Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    Yes, that's me. I'm downloading the latest zip now to see if I can reproduce the problem.

    When you ran setup, did you overwrite the nvapi libs? I chose 'no' in the command prompt, and I was able to build UE4 from the solution without error.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26255[/ATTACH]
    Yes, I figured it out, thanks, it compiled now!

    Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    It's in the UE4 Solution, in VS Solution Explorer panel, under Programs.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26269[/ATTACH]
    I was going to ask same question. I found it an compiled it. Thanks !

    Comment


      Originally posted by iniside View Post
      Also. There seems, to be no AO at all. When looking at AO debug mode, it seems ok, but when looking normally, there doesn't seem be any AO. Either it's to weak to notice, or idk.

      Would be nice to have some settings exposed for AO.
      In their museum demo: https://developer.nvidia.com/gi-works, there showed realtime indirect specular and realtime AO! I don't know, maybe the UE4 integration is not finished yet just like Flex.


      BTW, how to see the interaction voxels in the Cornell Box sample just like in the second video

      Edit: From this pic: Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi_doc_snip.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1066788

      You can enable AO mode from this console command.

      BTW, in BaseEngine.ini, bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false , what does it do and what happens if you turn it to true?

      Ok, I found BaseEngine.ini in Engine\Config ( I opened it with notepad ++ because notepad gives messy results) but where to put the console commands (sorry I never used them before)? Thanks !
      Last edited by Nudlegaru; 02-20-2015, 08:02 AM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post

        [B]GPU: GTX 980 (347.25)
        There is 347.52 driver (the latest).

        Comment


          Hopefully Nvidia will include a more impressive demo than the Cornell Box in the future, I need something that will impress the Wife.

          Comment


            Originally posted by dinker99 View Post
            Hopefully Nvidia will include a more impressive demo than the Cornell Box in the future, I need something that will impress the Wife.
            Lol! Well, Mike said in a previous post that he has more impressive demos but github can't bear heavy files.

            Comment


              Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
              where to put the console commands (sorry I never used them before)? Thanks !
              In Editor, press the Tilde key and type those console variables. For example: type r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable 1 and press enter to enable VXGI. NOTE: 1 is enable and 0 is disable.

              Or

              You can open Output Log and type the same above thing.
              Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
              Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
              Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

              [PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
              [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
              My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

              Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
              Your Friendly Neighborhood
              Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

              Comment


                Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                In Editor, press the Tilde key and type those console variables. For example: type r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable 1 and press enter to enable VXGI. NOTE: 1 is enable and 0 is disable.

                Or

                You can open Output Log and type the same above thing.
                Tilde key didn't work for me I don't know why (maybe because I have an AZERTY keyboard). Outpot Log did work though. Thanks!

                Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                It's in the root directory of the repo, the latest commit added it. Three slides is all there is right now, I'm afraid. Here is the other useful one:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26060[/ATTACH]


                The materials settings are near the bottom of the rollout panel in the materials editor:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26061[/ATTACH]

                - I typed r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable 1 in the console now but I could not find "Have « Used With VXGI » check box set on all surface materials"

                - When I typed r.VXGIDebugMode 2 or 3 or 0 to see the interaction voxels like in your Nvidia video, I didn't get anything.

                - I found the Material Parameters where you told me, but I couldn't find Cone Tracing Parameters.


                I hope you answer me about that. We need a detailed guide/wiki about this. Thanks !

                Comment


                  Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                  Tilde key didn't work for me I don't know why (maybe because I have an AZERTY keyboard). Outpot Log did work though. Thanks!
                  Tilde key only works if viewport is in focus. ie: If you clicked anywhere else (eg: Content Browser, Details panel etc) then it wont work.

                  Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                  - I typed r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable 1 in the console now but I could not find "Have « Used With VXGI » check box set on all surface materials"
                  Are you sure you dont have Used with Vxgi Voxelization option in your material?

                  Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                  - When I typed r.VXGIDebugMode 2 or 3 or 0 to see the interaction voxels like in your Nvidia video, I didn't get anything.
                  That's because none of your materials are being used with VXGI.

                  Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                  - I found the Material Parameters where you told me, but I couldn't find Cone Tracing Parameters.
                  Pardon me but which Cone Tracing parameter?
                  Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
                  Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
                  Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

                  [PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                  [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                  My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

                  Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                  Your Friendly Neighborhood
                  Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                    Tilde key didn't work for me I don't know why (maybe because I have an AZERTY keyboard). Outpot Log did work though. Thanks!




                    - I typed r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable 1 in the console now but I could not find "Have « Used With VXGI » check box set on all surface materials"

                    - When I typed r.VXGIDebugMode 2 or 3 or 0 to see the interaction voxels like in your Nvidia video, I didn't get anything.

                    - I found the Material Parameters where you told me, but I couldn't find Cone Tracing Parameters.


                    I hope you answer me about that. We need a detailed guide/wiki about this. Thanks !
                    You can find cone tracing parameters in the "Post Process Volume" put in the scene.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ConeTracingParam.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1066798

                    Thanks,

                    Comment


                      Crashes after build every time:

                      Code:
                      MachineId:B8906B6B4EBE162869569AA86A7AE0E0
                      UserName:Ethan
                      
                      Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)
                      
                      Fatal error: [File:C:\Users\Ethan\Documents\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54] 
                      Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0
                      
                      KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
                      UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::OutOfMemory() + 93 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\hal\malloctbb.h:46]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Realloc() + 191 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:99]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FHeapAllocator::ForAnyElementType::ResizeAllocation() + 37 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\containerallocationpolicies.h:348]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!TSparseArray<TSetElement<TPair<FString,FShaderParameterMap::FParameterAllocation> >,TSparseArrayAllocator<FDefaultAllocator,FDefaultBitArrayAllocator> >::Empty() + 134 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:224]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 179 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:400]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 21 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\set.h:624]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 181 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1165]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 108 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shadercore.h:544]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!DoReadTaskResults() + 747 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:124]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() + 562 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:893]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() + 369 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:1019]
                      UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::Run() + 112 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:504]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() + 86 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
                      UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() + 93 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
                      kernel32 + 88557 bytes
                      ntdll + 181569 bytes

                      Here's what I did, cloned Release, then checkout VXGI
                      Then run the Setup batch, it asks if I want to replace the couple Nvidia files, I hit No
                      After that, I run the build project files
                      Start up the project in Visual Studio
                      I set it to Development_Editor x64
                      Build UE4
                      but it doesn't work when I try to run the editor
                      It works without VXGI checked out though.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                        Crashes after build every time:

                        Code:
                        MachineId:B8906B6B4EBE162869569AA86A7AE0E0
                        UserName:Ethan
                        
                        Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)
                        
                        Fatal error: [File:C:\Users\Ethan\Documents\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54] 
                        Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0
                        
                        KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
                        UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::OutOfMemory() + 93 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\hal\malloctbb.h:46]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Realloc() + 191 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:99]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FHeapAllocator::ForAnyElementType::ResizeAllocation() + 37 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\containerallocationpolicies.h:348]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!TSparseArray<TSetElement<TPair<FString,FShaderParameterMap::FParameterAllocation> >,TSparseArrayAllocator<FDefaultAllocator,FDefaultBitArrayAllocator> >::Empty() + 134 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:224]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 179 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:400]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 21 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\set.h:624]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 181 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1165]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 108 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shadercore.h:544]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!DoReadTaskResults() + 747 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:124]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() + 562 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:893]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() + 369 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:1019]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::Run() + 112 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:504]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() + 86 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() + 93 bytes [c:\users\ethan\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
                        kernel32 + 88557 bytes
                        ntdll + 181569 bytes

                        Here's what I did, cloned Release, then checkout VXGI
                        Then run the Setup batch, it asks if I want to replace the couple Nvidia files, I hit No
                        After that, I run the build project files
                        Start up the project in Visual Studio
                        I set it to Development_Editor x64
                        Build UE4
                        but it doesn't work when I try to run the editor
                        It works without VXGI checked out though.
                        Try this step before running the editor "In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build."

                        Thanks,

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                          Try this step before running the editor "In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build."

                          Thanks,
                          That should do it. I did check in Win64 shadercompilercommon.dll, not yet sure if that would fix it, but rebuilding the ShaderCompileWorker should do it. This is not a bug specific to VXGI, it's a general UE4 problem due to missing dependencies in the solution.

                          --Mike

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Shuckster96 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26258[/ATTACH]

                            I seem to be getting this specific error; I do not know the root cause of this scenario. I built the VXGI branch successfully but Windows 8.1 complains of a missing entry point in a .dll file. Is there an easy fix for this?
                            Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                            Happens the same to me. I just gave up on it; too much other things to do anyway..
                            If Im not mistaken this error comes from the dbghelp.dll that ships with the github dependencies of the Engine, it has a different version than what Visual Studio or the Debug Tools installs. It gets loaded and called when the Engine dies and tries to collect the call stack and stuff for submission to Epic, so its not directly related to the NVidia stuff.

                            Comment


                              If you happen to have to build the engine more often, instead of using Visual Studio which by itself uses a lot processor time and memory with UE open you can make yourself a suitable command line environment.

                              I use a command prompt with the compiler, all needed tools and git in path, and a build script for the engine. Used it without issues on the NV branches too:

                              Code:
                              @echo off
                              
                              call Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development
                              call Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealLightmass Win64 Development
                              call Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealPak  Win64 Development
                              call Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development
                              ..must be started from the root of the engine directory that you want to build.

                              You can change it to build any part in any configuration you see fit. 'Build.bat UE4Game HTML5 Shipping' would build the client files for blueprint games used to package for HTML in shipping configuration in the editor f.e.

                              So building from git hub sources actually is easy
                              Last edited by Mikand79; 02-20-2015, 03:32 PM. Reason: added a 5 :p

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                Tilde key only works if viewport is in focus. ie: If you clicked anywhere else (eg: Content Browser, Details panel etc) then it wont work.
                                I was sure I tried when viewport is highlighted and I tried that again, the problem is tilde key in an AZERTY keyboard location is not ~ but ², ~to get ~ you need to press Alt Gr + 2, but even that doesn't work, even turning the keyboard to english by clicking shift + Alt doesn't help that. UE4 needs to support AZERTY keyboards, because even by keybindings some movements' controls for the viewport, you can't do the same for when you click play and you have to click shift+alt again. I couldn't find where to rebind console key in the options.




                                Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                Are you sure you dont have Used with Vxgi Voxelization option in your material?
                                I checked again for the materials in the Cornell Box sample and all materials have that option enabled by default.



                                Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                That's because none of your materials are being used with VXGI.
                                The option was enabled by default, I even now enabled all other options for VXGI for the materials, but typing r.VXGIDebugMode 2 or r.VXGIDebugMode 3 or r.VXGIDebugMode 0 in the outpot log doesn't still let visualize respectively neither the voxelized opacities nor the emittance colors nor the Diffuse result. Please someone help me to visualize them.



                                Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                                Pardon me but which Cone Tracing parameter?
                                This one:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi_doc_snip.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1066812


                                Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                                You can find cone tracing parameters in the "Post Process Volume" put in the scene.

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26305[/ATTACH]

                                Thanks,
                                Thanks but I typed PostProcessVolume_VXGI in the search tab but I could find the VXGI diffuse and VXGI specualr you showed. Waht should I add to the scene to find them? Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X