No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah same here. I suspect the rhi integration could do with a rewrite but that would require a clearer understanding of the systems than I have at this point. Messing around with this sort of code certainly helps though. I'd also like to redo the voxelization rendering to have it's own veiw so that it could collect lower level LODs or proxy meshes and be isolated from the vertex buffers of the main views. Although I'm not sure I'm understanding how that works properly yet either.

With SLI there a bunch of approaches that could work:
    1. Card per eye - Need to voxelize on both cards but only a half frame sync after render and minimal frag fills per card.
    2. Interleaved Frames - Full frame sync but no extra voxelization cost.
    3. Dedicated Voxelization card - Not sure how much the voxel data structure would cost to sync but would potentially be mixable with a standard SLI setup for VR rendering and perhaps allow for higher quality voxel processing.

The next step for me is to put VRWorks back in to get the SLI fundamentals and the improved frame clipping as well. I say back in because I had them together in a 4.13 version I had awhile back. Any reduction in frag fills is essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
      Looks fantastic, please feel free to commit any update on my VXGI branch. Not sure if you've seen this bit too, but i've added a Tesselation fix in the VXGI shaders for a feature that got broken last summer.

I've not tried the DX12 part, but indeed as far as i remember i updated it. For the new Graphic Pipeline interface, it's just been a whole lot of trial and error, a lot.
      " 4.16.2 (no packaging): VXGI - Here"

Any reason why the link isn't working anymore? I'd love to test things out !

Comment

Originally posted by chrisradsby View Post
        " 4.16.2 (no packaging): VXGI - Here"

Any reason why the link isn't working anymore? I'd love to test things out !
        Works fine for me. Are you logged in and registerred with UnrealEngine?
        Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

Hi Maxime, I tried out your latest Gameworks 4.16.2 build, but wasn't able to get it to build in Visual Studio Community 2017. So basically I did-
          1. Download your 4.16.2 zip from github, extracted it and ran the setup command.
          2. Next I ran generateprojectfiles command and then installed Visual Studio Community 2017. I ticked for Unreal Engine 4 during installation of modules.
          3. Next I ran the UE4.sln from the files, and per this documentation I built it but got a bunch of errors.
          4. When I tried to StartNewInstance it says you need to build the ShaderCompileworker and development editor.
          5. If I hit yes it does a quick build and then gives me this error-

How can I fix this? Thanks

Comment

You indeed need your github account to be linked with Unreal and Nvidia to access the repo.
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
              You indeed need your github account to be linked with Unreal and Nvidia to access the repo.
              Er sorry? I can access the repo. It just wont build without errors or launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Millicent_Bystandard View Post
                Hi Maxime, I tried out your latest Gameworks 4.16.2 build, but wasn't able to get it to build in Visual Studio Community 2017. So basically I did-
                1. Download your 4.16.2 zip from github, extracted it and ran the setup command.
                2. Next I ran generateprojectfiles command and then installed Visual Studio Community 2017. I ticked for Unreal Engine 4 during installation of modules.
                3. Next I ran the UE4.sln from the files, and per this documentation I built it but got a bunch of errors.
                4. When I tried to StartNewInstance it says you need to build the ShaderCompileworker and development editor.
                5. If I hit yes it does a quick build and then gives me this error-

How can I fix this? Thanks
                Try visual studio 2015? :3 You seem to have follow all required steps, downloading files, either by .zip or with Gitbash. Run setup.bat, GenerateProjectFiles.bat than compiling the visual studio file with Visual Studio.

I'll suggest grabbing the Unreal Engine Epic game original source and trying to compile it with those same steps, to identify either the source of your issues is coming from your installation or my build.
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

With Shader based plugins coming in 4.17, I've been trying to hype up to NVidia on compiling their UE4 builds as plugins to the base engine, like Ansel. This would be insanely beneficial to the community.
                  WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                  World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                  WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                    With Shader based plugins coming in 4.17, I've been trying to hype up to NVidia on compiling their UE4 builds as plugins to the base engine, like Ansel. This would be insanely beneficial to the community.
                    won't really work for things VXGI or other rendering plugins. Since rendering pipeline is till pretty much closed off. VXGI make changes to RHI and render passes. None of which can be extened easily AFAIK.
                    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Hello this might be the dumbest question ever but where do I get VGXI?

Comment

hi sir i am from india i have hairworks 4.15 work with morph target can you merge in flow and vxgi and flex or give me trick how to merge thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                          Given the way that their integrations have worked thus far, it's pretty difficult to properly segregate a lot of the functionality into a plugin (especially for volumetric lighting and HBAO+). Flow is the first of the GameWorks tech to be a proper plugin, but even it has a few necessary engine source changes that are required.
                          Trent Polack (@mittense)
                          Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Anybody know that based on the emergence of the NVIDIA CUDA hardware technology, decoding/encoding speed is greatly accelerated because NVIDIA's GPU shares the occupation of the computer's CPU?

Comment

Hi there,
                              did anyone try to use cataclysm, flow or Flex in a mobile designed project ?
                              Just migrating the level or assets from the compiled engine into a mobile project is not enough to make it work (obviously).
                              Last edited by Teapot Creation; 07-26-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Hello all. Im brand new to github and the source for UE4. I want to combine VXGI, Volumetric fog, and the VRWorks graphics for 4.15 into one big unreal source , so i can use all of them in a project. Can anyone please explain how, or point me toward the place that may already have it done? Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X