NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Nice to see that they got the 4.16 Flow out so quick. I hope that they can put out the VXGI branch soon.
    It would have the same issues that in 4.15 Really, if you want the full VXGI experience, it's the 4.14.3 build

Nvflow in plugin format is really wonderful.

Here is a 4.16 build with all Gameworks i made 2 months ago while Epic was staging the first release candidate.
    It's full feature and rather stable, editor is working but it also fails on packaging. From memory there's VXGI, Flow, Flex, Volum light in it... Every Gameworks except Hairworks as they were 2 months ago.
    VXGI works as well as in 4.15 for instance (still the VFX issue).
    But of course, as it was 2 months ago, it's a rather old 4.16 build and Nvidia GameWorks were also updated., but the tricky part with the new Graphic pipeline is done...
    I'm not sure the gitignore is setup properly so there might be some libraries to grab left and right to be able to compile if they were not properly uploaded to github.

If someone really wants to port gameworks to 'modern' 4.16, you can check this out i guess.
    *link updated*
    https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...-Old-GameWorks
    Last edited by MaximeDupart; 06-08-2017, 12:23 PM.
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
      It would have the same issues that in 4.15 Really, if you want the full VXGI experience, it's the 4.14.3 build

Nvflow in plugin format is really wonderful.

edit: Failure on packaging for 64bits Windows using Nvflow 4.16
      Pushed fix for that this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew.Reidmeyer View Post
        Pushed fix for that this morning.
        Awesome! Thanks Andrew, can't wait to add flow to my project!
        LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Thanks. We have the 4.14.3 build running a version of our game. It looks great. I am hoping that the 4.16 version from Nvidia will fix the problems in 4.15.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
            Thanks. We have the 4.14.3 build running a version of our game. It looks great. I am hoping that the 4.16 version from Nvidia will fix the problems in 4.15.
            I've updated the Flow plugin to the latest version, but it's still on top of a pre-release 4.16 build. I'm compiling right now to check if there isn't any issue with the github commit:
            It's as hacky as it can gets (a couple warnings during compile) but allows to play with 4.16 features and most of nvidia Gameworks, VXGI included:

edit: finished updating Flow on this 4.16 build. VXGI, Flow, Flex should already work properly.
            I might slowly update this build to current 4.16.2 but this is a rather big task.
            edit-edit: Updated Substance plugin and fixed the missing libs issue, should now work out of the box.
            Last edited by MaximeDupart; 06-08-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

why are all of the merged build links to github broken on this thread?
              404, everyone of them.

Comment

[MENTION=831]Maxim[/MENTION]e

Hi Maxime, I just compiled the https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...-Old-GameWorks without problems. The question is when I open it it the splash screen says it is version 4.15.3
                Is this normal? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                  [MENTION=831]Maxim[/MENTION]e

Hi Maxime, I just compiled the https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...-Old-GameWorks without problems. The question is when I open it it the splash screen says it is version 4.15.3
                  Is this normal? Thanks!
                  Hello, i'm afraid you grabbed the 4.15.3 branch, check on the left, if you downloaded by .zip it also should be the name of the .zip of course.
                  The 4.16 branch will actually show 4.17 on splashscreen. I grabbed the source for this build exactly when they isolated their 4.16 work to prepare it for release.

Also please note that you can't package with this 4.16 branch as it is right now.

I actually stopped playing with this build in the middle of adding Hairworks to it, it would appears that it's one of the issue preventing proper packaging. I need to remove HairWorks from this build to check and see.
                  Would be cool to be able to package with GameWork on 4.16, would "only" need to update to current 4.16 to get it over with.
                  Last edited by MaximeDupart; 06-08-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hello, i'm afraid you grabbed the 4.15.3 branch, check on the left, if you downloaded by .zip it also should be the name of the .zip of course.
                    The 4.16 branch will actually show 4.17 on splashscreen. I grabbed the source for this build exactly when they isolated their 4.16 work to prepare it for release.

Also please note that you can't package with this 4.16 branch as it is right now.

I actually stopped playing with this build in the middle of adding Hairworks to it, it would appears that it's one of the issue preventing proper packaging. I need to remove HairWorks from this build to check and see.
                    Would be cool to be able to package with GameWork on 4.16, would "only" need to update to current 4.16 to get it over with.
                    On the bright side, I can settle for not using Hairworks as I won't be using in production. I pray this gets things going packaging wise so I can send betas to my testers.
                    Last edited by sbnewsom; 06-08-2017, 07:50 PM.
                    Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

hi,
                      anybody tried waveworks with 4.16 volumetric fog ?

Comment

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
                        On the bright side, I can settle for not using Hairworks as I won't be using in production. I pray this gets things going packaging wise so I can send betas to my testers.
                        Removed Hairworks but still got packaging issues. Nvflow has been updated to the latest version. I made this short video of what is possible to do with this 4.16 pre-release build.
                        Mixing Epic Game 4.16 volumetric fog and lights with nvidia volumetric lights. Using Flex, Flow, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by DWGS View Post
                          why are all of the merged build links to github broken on this thread?
                          404, everyone of them.
                          Because you either are not logged into github or you havent linked your github account to your epic one:

https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Comment

hey guys, another vxgi issue: https://gyazo.com/4104062b944ccb5561dac815732f0b17 does anyone know how to "fix" this or is it also one of 4.15 exclusive bugs???

Comment

Maxime.Dupart or anyone can guide me that material painting on the landscape can be done on which branch before I download any branch. Unfortunately, i can't do that in VXGI 4.13 and 4.14

Comment

Originally posted by overfuze View Post
                                hey guys, another vxgi issue: https://gyazo.com/4104062b944ccb5561dac815732f0b17 does anyone know how to "fix" this or is it also one of 4.15 exclusive bugs???
                                Again, you've no idea how much i would love to use VXGI on 4.15/4.16, as it's the only affordable/free real-time GI we can have as Indie developper while multi-million dollar game company use advanced enlighten UE4 integration for real time GI. It's looking stunning and the performance are really good if properly tuned.
                                It's a big deal for a lot of people, but to be clear, i'm not sure VXGI is a priority for Nvidia right now, if you want the full feature, full Vxgi experience in every scenario, you should stick to 4.14.3, no doubt about that.
                                If my game project wasn't relying on some newly added feature i would still develop my game in 4.14.3.

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                                Maxime.Dupart or anyone can guide me that material painting on the landscape can be done on which branch before I download any branch. Unfortunately, i can't do that in VXGI 4.13 and 4.14
                                I remember looking into your issue and failing to reproduce it in 4.14 if i remember properly.
                                Last edited by MaximeDupart; 06-11-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X