X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. .Maxime.Dupart

You are great !!

Comment

Recently, I worked on a project with engine compiled from NVIDIA Waveworks branch. (The branch name is waveworks-4.16 in github.) All the functions relevant to Waveworks are good to work. But once I put a camera into current level, UE Editor will get stuck and close with error several minutes later.

I also did some test, and found that only when I selected the camera and the preview window appeared at lower right corner, the UE Editor stuck. Seems that it can't render with two cameras (main view and the camera preview), because I had received a error about "D3D device is lost" one time.

So, does anybody have some idea about this situation? Or is there some settings need to change? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Soldier View Post
        Recently, I worked on a project with engine compiled from NVIDIA Waveworks branch. (The branch name is waveworks-4.16 in github.) All the functions relevant to Waveworks are good to work. But once I put a camera into current level, UE Editor will get stuck and close with error several minutes later.

I also did some test, and found that only when I selected the camera and the preview window appeared at lower right corner, the UE Editor stuck. Seems that it can't render with two cameras (main view and the camera preview), because I had received a error about "D3D device is lost" one time.

So, does anybody have some idea about this situation? Or is there some settings need to change? Thanks a lot.
        Are you overclocking your GPU?

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Soldier View Post

https://unreal-engine-issues.herokua...issue/UE-42280
          Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
          Dallas, TX USA
          https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by RealityLost View Post

Are you overclocking your GPU?
            Hi, RealityLost. Before I placed the camera, the Editor's fps is about 90. So I think the workload is okay for GPU.

And I had another try yesterday. No more D3D device error occurred, but only stuck my editor. After that, the editor won't crash but still work, seems like waiting for some operation haven't been done. That's quite strange.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.
            Last edited by Last_Soldier; 09-21-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks man, I will report this issue if the crashes occur again.

Comment

I've updated the GameWorks 4.17 merged branch with the latest update from the VXGI branch which are truly awesome.
                I suggest you check it out for yourself:
                https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...mits/VXGI-4.17

There's also a HBAO+ upgrade included.
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

I wish hairworks would support VXGI bounce. Right now it's hard to get rid of the very dark shadows / self shadows. At the moment that's only possible with a bright movable skylight, which blows out everything else unfortunately.
                  ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I have a strange usecase, perhaps i can get some advice? I am after a man made of many balls- imagine a monster that emerges from a ball pit.
                    I was thinking we could use flex but actually somehow render the particle solver inside a soft body actor rather then the soft body mesh it distorts. Anyone have any tips on how this could be done?

Ideally i'm gonna run it through a Kinect so we have a strange visualisation of being a ball monster. Thanks guys!
                    JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

I am looking for a guide, help, tutorial or any information really on merging multiple nvidia plugins together. Combing over google hasn't had much success but maybe I'm asking the wrong questions.

Alternatively if anyone has a link to a github repository with multiple plugins merged together including blast i'd appreciate it if you'd be willing to share the link

Comment

Does anyone have any information about Nvidia's Volumetrics for 4.17? Nvidia's Volumetric lighting build i find is a lot more impressive than UE4's current volumetric system, hopefully soon they will release a build for 4.17 if someone hasn't already ported it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                          I wish hairworks would support VXGI bounce. Right now it's hard to get rid of the very dark shadows / self shadows. At the moment that's only possible with a bright movable skylight, which blows out everything else unfortunately.
                          I ran into a user on reddit that merged 4.17 with the volumetric lighting build but I haven't seen an actual version that we can use. I'm dying to get it as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koniferus View Post

I ran into a user on reddit that merged 4.17 with the volumetric lighting build but I haven't seen an actual version that we can use. I'm dying to get it as well!!
                            I might give it a shot as i may actually need it. Nvidia volumetric solution works better than Epic solution for moving objects.
                            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Koniferus View Post

Since you quoted my post. I don't see how volumetric lighting would help with the problem I described?
                              Last edited by The_Distiller; 10-03-2017, 12:21 AM.
                              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Hey all,

Firstly, thank you to the contributors that keep this integration up to date. We're loving using it.

I have a question regarding build times, as I'm making some source changes. I'm playing around in FlexContainerInstance.cpp and some other nearby files, and rebuilds are taking 47 minutes even after very minor changes. We're using VS2017 community edition.

Any advice on improving build times?

This debug loop of nearly an hour is gonna drive me insane.

Kind Regards

JohnnyJimJams

Comment

Working...
                                X