NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
    Anyone with VXGI 4.17 having trouble with VS throwing out errors caused by StageFiles? Its giving me errors for the VXGI/HBAO stagefiles on top of other inputs for other plugins. :/ The error also comes bundled with "error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'UnrealBuildTool.DirectoryReference' to 'string'"

So close to finally upgrading to the new engine and can take advantage of Volumetric Fog, but this is the only things preventing the transition.
    Maybe check my pullrequest, i had to fix a similar issue:

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/368/files

Sidenote: There's a new repo named "Blast" which seems to provide incredible destructions. It sounds incredible!
    Can't wait to see what those destruction looks like, i'm downloading now. The timing is just perfect as i'm working on some Level design right now, it's fantastic !
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hey. Please tell me how to install hairwork. I do everything according to the instructions, but the project does not start and crashes at 98%. maybe someone has already collected versions of UE version 4.12 and higher? Who can unload, so I can download?

Comment

Originally posted by Len80 View Post
        Hey. Please tell me how to install hairwork. I do everything according to the instructions, but the project does not start and crashes at 98%. maybe someone has already collected versions of UE version 4.12 and higher? Who can unload, so I can download?

Use this build by Xu Nie

https://github.com/niexuchina/Unreal...7-HairWorks1.4

Worked great for me

Comment

Actually has anyone here merged the VR Funhouse branch with 4.17? For me it seems like a good integration out of the box.. especially if you are VRing

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...RFunhouse-4.11

Comment

Is Flex integrated to UE4.17 yet? I was using Gameworks integration that was made by MaximeDup but I couldn't find it for 4.17.

Thanks! (:

Comment

VXGI 4.17 branch was updated 4hours ago with the same fix as my pull request.
              If you grab or update the branch now you should be able to package from it.

Thanks Alexey.Panteleev !
              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by jamietelford View Post

Use this build by Xu Nie

https://github.com/niexuchina/Unreal...7-HairWorks1.4

Worked great for me
                I can not open this page. And in the search for ready assemblies there

Comment

Hi, I just saw the Blast... I am assuming that the engine needs to be built, it is not just a plugin correct?

Comment

i want merge https://github.com/niexuchina/Unreal...7-HairWorks1.4 in vxgi and flex please help me how to resolve conflict thank you

Comment

Hi.i use Maxime.Dupart branch(4.16.2: Flex - Volumetric Lightning - HairWorks - Flow) and when i use foliage tool , painted meshes has issue like below pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can't help you with that i'm afraid. Have you tried on 4.17. I might make a merged build of Nvidia packages later today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                          Can't help you with that i'm afraid. Have you tried on 4.17. I might make a merged build of Nvidia packages later today or tomorrow.
                          I think Epic mentioned they'll release 4.17.2 next week with a big list of bug fixes. Might make sense to wait for that, just saying And thanks for providing those merged branches in general, really appreciate it!
                          ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post

I think Epic mentioned they'll release 4.17.2 next week with a big list of bug fixes. Might make sense to wait for that, just saying And thanks for providing those merged branches in general, really appreciate it!
                            I'm actually using the version branches from the Epic repository instead of the 'release' branch.

Here is the current 4.17.2, updated 6hours ago by Epic, featuring: Nvidia Blast, VXGI, Flow, and Flex.

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...17.X-GameWorks

Don't forget to answer 'no' while using setup.bat, otherwise you'll overwrite files intentionally modified.

Moreover you need to Build ShaderCompileWorker in the 'Programs' part of the "Solution 'UE4' in Visual Studio,as well as Unreal Lightmass if you don't want any 'swarm not starting' issues while baking light.

Requirements for VXGI are 4+Core and 16Gb Ram. Performance settings usually means using only VXGI Diffuse with 4 Cones using those commands:

r.VXGI.MapSize 64
                            not fogetting r.VXGI.MultiBounceEnable 1 (otherwise you're missing the best )

Working with Flow the usual workflow is to start by creating a collision channel (named 'Flow' in example project) and putting it on ignore by default.
                            On each object you want to interact with flow you swap their collision to 'block' on the flow channel and add a flow emitter component to them.

Below is a short video in which i'm playing with this merged build and setup a character to interact with the smoke (while actually figuring it out for myself). I'm also showing the demo map of the new branch 'Blast' which is incredible:

NB: framerate is from a 980-ti at 4K, using i7-5820K at 4.4Ghz, and 16Gb ram
                            Last edited by MaximeDupart; 09-14-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

@Maxime.Dupart Is it possible to add the latest Hairworks branch from Niexuchina to your merge?
                              Last edited by The_Distiller; 09-14-2017, 11:02 AM.
                              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                                @Maxime.Dupart Is it possible to add the latest Hairworks branch from Niexuchina to your merge?
                                It's done - available here:

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealEngine

Also updated 4.17.2 with latest update

Comment

Working...
                                X