (just a thought) Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-06 12_24_17-4.17GW.png
Views:	58
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1381040

Comment

Please, guys, give me the latest version of ue4 with flex inside! Help! I spend on this 4 days and nothing happened - only bugs and errors!!!

Comment

Started playing around with Unreal Engine 4.18

Here is a build with Nvidia Flow and Nvidia Blast on UE 4.18:
                              https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...4.18-GameWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                                Started playing around with Unreal Engine 4.18

Here is a build with Nvidia Flow and Nvidia Blast on UE 4.18:
                                https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...4.18-GameWorks
                                Thanks Maxime,
                                I get this error when built for Win64... Not sure why a Mac\ folder is involved.

Error C2039 'MergeShaderCacheFiles': is not a member of 'FShaderCache'
                                E:\UE\UE_4.18_GameWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\Mac\ShaderCacheTool\Private\ShaderCacheTool.cpp

Probably my fault somehow but can't tinker with it just now... Any ideas?

Thanks for all your hard work.

*Edit: Am using VS2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X