NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masongos View Post
    Guys I need help. I cannot integrate waveworks into UE4. Any step by step guides or videos?
    Grab LukaszPJWSTK build?
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Can anyone try and reproduce this problem?

Planar Reflections in 4.12.5 (they capture VXGI): https://i.gyazo.com/b0b2e38171dc8c78...02dcc8f22c.jpg

Planar Reflections in 4.15.1 (they do not capture VXGI): https://gyazo.com/9bfce731483771dfd8c54cc06ccc1909

There is a checkbox that says "Enable VXGI?" but doesn't do anything. In 4.15.1 there is way more options for planar reflections than in 4.12.5. Would be appriciated if someone provided a fix aswell.

Comment

Nice one bro!

Originally posted by LukaszPJWSTK View Post
        Two things:
        First, I found another null pointer reference in WaveWorks branch resulting in "Fatal error" on loading project. To fix it just replace lines 175-187 of file Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\WaveWorksRender.cpp with this code:
        Code:
        float YAxisMultiplier = 1.0f;

if (WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture != nullptr) {
        	FIntPoint RenderTargetSize(WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture->GetSurfaceWidth(), WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture->GetSurfaceHeight());
        	if (RenderTargetSize.X > RenderTargetSize.Y)
        	{
        		// if the viewport is wider than it is tall
        		YAxisMultiplier = RenderTargetSize.X / (float)RenderTargetSize.Y;
        	}
        }
        I have already made pull request on Nvidia repository.

Second, if anyone is still interested in 4.15.1 then I have created a fork of Nvidia repository with UE 4.15.1 branch having merged:
        - HairWorks
        - WaveWorks
        - FleX
        - VXGI
        - Volumetric Lighting
        - Flow
        all together and is available here: https://github.com/lukaszPJATK/UnrealEngine
        Feel free to use it
        Co-Chair of the IGDA Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Realities Special Interest Group
        www.jamietelford.com

Comment

Hello there,

Just one quick question since I was not able to use LukaszPJWSTK build.

0. Clone this branch.
          1. Open directory which contains cloned repository in explorer.
          2. Run Setup.bat script and wait until it finish.
          3. Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat script and wait until it finish.
          4. Now change branch to Everything branch. If you use git bash or something similar, just type "git checkout Everything".
          5. Once again run GenerateProjectFiles.bat script and wait until it finish.
          6. Open UE4.sln solution file in Visual Studio (2015 or newer).
          7. Build UE4 and ShaderCompileWorker projects in Visual Studio.
          8. Enjoy!
          I got stuck at step 7; building the UE4.sln gave me some errors.

What should I do with the 4th step? I don't understand it. Also, I downloaded the files in ZIP format. Does this cause my lack of understanding?
          Furthermore, since my Unreal Engine version is 4.16.0 instead of 4.15.1, can I still get it working? Maybe THIS is the problem.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks very interesting!

Comment

Hello,

If I take the current VRWorks Audio plugin for 4.15 and put it in a 4.16 build, would it work with the new audio engine? I would like to compare it to Steam Audio and some custom audio synthesis I'm developing that requires the new audio engine.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by virtualHC View Post
                Hello,

If I take the current VRWorks Audio plugin for 4.15 and put it in a 4.16 build, would it work with the new audio engine? I would like to compare it to Steam Audio and some custom audio synthesis I'm developing that requires the new audio engine.

Thanks!
                I doubt it. I did a quick compare between standard UE4 code and that nvidia branch and a few of the files that are changed belong to the old audio engine as best I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelie View Post
                  Hello there,

Just one quick question since I was not able to use LukaszPJWSTK build.

I got stuck at step 7; building the UE4.sln gave me some errors.

What should I do with the 4th step? I don't understand it. Also, I downloaded the files in ZIP format. Does this cause my lack of understanding?
                  Furthermore, since my Unreal Engine version is 4.16.0 instead of 4.15.1, can I still get it working? Maybe THIS is the problem.
                  Other versions of UE4 you already have installed wont affect this, it is it's own copy of the editor.

Make sure you have git command line tools installed. Then the following sort of command should get you a version that compiles. Dont download a zip, do this instead. When I tried a few days ago it worked, I got some warnings during build but not errors:

navigate to a new folder you want to install this version in.
                  git clone https://github.com/lukaszPJATK/UnrealEngine.git
                  cd UnrealEngine
                  setup
                  generateprojectfiles
                  git checkout Everything
                  generateprojectfiles
                  open sln
                  build
                  you can then run executable UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Windows/UE4Editor

Comment

Hi,

For those using WaveWorks,
                    Is there any buoyancy system integrated in it? I can't find any sign of such anywhere in the template while everyone on the Internet seems to be able to do so. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!
                    -Reelie

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
                      Other versions of UE4 you already have installed wont affect this, it is it's own copy of the editor.

Make sure you have git command line tools installed. Then the following sort of command should get you a version that compiles. Dont download a zip, do this instead. When I tried a few days ago it worked, I got some warnings during build but not errors:

navigate to a new folder you want to install this version in.
                      git clone https://github.com/lukaszPJATK/UnrealEngine.git
                      cd UnrealEngine
                      setup
                      generateprojectfiles
                      git checkout Everything
                      generateprojectfiles
                      open sln
                      build
                      you can then run executable UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Windows/UE4Editor
                      Thanks, I'll try that as soon as possible!

Comment

More FLOW Questions!

Hello and thank you all for your help getting FLOW working in my UE4 projects!

If there is some other place where Flow is being discussed, please let me know. I can't find much information on it, guess that's what we get for being on the bleeding edge.

Questions:
                        1. I'm working on a smaller project and want to include flow. The map is a rectangular arena that is around 4 standard/default flow grids long, and one default flow grid wide. Would it be better to have 4 unmovable flow grids placed on my level, or one massive one with increased cell size? I'm looking for optimization here over anything as I was some flame throwers and ignitable gas clouds - the more effects I can have at once the better.
                        2. Most of what I've got out of flow so far has been beautiful fires and mushrooming plumes of smoke and flame - which looks amazing. I'm trying to make more of a flamethrower that stretches out far horizontally, but increasing velocity enough to get close to the effect I'm looking for causes the flame to be too violently chaotic and drops my FPS by around 30. I'm hoping there's a way to get the flames to stretch out horizontally while still looking somewhat smooth and to eat less FPS... has anyone achieved this?
                        3. And finally, the ground in my arena is generated by voxelfarm using a modified procedural mesh component. Distance fields seem to be unable to generate for it since its procedural and generates/deforms during runtime. I've changed its collision preset to block the flow channel, but the gas goes right through it - are distance fields 100% required for flow interaction, or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance everyone, I greatly appreciate it!!

Comment

1.) Multiple grids are currently completely independent, so higher performance cost than a single grid. You can move grids now though, which would allow you to keep a single grid within some LOD region.

2.) The simulation does not yet support liquid fuel, which would help with the horizontal stretch. For now, you can have multiple Flow emitters that shoot out from the flamethrower nozzle to emulate the effect. (Shoot out like a particle with a short lifetime.)

3.) Distance fields are not required. The Flow block flag collision does use the PhysX collision shape though, and supports spheres, boxes, capsules, convexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                            I have a 4.15.1 outdated (flex and flow aren't up to date in it) which include VXGI, so it's possible. The small project with Star Citizen ships i talked about a couple post above was made using this branch.

User Bluearc actually reached out to me yesterday about the new HairWorks branch that included a couple fixes and the MorphTarget support. Therefore i made this 4.15.3 branch yesterday using the most up to date 4.15 branch from Epic Game, and Nvidia branches.
                            I also wanted some backup on Github in case i want to play around with GameWorks.

I might actually push a seperate branch which include VXGI (and a tesselation fix i submitted to Nvidia github by pull request, but hasn't been merged).
                            Also i would assume VXAO is also impacted by the current issues.
                            Hi man, is there any chance you could push the mentioned separate build with VXGI included? That would help me a ton as it'll be my go-to production build before 4.16 merged builds are stable, which I guess would be at least takes a couple of months. Thank you in advance for your help. Cheers!

Comment

+1 I didn't find anything about buoyancy too!!

Comment

[MENTION=567795]Reelie[/MENTION]
                                As SteveElbows mentioned, You should use git to clone repository instead of downloading a zip archive. But maybe if you change branch (on GitHub page) to Everything and download zip from this branch, then copy and rewrite files from zip archive you previously extracted, it would work. This could be equivalent of step 4 in my instruction but I don't guarantee this would work
                                Somehow I can't enlarge your attached image with errors and as far as I know, even if you skipped step 4, it should still compile, so it's a bit strange.

also +1 for question about built-in buoyancy system.

Comment

Working...
                                X