NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
    So I've noticed that this technique uses cascaded voxel grids (i.e. lower res voxels further away) and it works very smoothly.
    Is there a console command for adjusting voxel resolution? I have found through my own experience in VCT that 32x32x32 grid resolution is sufficient enough for high quality diffuse gi - there will be a huge performance boost (which will make using multiple bounces much less intensive). This will have an impact on specular gi however, that can be covered up by the SSRs.
    I don't think there's a console command, but I believe the initialization is lurking somewhere. I'll look into it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1066781

I seem to be getting this specific error; I do not know the root cause of this scenario. I built the VXGI branch successfully but Windows 8.1 complains of a missing entry point in a .dll file. Is there an easy fix for this?

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
        In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build.
        I downloaded the ZIP and I cannot find anything named ShaderCompilerWorker

Comment

Originally posted by dinker99 View Post
          I downloaded the ZIP and I cannot find anything named ShaderCompilerWorker
          It's in the UE4 Solution, in VS Solution Explorer panel, under Programs.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	shadercompilerworker.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	1066786

Comment

Originally posted by Shuckster96 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26258[/ATTACH]

I seem to be getting this specific error; I do not know the root cause of this scenario. I built the VXGI branch successfully but Windows 8.1 complains of a missing entry point in a .dll file. Is there an easy fix for this?
            No idea on that one, I'm afraid.

Comment

@Mike: Is Emissive lighting supported?
              Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
              Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
              Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
              [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
              My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
              Your Friendly Neighborhood
              Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                @Mike: Is Emissive lighting supported?
                You mean emissive materials? Yes, there is a console variable "r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable". Have a look on the third page of the UE4_VXGI_Overview.PDF doc in the root directory.

Comment

Hello everyone just covering my basis here.
                  i just orderd a "GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5"

And just want to make sure, this is the preferd GPU to be working with this stuff correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WCode View Post
                    Hello everyone just covering my basis here.
                    i just orderd a "GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5"

And just want to make sure, this is the preferd GPU to be working with this stuff correct?
                    Sure, for VXGI that should work nicely. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                      Sure, for VXGI that should work nicely. :-)
                      This is great , and the other GameWorks stuff as well then i assume?
                      Thanks for lightning fast reply as well!

Comment

Originally posted by WCode View Post
                        This is great , and the other GameWorks stuff as well then i assume?
                        Thanks for lightning fast reply as well!
                        Yes, you'll find that FleX, WaveWorks, and the other GameWorks GPU techs will have plenty of room on a 980. Then again, any processor can be overwhelmed if you throw enough data at it. I've been running a 680, recently upgrading to 980.

Comment

@Mike: I dont know if its just me but (atleast) for me VXGI is very unstable. Editor crashes saying display driver crashed and i cant simulate or play. I always get the below error when i try to do that.

And as you said I enabled r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable 1 but still there is no area lighting. There is no emissive settings in Post Process Volume. Is that intentional or bug?

GPU: GTX 980 (347.25)
                          Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
                          Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
                          Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                          [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                          My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                          Your Friendly Neighborhood
                          Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Happens the same to me. I just gave up on it; too much other things to do anyway..
                            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Yes, you'll find that FleX, WaveWorks, and the other GameWorks GPU techs will have plenty of room on a 980. Then again, any processor can be overwhelmed if you throw enough data at it. I've been running a 680, recently upgrading to 980.
                              This is great and a bit funny i am also upgrading from a GTX 680

Well thanks for confirming this.
                              Have a nice day and weekend!
                              WCode

Comment

It's in the UE4 Solution, in VS Solution Explorer panel, under Programs.
                                The original post stated "ShaderCompilerWorker" but the correct name is ShaderCompileWorker

Comment

Working...
                                X